Author Topic: Is The Tory Party Institutionally Racist....  (Read 60389 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is The Tory Party Institutionally Racist....
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2020, 05:03:48 PM »
you have completely moved the goalposts of your argument (not surprise there).  You asked if I would be fearful of someone with a north Irish accent.  Please explain why being in close proximity to someone with a North Irish accent should cause me to be concerned for my immediate safety in the way that standing next to a mullah with a rucksack and a Koran might?  I predict You will not be able to answer this question and will instead flim-flam and deflect.  Also, fyi I do not taint all Muslims as terrorists as you seem to be implying.

ETA: What Portuguese stereotypes have I referred to?

Quoting the example of a perfectly respectable Muslim man going about his daily business as being someone who would somehow give you  ‘cause for concern for your immediate safety’ is painting all Muslims as potential terrorists whether you can see it or not.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2020, 05:26:52 PM »
Quoting the example of a perfectly respectable Muslim man going about his daily business as being someone who would somehow give you  ‘cause for concern for your immediate safety’ is painting all Muslims as potential terrorists whether you can see it or not.
Firstly no it's not as not all Muslims are devout, Koran carrying, robe wearing mullahs, and secondly, you don't know a thing about his respectability or otherwise.  He could have been a lovely decent chap or he could have been planning to hook-up with 42 virgins in the afterlife.  We will never know. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2020, 05:58:40 PM »
Firstly no it's not as not all Muslims are devout, Koran carrying, robe wearing mullahs, and secondly, you don't know a thing about his respectability or otherwise.  He could have been a lovely decent chap or he could have been planning to hook-up with 42 virgins in the afterlife.  We will never know.

So it’s the devout Muslims you’re worried about is it ? What do you think should happen ? Perhaps they should read the Koran in the privacy of their own home....you know, just to make you feel less apprehensive.....or, thinking outside the box, perhaps you should stop indulging in lazy, racist stereotypes....I’m sure that would make your mind a little easier ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2020, 06:10:13 PM »
So it’s the devout Muslims you’re worried about is it ? What do you think should happen ? Perhaps they should read the Koran in the privacy of their own home....you know, just to make you feel less apprehensive.....or, thinking outside the box, perhaps you should stop indulging in lazy, racist stereotypes....I’m sure that would make your mind a little easier ?
Can you dial down your hysterical ranting for one moment?  How about going back to the very first post I made on the subject and re-read what I wrote.  It was a very reasonable post.  I did not for one moment suggest that he shouldn’t have been on the train, nor that he shouldn’t have been reading the Koran.  I acknowledge that the problem was mine, not his, I was apprehensive in his presence, for IMO understandable reasons.  I made no attempt to express my apprehension, nor to make him feel in any way intimidated or uncomfortable.  You are completely intolerant of my point of view and incapable of seeing the situation from my point of view, why am I not surprised?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2020, 06:18:08 PM »
Can you dial down your hysterical ranting for one moment?  How about going back to the very first post I made on the subject and re-read what I wrote.  It was a very reasonable post.  I did not for one moment suggest that he shouldn’t have been on the train, nor that he shouldn’t have been reading the Koran.  I acknowledge that the problem was mine, not his, I was apprehensive in his presence, for IMO understandable reasons.  I made no attempt to express my apprehension, nor to make him feel in any way intimidated or uncomfortable.  You are completely intolerant of my point of view and incapable of seeing the situation from my point of view, why am I not surprised?

I agree, the problem was most definitely yours and yes I am intolerant of the stereotyping of individuals because of their race or religion.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2020, 06:19:23 PM »
“ I am British Asian. I was born here in London and I love the place. I have been travelling on the Northern Line to work every morning for the past 8 years without incident. After the recent bombings, I've noticed that I've been getting persistent looks and sneers on the underground. I also get the bus in the evenings to London Bridge and usually sit upstairs. There have been times when no one has sat next to me on a crowded bus. I don't look threatening in the slightest. I do have a beard although I'm not Muslim. Peoples reactions are understandable but they need to understand that I'm as terrified of being bombed as they are. I have a blog at www.bozoduck.blogspot.com
Bijal Shah, London, UK”

Thank you for your understanding Bijal, it’s more than Faithlilly possesses!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2020, 06:21:36 PM »
I agree, the problem was most definitely yours and yes I am intolerant of the stereotyping of individuals because of their race or religion.
You are IMO in complete denial or lying if you are claiming that you don’t do this yourself.  Everyone does it.  It’s human nature.  You probably stereotype Tory toffs.  Be honest for once. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2020, 06:23:52 PM »
“. It is almost impossible not to look around you as get onto a train these days. I know I have done it and sat there worried. The only worry you have is what you'd do if you think someone does look suspicious. You won't want to challenge them but you won't want to move away for fear of inciting panic and insulting to the person who will almost certainly turn out to be innocent of nothing more than going to work with their gym kit.”
Mat Fletcher, Stevenage

Yes Mat, you’re quite right, but then you’re just being a normal, honest person, not claiming to be holier-than-thou like some people.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2020, 06:25:57 PM »
“I love living in London and one of the things I enjoy the most is the International City aspect. I travel on the Northern Line to work everyday and the mood has changed for the worse. I really feel sorry for my fellow commuters that people would regard as of Muslim appearance. But I think considering the loss of life so far it is totally understandable the people are a lot more aware of the people around them”.
craig, London, ex-New Zealand

Yup Craig, it is totally understandable. 

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2020, 06:39:28 PM »
“ I am British Asian. I was born here in London and I love the place. I have been travelling on the Northern Line to work every morning for the past 8 years without incident. After the recent bombings, I've noticed that I've been getting persistent looks and sneers on the underground. I also get the bus in the evenings to London Bridge and usually sit upstairs. There have been times when no one has sat next to me on a crowded bus. I don't look threatening in the slightest. I do have a beard although I'm not Muslim. Peoples reactions are understandable but they need to understand that I'm as terrified of being bombed as they are. I have a blog at www.bozoduck.blogspot.com
Bijal Shah, London, UK”

Thank you for your understanding Bijal, it’s more than Faithlilly possesses!

You feel justified by Bijal’s comment....I simply feel ashamed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2020, 06:43:59 PM »
You feel justified by Bijal’s comment....I simply feel ashamed.
Bless you, why should you feel ashamed?  You are a prefect specimen of tolerance and entirely racist-free.  You are untainted as I and many others are by perfectly normal human fears and foibles.  Rejoice for you are the superior being.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2020, 06:47:21 PM »
You are IMO in complete denial or lying if you are claiming that you don’t do this yourself.  Everyone does it.  It’s human nature.  You probably stereotype Tory toffs.  Be honest for once.

You really can’t see beyond your own lazy racism, can you ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2020, 06:50:40 PM »
Bless you, why should you feel ashamed?  You are a prefect specimen of tolerance and entirely racist-free.  You are untainted as I and many others are by perfectly normal human fears and foibles.  Rejoice for you are the superior being.

Cheers.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »
You really can’t see beyond your own lazy racism, can you ?
Unlike you, I am very clear sighted, honest and candid with my opinions.  I acknowledge that I am not perfect and that one shouldn’t judge by appearances but that one can’t help doing so because it is part of the human condition.  The best I can offer is kindness and to treat people fairly and without prejudice in my day to day dealings with them.  If that makes me a lazy racist in your eyes, then fine, at least I’m not a sanctimonious, self-deluding prig.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2020, 07:15:15 PM »
Unlike you, I am very clear sighted, honest and candid with my opinions.  I acknowledge that I am not perfect and that one shouldn’t judge by appearances but that one can’t help doing so because it is part of the human condition.  The best I can offer is kindness and to treat people fairly and without prejudice in my day to day dealings with them.  If that makes me a lazy racist in your eyes, then fine, at least I’m not a sanctimonious, self-deluding prig.

Funny that’s exactly how you come across.