Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239404 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #810 on: April 11, 2019, 10:13:44 PM »
I may be wrong here but I don’t believe Robbitybob is a Muslim worshipper.
I would rate your post as crass, and that is being generous.

Christchurch has suffered in recent times from a major earthquake and a massive shooting.

Although neither American or Australian, we have one of both under our roof at the moment.

&%%6  And I thought I had no empathy.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #811 on: April 11, 2019, 10:22:44 PM »
"Senior Portuguese police are sitting in on the interviews but are not allowed to question anyone themselves. Over the next three days, they will interview all of the so-called Tapas Seven." 
So these events happened at the time of the rogatory interviews.

That article shows there were a lot of unresolved issues to be defined before the Tapas 9 would agree to a revisit to Portugal.  I don't think these issues were ever resolved.

Rebelo did his best but it was never going to happen imo.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RE_ENACTMENT.htm

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #812 on: April 11, 2019, 10:37:34 PM »
I have to say you puzzle me. I don't care what you believe or assume about the McCanns, their friends or the police.You can think what you like.

On the other hand you seem interested in learning and understanding why other people think what they think. When they tell you, however, you just reject their views out of hand. 

I get the impression that you're convinced that you're right and that anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong. I find that somewhat arrogant to be honest.

Goodness me!
What a personal and inappropriate response!
I believe I did ask you what the McCanns hoped to achieve from their request to have the investigation reopened ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 10:40:42 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #813 on: April 11, 2019, 10:43:17 PM »
I would rate your post as crass, and that is being generous.

Christchurch has suffered in recent times from a major earthquake and a massive shooting.

Although neither American or Australian, we have one of both under our roof at the moment.

&%%6  And I thought I had no empathy.
As the gunman struck some weeks ago, targeting Muslim worshippers at a mosque, your concern for Robbity’s safety seemed somewhat unecessary, though well meant I’m sure.   I have visited NZ and have many relatives there but did not feel the need to enquire after their safety after the event - they would have thought me mad to do so in the circumstances.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #814 on: April 12, 2019, 12:48:03 AM »
July 2015

The remaining line of inquiry is centred around a letter asking for assistance sent from UK investigators to the Portuguese Public Prosecution Service in July 2015.

The statement from the Attorney General's office said confirmed they had received the letter in July, and said the request will be sent to the Criminal Investigation Police (PJ) for them to look in to.

The spokeswoman would not comment on the nature of the request.

October 2015

Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four

April 2016

Madeleine McCann case: One line of inquiry remains

Police are following one remaining line of inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Scotland Yard boss Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe has said.

February 2017

In the 76-page ruling on the case – made public – they also said the archiving in 2008 of the criminal case into Madeline’s ­disappearance does not prove the McCanns are innocent.

They wrote: “It should not be said that the appellants were cleared via the ruling announcing the archiving of the criminal case.”
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #815 on: April 12, 2019, 09:25:59 PM »
July 2015

The remaining line of inquiry is centred around a letter asking for assistance sent from UK investigators to the Portuguese Public Prosecution Service in July 2015.

The statement from the Attorney General's office said confirmed they had received the letter in July, and said the request will be sent to the Criminal Investigation Police (PJ) for them to look in to.

The spokeswoman would not comment on the nature of the request.

October 2015

Madeleine McCann case: Police team cut to four

April 2016

Madeleine McCann case: One line of inquiry remains

Police are following one remaining line of inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, Scotland Yard boss Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe has said.

February 2017

In the 76-page ruling on the case – made public – they also said the archiving in 2008 of the criminal case into Madeline’s ­disappearance does not prove the McCanns are innocent.

They wrote: “It should not be said that the appellants were cleared via the ruling announcing the archiving of the criminal case.”

Both Police forces have said the McCanns are not suspects.

(Davel isn't here, just filling in for him)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:21:19 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #816 on: April 12, 2019, 09:43:33 PM »
Both Police forces have said the McCanns are not suspects.

(Davel isn't here, just filling in for him)

Tis true.
They are not!!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #817 on: April 12, 2019, 10:14:07 PM »
Tis true.
They are not!!

But then because of judicial secrecy we wouldn’t know if they were.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #818 on: April 12, 2019, 10:47:42 PM »
But then because of judicial secrecy we wouldn’t know if they were.
Judicial secrecy didn’t stop us knowing about the last lot of suspects, why would it be any different with the McCanns?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #819 on: April 13, 2019, 08:56:09 AM »
  ... and it is sentiments like that which epitomise sceptic opinion. 
That has to be fuelled from somewhere and I suggest it is the beliefs spouted unashamedly and uncritically on social media.

Could you expand- on the above post please B

Exactly what you are suggesting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #820 on: April 13, 2019, 09:12:43 AM »
Judicial secrecy didn’t stop us knowing about the last lot of suspects, why would it be any different with the McCanns?

Why would the McCanns not be suspects, while burglar bill & Bobby Murat were???

Evidence, I'd imagine. There must be some definite evidence which rules the McCanns out.

I wonder what it is.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #821 on: April 13, 2019, 09:28:14 AM »

Could you expand- on the above post please B

Exactly what you are suggesting.

Please read back over your previous posts and give some thought to the thread title 'Sceptics beliefs?' in relation to them before deflecting.

I often find it useful to look in before I look out when wondering.  I can recommend it to you particularly as the thread is for discussion of opinions such as those expressed in your posts.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #822 on: April 13, 2019, 09:55:10 AM »
Goodness me!
What a personal and inappropriate response!
I believe I did ask you what the McCanns hoped to achieve from their request to have the investigation reopened ?

Oh dear. I didn't intend to be personal or inappropriate. Please explain why you think that I was.
I can't tell you what the McCanns hoped to achieve because all I have to go on is what they said. I could, like some, believe eerything they say, but my scepticism makes that difficult for me. By definition sceptics don't believe, you see, they doubt.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline kizzy

« Reply #823 on: April 13, 2019, 10:00:21 AM »
Please read back over your previous posts and give some thought to the thread title 'Sceptics beliefs?' in relation to them before deflecting.

I often find it useful to look in before I look out when wondering.  I can recommend it to you particularly as the thread is for discussion of opinions such as those expressed in your posts.

Unfortunately still can't grasp - what your point is B

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #824 on: April 13, 2019, 10:03:18 AM »
Oh dear. I didn't intend to be personal or inappropriate. Please explain why you think that I was.
I can't tell you what the McCanns hoped to achieve because all I have to go on is what they said. I could, like some, believe eerything they say, but my scepticism makes that difficult for me. By definition sceptics don't believe, you see, they doubt.

Thank God I was born an optimist.  But just the luck of the draw.