Author Topic: Boris Johnson to shut down Parliament. Privy Council meet Queen at Balmoral.  (Read 25709 times)

Offline G-Unit

I do have concerns that there will be difficulty in continuing the usual supplies of certain foods and medicines.
Do you believe that "sneaking" supplies through an open border in Ireland will ensure there are no shortages of food and medicines.

As far as food is concerned I can't see the British starving. Less choice never killed anyone. I expect the NHS to make sure they have enough of the medicines to meet demand.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

As far as food is concerned I can't see the British starving. Less choice never killed anyone. I expect the NHS to make sure they have enough of the medicines to meet demand.

I have a feeling those who oppose  brexit,have no idea that trade goes both ways! The young who will never forgive those  who'cheated them of??' Will have to learn to be self sufficient- not be so bloody spoilt and dependant on parents!  Instead of paying into EU coffer to support the French farmers huge subsidies- we can demand farmers here farm the land properly!

If we can get tens of thousands of EU 'citizens' and  'refugees' and their new pakistani /African hisbands into the country then I am sure we will find a way to get pinapples. we do have ships!

The other health benefit is obesity will be tackled by not allowing EVERYONE from abroad to open up take a ways.

Many Many benefits our country will have if it is done peoperly!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Erngath

I don't believe I suggested that the British would be starving, an exaggeration on your part.
I do hope you are correct about the important medicines which many folk rely on .
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

I have a feeling those who oppose  brexit,have no idea that trade goes both ways! The young who will never forgive those  who'cheated them of??' Will have to learn to be self sufficient- not be so bloody spoilt and dependant on parents!  Instead of paying into EU coffer to support the French farmers huge subsidies- we can demand farmers here farm the land properly!

If we can get tens of thousands of EU 'citizens' and  'refugees' and their new pakistani /African hisbands into the country then I am sure we will find a way to get pinapples. we do have ships!

The other health benefit is obesity will be tackled by not allowing EVERYONE from abroad to open up take a ways.

Also being ignored is the impact a no deal Brexit will have in Europe.

Germany would face £3.4 billion in tariffs on their exports to the UK, France £1.4 billion and the other EU countries would also face costs. Altogether the UK would pay £5.2 billion in tariffs, but the EU would pay £12.9 billion.
https://www.civitas.org.uk/reports_articles/potential-post-brexit-tariff-costs-for-eu-uk-trade/

Take away the £13 billion the UK pays to be a member of the EU and it's clear that the EU needs to negotiate or be the loser in monetary terms.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

I do have concerns that there will be difficulty in continuing the usual supplies of certain foods and medicines.
Do you believe that "sneaking" supplies through an open border in Ireland will ensure there are no shortages of food and medicines.

I agree that it is inevitable that there will disruptions for a while but it is a small price to pay to get out of the EU State. Having seen the damage the EU has done to Spain for example with its mass unemployment and inflation, I truly believe that we are better out of it. It's not as if we were receiving anything which we haven't already paid for, the UK has been subsidizing basketcase economies in Europe ever since we joined and that included the Republic of Ireland.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 11:29:19 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

I have a feeling those who oppose  brexit,have no idea that trade goes both ways! The young who will never forgive those  who'cheated them of??' Will have to learn to be self sufficient- not be so bloody spoilt and dependant on parents! Instead of paying into EU coffer to support the French farmers huge subsidies- we can demand farmers here farm the land properly!

Absolutely, it is scandalous that UK farmers are being paid an average of £100 an acre to leave land fallow, what a stupid waste. But then again, the EU stands for greed and waste on a mammoth scale.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Pineapples don’t come from Europe.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

Absolutely, it is scandalous that UK farmers are being paid an average of £100 an acre to leave land fallow, what a stupid waste. But then again, the EU stands for greed and waste on a mammoth scale.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jan/04/no-deal-brexit-would-be-catastrophic-uk-farmers-warns-nfu
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

I am simply repeating the confidential forecasts of the governement’s own report on a no deal outcome. I don’t believe in unicorns or pots of gold at the end of the rainbow so if that makes me a doom merchant so be it.

I wonder if a government's forecast has ever come to fruition.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

If the forecasts remained confidential we would never know.

Offline John

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jan/04/no-deal-brexit-would-be-catastrophic-uk-farmers-warns-nfu

That article is just the sort of hysterics we have come to expect. Like everything else in life, there will be winners and losers after Brexit, we can't all be winners. Farmers will be compensated for any serious losses and will adapt in the long term.

Maybe its time UK farmers provided a product for UK consumers. Its crazy that we buy lamb from Australia and New Zealand yet export to the EU. Something badly askew there.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:01:59 PM by John »

Offline John

If it's anything like the last time then no. Warnings of doom and gloom by so-called experts seldom come to fruition.  We must embrace Brexit because it will happen regardless of the loonies shouting their mouths off in Parliament Square.

Offline Venturi Swirl

That article is just the sort of hysterics we have come to expect. Like everything else in life, there will be winners and losers after Brexit, we can't all be winners. Farmers will be compensated for any serious losses and will adapt in the long term.

Maybe its time UK farmers provided a product for UK consumers. Its crazy that we buy lamb from Australia and New Zealand yet export to the EU. Something badly askew there.
Rather than dismiss the article out of hand it might have been more illuminating if you’d explained which parts of the NFU’s leader’s comments you found to be hysterical.  Is it because she’s a woman?

Offline barrier

If it's anything like the last time then no. Warnings of doom and gloom by so-called experts seldom come to fruition.  We must embrace Brexit because it will happen regardless of the loonies shouting their mouths off in Parliament Square.

I think the supposed demonstrators are afraid that we may just have a PM with a bit of savvy,that scares them.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

The government is planning to spend £100 million on pro-Brexit propaganda between now and 31st October.  Any complaints from Brexiteers here?