Author Topic: Acting Met chief was in a car just yards away from PC Keith Palmer murder.  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Admin

What a hero!

It has been revealed that acting Met chief, Sir Craig Mackey, 'was in a car with two other men and witnessed the murder of PC Keith Palmer but fled the scene rather than assist the constable.

The former head of Scotland Yard today described watching PC Keith Palmer being murdered as he locked himself in his car and was driven away in the chaos.

Sir Craig Mackey, who was then acting as Commissioner of the Met, told the inquest into Khalid Masood's death that he saw his officer stabbed in front of him on March 22 last year.

Sir Craig, who will retire at Christmas, was briefly in charge of Britain's biggest force after Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe left in the February and Cressida Dick did not take over as Commissioner until the April.

He had been meeting Policing Minister Brandon Lewis when he heard a 'loud bang' as Masood's 4x4 smashed into the fence under Big Ben before the terrorist sprinted through security gates and stabbed PC Palmer with a kitchen knife.

The police officer, who was knighted this year, said he went to get out of the car, which was passing through the vehicle barrier just inside the gates, but was told: 'Shut the door' and locked it.

PC Palmer staggered past Sir Craig's car, pursued by Masood, who was then shot dead by a close protection officer working for then Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon.

Sir Craig was then swept away around 30 seconds after Masood, who murdered five people that day, was gunned down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6252229/Acting-Met-chief-fled-scene-Westminster-terror-attack.html

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:49:30 PM by Admin »

Offline Sunny

Shocking Admin!

The Acting Metropolitan Police Chief was unarmed so he had the car doors locked and the car driven away. 

It is a crying shame that PC Keith Palmer one of his staff and a brave policeman couldn't do the same.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Angelo222

Shocking Admin!

The Acting Metropolitan Police Chief was unarmed so he had the car doors locked and the car driven away. 

It is a crying shame that PC Keith Palmer one of his staff and a brave policeman couldn't do the same.

It was a shameful response to run away like a coward when his own officer was being butchered. The very same glorious MET who have spent over 12 million quid investigating ghosts in the Maddie case.  Mackey is paid over £270,000 to lead Scotland Yard but running away was an insult to those officers who tread the streets of London every day.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 09:20:39 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

As a member of the public my response may well have been to lock my car doors. How a police officer could respond that way seems shameful. His first thought seems to have been for his own safety. Very different from the reaction of Tobias Ellwood whose first concern was to help the police officer.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

As a member of the public my response may well have been to lock my car doors. How a police officer could respond that way seems shameful. His first thought seems to have been for his own safety. Very different from the reaction of Tobias Ellwood whose first concern was to help the police officer.

Just goes to show how out of touch senior officers are when it comes to the rank and file beneath them.  ME ME ME attitude prevails these days. Some of these senior policemen have barely trod any beat so little wonder they aren't real policemen.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!