Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239577 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2019, 07:21:28 AM »
There’s that word hatred again. Have you apologists really got so little imagination?
Why don’t you hate the McCanns?  According to you they abandoned their kids, let one of them die, chucked her body in a bin, lied about it, decided to go on a publicity tour to make themselves famous,  raked in millions, made the lives of many a misery especially the hard-working cop Amaral who was only doing his job, they live in a horrible house, speak with contemptible accents, have appallng dress sense, ingratiate themselves with the genuine parents of missing kids,  have supporters who cause dear old ladies to commit suicide, I mean are you some sort of saint for not hating them??!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:24:13 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2019, 07:53:04 AM »
Why don’t you hate the McCanns?  According to you they abandoned their kids, let one of them die, chucked her body in a bin, lied about it, decided to go on a publicity tour to make themselves famous,  raked in millions, made the lives of many a misery especially the hard-working cop Amaral who was only doing his job, they live in a horrible house, speak with contemptible accents, have appallng dress sense, ingratiate themselves with the genuine parents of missing kids,  have supporters who cause dear old ladies to commit suicide, I mean are you some sort of saint for not hating them??!

Are you sure those are not your words? Accents and dress sense?  8)-)))
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2019, 07:56:02 AM »
I haven't found a direct quote from Martin Smith.

ST:

Smith has since stressed that he does not believe the man he saw was Gerry, and Scotland Yard do not consider this a possibility. Last week the McCanns were told officially by the Portuguese authorities that they are not suspects.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2794.0

However, there is this from Mary Smith (MoS):
This weekend, Mr Smith's wife Mary told the Mail on Sunday her husband had no regrets about coming forward.

He [Martin] doesn't want to talk, said Mrs Smith. He said what he had to say. I was with him [that night]. We saw a man carrying a child and that's all we know. We told them all that and that's it.

''The man he saw had the same stature as Gerry McCann. We felt we had to help. We're happy we did. We reported exactly what we saw.

"We only did what we thought was right for a missing girl and our hearts are breaking for her parents, as it would be if it were one of ours.

''I feel very much for them [the McCanns]. I have six grandchildren of my own and six children of my own.

"The poor McCann family must be heartbroken.''

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7062.msg310346#msg310346

There is also a tweet exchange between Xklamation and Jason Farrell from Sky:

Joana Morais
‏@JoanaAMorais
@JasonFarrellSky «I would be 60-80% sure that it was Gerald McCann that I met that night carrying a child» Mr.Smith http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_SMITH.htm

Jason Farrell ‏@JasonFarrellSky 14 Oct 2013
@xklamation it was Peter Smith who I spoke to, who was in the group. That wasn't his take on it.
0 retweets 0 likes
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7062.msg310346#msg310346

The BBC said Smith changed his mind didn't they? Then they had to change their programme because it wasn't true.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2019, 07:59:46 AM »
Are you sure those are not your words? Accents and dress sense?  8)-)))
Are you not aware that Kate’s accent and clothes are mocked mercilessly?  No doubt Saint Faithlilly will deny it but I have been ineracting with her for long enough to know that she finds both beneath contempt.   Funny those were the only two aspects in my post you questioned though... @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2019, 08:05:54 AM »
Its ironic...another characteristic of sceptics...they object to  what other posters say about them but continue by making endless vile comments towards the mccanns

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2019, 08:16:03 AM »
Are you not aware that Kate’s accent and clothes are mocked mercilessly?  No doubt Saint Faithlilly will deny it but I have been ineracting with her for long enough to know that she finds both beneath contempt.   Funny those were the only two aspects in my post you questioned though... @)(++(*

I'd never seen them mentioned on here or anywhere else, that's why. Do you have a cite?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2019, 08:19:03 AM »
I'd never seen them mentioned on here or anywhere else, that's why. Do you have a cite?
Not without upsetting the rules of the forum.  Tell you what to make you happy I will concede that Faithlilly has never once on this forum (to the best of my knowledge and brcause I can’t be bothered to go through all her thousands of barbed posts) criticised Kate’s accent or clothes.  The rest stands though.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2019, 09:25:17 AM »
Not without upsetting the rules of the forum.  Tell you what to make you happy I will concede that Faithlilly has never once on this forum (to the best of my knowledge and brcause I can’t be bothered to go through all her thousands of barbed posts) criticised Kate’s accent or clothes.  The rest stands though.

Just another example of your fondness for hyperbole then.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2019, 09:31:16 AM »

I am finding this all a bit more difficult to cope with today than I normally do.  So please beware.  I will be implementing Forum Rules In Full.  So don't waste your time writing things that will be deleted.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2019, 10:15:15 AM »
I am finding this all a bit more difficult to cope with today than I normally do.  So please beware.  I will be implementing Forum Rules In Full.  So don't waste your time writing things that will be deleted.

I hope you are OK Eleanor x
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »
Did the BBC bend the truth?
Gemma O’Doherty

A reward of €20,000 was Offered to anyone who could assist with the investigation. But then the Story of the Smith sighting took another bizarre twist as allegations emerged in the media that the family had retracted their statements. The public were being told that this potentially critical development was just another red herring.

The BBC even went as far as to make this claim. In a 'Panorama' programme broadcast in May to mark the tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, presenter Richard Bilton told viewers that the Smiths had changed their mind about seeing Gerry McCann and now believed they had seen someone else.

In recent weeks, I have spoken to Martin Smith at his home in Drogheda. He told me he continues to stand by everything he said to police in 2007. At no point did he withdraw his statement or change his mind about the sighting.

He is frustrated by media claims that he now says he was mistaken; and remains "60-80 per cent" convinced that the man he saw that night was Gerry McCann.

After the BBC programme was broadcast, Martin contacted ‘Panorama’ and informed them of their inaccuracy. But the broadcaster failed to correct the record despite its public service remit.

Last month. asked the BBC why they had wrongly suggested the Smith sighting had been withdrawn and if they were willing to correct their error at this late stage.

I received a reply acknowledging that they had indeed broadcast an inaccuracy. They agreed to update the ‘Panorama’ programme on their iPlayer to reflect the correction. They say the mistake was made in good faith but they have failed to explain how they came to make such a fundamental error and why they did not check if their story about the Smiths was correct before they aired the programme.

Former Scotland Yard murder detective Colin Sutton is one of a number of experienced officers who believe the Smith sighting is one the most important pieces of evidence available to the investigation.
https://gemmaodoherty.com/investigations/madeline-mccann/madeline-mccann-did-the-bbc-bend-the-truth/

Depends what he means by... Stands by everthing he said..
What he said was that based on the way the man held the child he was 60 to 80 % sure it was Gerry...

He may well stand by the fact he made that statement... In good faith... Doesn't mean he still believes the man he saw was Gerry... In fact as he has been so supportive of the McCann's I'm sure he doesnt

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2019, 10:36:49 AM »
Did the BBC bend the truth?
Gemma O’Doherty

A reward of €20,000 was Offered to anyone who could assist with the investigation. But then the Story of the Smith sighting took another bizarre twist as allegations emerged in the media that the family had retracted their statements. The public were being told that this potentially critical development was just another red herring.

The BBC even went as far as to make this claim. In a 'Panorama' programme broadcast in May to mark the tenth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, presenter Richard Bilton told viewers that the Smiths had changed their mind about seeing Gerry McCann and now believed they had seen someone else.

In recent weeks, I have spoken to Martin Smith at his home in Drogheda. He told me he continues to stand by everything he said to police in 2007. At no point did he withdraw his statement or change his mind about the sighting.

He is frustrated by media claims that he now says he was mistaken; and remains "60-80 per cent" convinced that the man he saw that night was Gerry McCann.

After the BBC programme was broadcast, Martin contacted ‘Panorama’ and informed them of their inaccuracy. But the broadcaster failed to correct the record despite its public service remit.

Last month. asked the BBC why they had wrongly suggested the Smith sighting had been withdrawn and if they were willing to correct their error at this late stage.

I received a reply acknowledging that they had indeed broadcast an inaccuracy. They agreed to update the ‘Panorama’ programme on their iPlayer to reflect the correction. They say the mistake was made in good faith but they have failed to explain how they came to make such a fundamental error and why they did not check if their story about the Smiths was correct before they aired the programme.

Former Scotland Yard murder detective Colin Sutton is one of a number of experienced officers who believe the Smith sighting is one the most important pieces of evidence available to the investigation.
https://gemmaodoherty.com/investigations/madeline-mccann/madeline-mccann-did-the-bbc-bend-the-truth/

I wonder why Redwood opened the can of worms that was the Smith sighting? He must have known Smith's opinion of who it was.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2019, 10:42:32 AM »
Everything depends on something Davel. The entire abduction narrative depends on the bedroom door slamming, and Kate seeing the curtain go whoooooosh, imo.

Based on all the evidence I see no reason to doubt Kate

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2019, 10:43:04 AM »
I hope you are OK Eleanor x

Thank You, G.  Yes, I am fine.  Sometimes I find it hard and sometimes I find it more easy to deal with.  Phases of The Moon I suspect.  I am a Lunar Person.

I don't really like being in charge, but someone has to do it.  And I am inordinately fond of this Forum.  It is the only decent one left.  And Oh My God, I have seen a few.

So please all help me, all of you.  It isn't that difficult to cut the snide remarks, which only ever detract from what are mostly perfectly acceptable comments, even if I don't personally agree with some of them.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2019, 10:44:38 AM »
Depends what he means by... Stands by everthing he said..
What he said was that based on the way the man held the child he was 60 to 80 % sure it was Gerry...

He may well stand by the fact he made that statement... In good faith... Doesn't mean he still believes the man he saw was Gerry... In fact as he has been so supportive of the McCann's I'm sure he doesnt

There never was any evidence that Smith had changed his mind; someone made that up in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.