Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239438 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #930 on: April 13, 2019, 07:20:36 PM »
Indeed I should not be trusted.... to do as I am comanded  8(0(*

Spammers isn't... is it?   can't be  I don't believe it!  Well I never.. whood  da thunk it

You are simply entertainment value these days.  And not too much of that.

Offline The General

« Reply #931 on: April 13, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »

Could one sceptic give a plausible reason why Madeleine's parents conducted a campaign to have the case reopened if as you believe they are complicit.
Please find below list of hypothetical reasons as a response to the hypothetical scenario posited:

Balls of steel.
Obfuscation (red herring, to use the vernacular).
Safe in the knowledge that without a body a conviction would be almost impossible.
Crank up waning public support.
Misplaced hubris.
PR strategist suggestion.
Have to be seen to be still looking.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #932 on: April 13, 2019, 07:27:41 PM »

Got it all so wrong, haven't you?
It's not about Sceptics beliefs,  those have been expressed ad nauseum.
The thread is about  why and how sceptics sustain those belief s over so many years of not even the slightest suggestion the the McCanns are complicit in Madeleine's disappearance by the two lengthy police investigations.
Could one sceptic give a plausible reason why Madeleine's parents conducted a campaign to have the case reopened if as you believe they are complicit.

They didn't campaign to have the case reopened.
They campaigned for a review. There's a slight difference.
As I said the other day, they could have kept the original 'investigation' ongoing, had they demonstrated their innocence, but they didn't do that, because they couldn't.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #933 on: April 13, 2019, 07:27:58 PM »

Got it all so wrong, haven't you?
It's not about Sceptics beliefs,  those have been expressed ad nauseum.
The thread is about  why and how sceptics sustain those belief s over so many years of not even the slightest suggestion the the McCanns are complicit in Madeleine's disappearance by the two lengthy police investigations.

'
No, the Thread title quite clearly says   Sceptics beliefs ?'
Your lack of comprehension explains much.

I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #934 on: April 13, 2019, 07:30:26 PM »
Please find below list of hypothetical reasons as a response to the hypothetical scenario posited:

Balls of steel.
Obfuscation (red herring, to use the vernacular).
Safe in the knowledge that without a body a conviction would be almost impossible.
Crank up waning public support.
Misplaced hubris.
PR strategist suggestion.
Have to be seen to be still looking.

He who rides the tiger is afraid to dismount.

Offline Admin

« Reply #935 on: April 13, 2019, 09:03:33 PM »
Our moderators do an incredible job every day so a little word to any poster who feels that they are entitled to push the limits... DON'T!!

PS.  This is not up for debate.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 10:01:37 PM by Admin »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #936 on: April 13, 2019, 09:34:43 PM »

Yes!  Yes!  Yes!   8@??)( 8@??)(
I’ll have what she’s having.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #937 on: April 13, 2019, 09:44:48 PM »
They didn't campaign to have the case reopened.
They campaigned for a review. There's a slight difference.
As I said the other day, they could have kept the original 'investigation' ongoing, had they demonstrated their innocence, but they didn't do that, because they couldn't.
Have you ever heard of a criminal begging for a police review of his or her own crimes?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 01:59:57 AM by Robittybob1 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #938 on: April 13, 2019, 09:50:54 PM »
Have you ever heard of a criminal beggimg for a police review of his or her own crimes?
Only most of them. Prison is full of 'innocent' people.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #939 on: April 13, 2019, 09:52:38 PM »
Have you ever heard of a criminal beggimg for a police review of his or her own crimes?

Jeremy Bamber for one.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #940 on: April 13, 2019, 09:53:06 PM »
Only most of them. Prison is full of 'innocent' people.
OK I phrased that incorrectly. Have you ever heard of any non convicted criminals begging for a police review into their alleged crimes?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #941 on: April 13, 2019, 09:54:09 PM »
Jeremy Bamber for one.
He’s got nothing to lose has he?  He’s in prison for life with no chance of being released.  The McCanns were free as birds with no one actively investigating them, please explain.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #942 on: April 13, 2019, 09:55:12 PM »
OK I phrased that incorrectly. Have you ever heard of any non convicted criminals begging for a police review into their alleged crimes?

Go on you are dying to tell us... Who?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #943 on: April 13, 2019, 09:56:35 PM »
He’s got nothing to lose has he?  He’s in prison for life with no chance of being released.  The McCanns were free as birds with no one actively investigating them, please explain.

You asked for an example. I presented one. Not my fault you worded the question incorrectly.

Offline The General

« Reply #944 on: April 13, 2019, 09:57:06 PM »
Can't say I have. I do admit that there would be an element of turkeys voting for Christmas.