Author Topic: Is The Tory Party Institutionally Racist....  (Read 60907 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is The Tory Party Institutionally Racist....
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2020, 06:17:58 PM »
Faith, you are coming across as being intolerant of other peoples views, and accusing those who don't share it as having to suffer fools, is what people expect from left wing luvvies.  It is worth noting that among those 'poor and vulnerable' people whom you care about they are racists and Nazis in that mix  do you want to 'save' them too?

I read your posts as someone who cannot see beyond their own view point.

I would argue that the Tory party is NOT awash with Islamophobic, racists, Nazis, there may be some who have an opinion about certain people. That is their business,until it spills over to laws of segregation.

The labour party have always raised taxes for the 'working man' they did nothing about the ofshore accounts of which many labour MPs and families made good from and what have the kinnocks done -apart from slurp from that EU gravy train.

Poverty is not a Tory problem it is a social problem!

My, my MTI you accuse me of calling people names by....mmmm....calling me names.

The rest is just your usual stream of consciousness, containing all the usual suspects.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2020, 06:33:10 PM »
My, my MTI you accuse me of calling people names by....mmmm....calling me names.

The rest is just your usual stream of consciousness, containing all the usual suspects.

What names did I call you?

I may have hit a nerve as you didn't seem to want to reply to my claim:
"The labour party have always raised taxes for the 'working man' they did nothing about the ofshore accounts of which many labour MPs and families made good from and what have the kinnocks done -apart from slurp from that EU gravy train.

Poverty is not a Tory problem it is a social problem! "

ofcourse it can't be challenged because it is true.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »
What names did I call you?

I may have hit a nerve as you didn't seem to want to reply to my claim:
"The labour party have always raised taxes for the 'working man' they did nothing about the ofshore accounts of which many labour MPs and families made good from and what have the kinnocks done -apart from slurp from that EU gravy train.

Poverty is not a Tory problem it is a social problem! "

ofcourse it can't be challenged because it is true.

You make statements that you proffer no evidence for....that’s why I haven’t challenged your statements.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2020, 08:51:45 PM »
You make statements that you proffer no evidence for....that’s why I haven’t challenged your statements.

You never mentioned the name I called you?

The tax increases were quite a hike according to my parents in 90's under bliar. The argument was pretencious as the calimmwas tax goes up when earnings go up -however if earnings don't up then you are goosed. My parents also said they added tax to insurance, holidays,gas,electric and many other services so it wasn't income tax! Sly Bstrds

https://www.ifs.org.uk/budgets/gb2005/05chap6.pdf

Hypocrisy is here- just one to name many

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-chief-given-pound15m-shares-from-tax-haven-ghpz37wn2kp

AND well hidden for many...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/28/tony-blair-sought-eu-funding-trying-stop-brexit/
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/dec/17/mystery-tony-blairs-money-solved

Is the labour party really out to help the poor and vulnerable? OR to help themselves and their families?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/campaign-highlights-kinnocks-10m-eu-2100178

Food bank anyone?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2020, 09:23:44 PM »

You never mentioned the name I called you?

The tax increases were quite a hike according to my parents in 90's under bliar. The argument was pretencious as the calimmwas tax goes up when earnings go up -however if earnings don't up then you are goosed. My parents also said they added tax to insurance, holidays,gas,electric and many other services so it wasn't income tax! Sly Bstrds

https://www.ifs.org.uk/budgets/gb2005/05chap6.pdf

Hypocrisy is here- just one to name many

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-chief-given-pound15m-shares-from-tax-haven-ghpz37wn2kp

AND well hidden for many...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/28/tony-blair-sought-eu-funding-trying-stop-brexit/
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/dec/17/mystery-tony-blairs-money-solved

Is the labour party really out to help the poor and vulnerable? OR to help themselves and their families?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/campaign-highlights-kinnocks-10m-eu-2100178

Food bank anyone?

Anything more relevant....say from the last 5 years ?

« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2020, 10:28:20 PM »
Anything more relevant....say from the last 5 years ?

Probably and on both sides of the house, but 1. I can't be bothered to look them up and 2. it shows up the labour party as greedy b@strds much the same as Tory ones. but I can be independent and see wrong on both sides.
others only see one side and hate on the other. as far as I am concerned that is pointless.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2020, 11:31:13 PM »

Probably and on both sides of the house, but 1. I can't be bothered to look them up and 2. it shows up the labour party as greedy b@strds much the same as Tory ones. but I can be independent and see wrong on both sides.
others only see one side and hate on the other. as far as I am concerned that is pointless.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/06/jeremy-corbyn-labour-will-chase-down-tax-dodgers

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2020, 12:02:54 PM »
The damning Windrush scandal review has been buried under the coronavirus crisis for a reason
The report tells the tragic story of what happens when the state stops listening. We cannot let the government conceal this, writes Satbir Singh

UNPACKING OUR BORDER OBSESSION

Friday 20 March 2020 15:16

EPA
Experts and facts really matter. And, if the crisis currently gripping the nation has taught us anything, it’s that government works better for all of us when politicians listen to facts and reason, even (or perhaps especially) when the facts don’t tell a story the powerful want to hear. But yesterday’s damning report of the Windrush Lessons Learned review, commissioned in the wake of the Windrush Scandal, lays bare the reality of a Home Office that’s hostile not only to migrants but to anybody who disagrees with it. If we’re to avoid another tragedy, this has to change.

For decades, governments of all colours have been warned that the political scapegoating and demonising of migrants and minorities and the use of ever-more hostile legislation to restrict our rights and freedoms would inevitably lead to tragedy. Communities, academics, journalists, campaigners – even judges and civil servants – have produced reams of evidence, sat on committees and met with MPs and ministers to beg for even a moment’s consideration for the mothers and fathers, friends and communities whose lives are shattered every time the despatch box is used to announce a new set of "measures" designed to punish us for political gain.

The compensation scheme traps Windrush victims in a cycle of debt

The Windrush scandal was no mistake – it was a failure on every level

Home Office showed ‘institutional ignorance towards race’

Windrush draft 'branding Home Office racist was watered down'

The proof that ministers haven’t learnt the lessons from Windrush

From the 1971 Immigration Act, introduced with the explicit goal of curtailing the rights of "coloured people", to the passage of David Cameron and Theresa May’s twisted "hostile environment" laws in 2012 and 2014, there has been no shortage of effort from concerned groups and experts to try to work with government to do and be better. But our pleas and our offers have invariably fallen on deaf ears. Home secretaries and prime ministers have come and gone, but in the dark recesses of Whitehall and Tufton Street, the goal has always been the same: if you run the NHS into ruin or fail to build enough houses, you can always blame the migrants for everything, announce ever-more punitive laws and hope that a big enough wedge of focus-grouped marginal voters will hear the dog-whistles and join your witch-hunt.

This routine seemed so well-rehearsed by 2012 that, even in the face of strong opposition from other cabinet ministers, and stark warnings of the effects they would have on long-resident Commonwealth nationals, the Cameron-May government felt confident enough in the political calculus to push ahead with draconian laws conscripting landlords, doctors, nurses and teachers as the all-seeing eyes of their hostile environment.

Allegations briefly swirled about a minister being sacked over his position on the now-infamous "Go Home" vans sent to neighbourhoods like mine. And Cameron is reported to have stormed out of a meeting with then communities secretary, Eric Pickles, after a disagreement over the Right to Rent scheme. As the High Court heard in 2018, the government ignored evidence that the scheme forces landlords to discriminate against minorities (for fear of going to jail or getting fined) and continues to spend tens of thousands of pounds on legal costs to defend a policy the Court described as “beyond repair”.

Read any Home Office response to the reports of the independent chief inspector or the Home Affairs Select Committee and you will find most findings ignored or dismissed altogether. And note the growing frequency with which government outriders seek to delegitimise civil society groups who oppose Home Office diktat. Imagine a business secretary who refused to talk to businesses. Or an education secretary who thought headteachers were the "enemy". We should all be alarmed that the Windrush Review finds at the heart of the Home Office a culture of “defensiveness, lack of awareness and an unwillingness to listen and learn from mistakes”, deflecting criticism instead of improving over time.

And, given these findings, it should come as little surprise that in 2017 when stories began to emerge of long-resident Britons being detained and deported, denied life-saving treatment and forced to prove their Britishness, the official government response was that these were isolated incidents, rather than the inevitable outcome of political and institutional rot, despite internal memos confirming that staff were aware of a serious problem within the Home Office.

As late as March 2018, I found myself face-to-face with ministers who insisted that Home Office policy was not to blame for elderly black Britons being denied cancer care and left to die. And in the days after we were forced to upstage the Commonwealth Summit in London in order to get the government’s attention, I left a meeting at No 10 aghast, having been asked by the prime minister’s staff to “issue a supportive statement” to “help fix public confidence in the Home Office” after a meeting with officials who still believed that death, detention and deportations were fundamentally a PR issue to be swept aside rather than a political or policy problem to be solved.

Home Office showed 'institutional ignorance and thoughtlessness' towards race Windrush report finds
Two home secretaries later, little has changed. Most of the victims of the Windrush injustices are yet to receive compensation for their losses. Many are still chasing paperwork and secure status. And the ministerial insistence on hostility to migrants and critics deepens, with Priti Patel, the home secretary, alleged to have forced senior staff to work until they collapsed in order to push ahead with a controversial charter flight deportation to Jamaica, sending men who had lived their whole lives here to a country they barely know. They can apologise all they like, but ministers know that nothing will change until they listen to critical voices both outside and inside the Home Office.

As odd as it may sound, there are some important parallels between the findings of the Windrush Review and the pandemic we are currently staring down. It’s important to listen to experts, including those who disagree with you. It’s important to remember the human beings your decisions affect. And it’s important to be accountable. If the only feedback loop in the system is crisis, the system needs to be rebuilt.

After months of waiting for this report, many will question the government’s decision to publish it at a time when the nation is understandably distracted. But the need for root-and-branch reform of the way the Home Office works, the way it engages with those who disagree, and the way we think about immigration policy in this country will not go away. And, whether or not they succeed in burying this damning report under the Covid-19 crisis, building a Home Office that’s fit-for-purpose is not something the government can wash its hands of.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/windrush-review-coronavirus-home-office-priti-patel-racism-a9413796.html

The comments are interesting.

« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2020, 02:29:03 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/06/jeremy-corbyn-labour-will-chase-down-tax-dodgers

Hahahaha  and he could start with his own party then- no wonder they didn't like him!

this person is not the only one with an opinion- sanctimonious comes to mind.
 Perhaps he/she would like to explain WHY the majority should pander to the many minorities. I mean these is a reason  right?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #264 on: April 09, 2020, 04:38:43 PM »
Hahahaha  and he could start with his own party then- no wonder they didn't like him!

this person is not the only one with an opinion- sanctimonious comes to mind.
 Perhaps he/she would like to explain WHY the majority should pander to the many minorities. I mean these is a reason  right?

I think it’s called humanity.

« Reply #265 on: April 09, 2020, 05:06:31 PM »
I think it’s called humanity.

Nice terminology. However, when humanity is used to steal from one person to give to another then it's not so nice.

No body owes you or me a living,  AND we don't owe anyone else  anything.

Paying money to businesses  (civil service/governments/public bodies) is vastly wasted on projects which don't matter to those who pay in. They are unaccountable. Hardly humanity.

Helping people who are in need and are deserving of help by the better off IS  and should be a voluntary thing.

I don't see many screeching celebrities running to pick up the boat people arriving as we suffer a pandemic and are struggling to house them in their spare rooms-and go shopping for them. Humanity  banded about to make people feel guilty about things they need not feel guilty about.

Humanity-  dropping bombs on innocent men women and children- labour party= blood on their hands!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #266 on: April 09, 2020, 05:23:55 PM »
Nice terminology. However, when humanity is used to steal from one person to give to another then it's not so nice.

No body owes you or me a living,  AND we don't owe anyone else  anything.

Paying money to businesses  (civil service/governments/public bodies) is vastly wasted on projects which don't matter to those who pay in. They are unaccountable. Hardly humanity.

Helping people who are in need and are deserving of help by the better off IS  and should be a voluntary thing.

I don't see many screeching celebrities running to pick up the boat people arriving as we suffer a pandemic and are struggling to house them in their spare rooms-and go shopping for them. Humanity  banded about to make people feel guilty about things they need not feel guilty about.

Humanity-  dropping bombs on innocent men women and children- labour party= blood on their hands!

Firstly can I assume that your not going to be volunteering to help anyone anytime soon ?

Secondly I hear nothing from you about the bombs dropped on Libya or the selling of arms to Saudi Arabia so they can wage war on Yemen. Do you condemn those acts too ?

Thirdly Corbyn campaigned against every war in recent history.

« Reply #267 on: April 09, 2020, 06:16:59 PM »
Firstly can I assume that your not going to be volunteering to help anyone anytime soon ?

Secondly I hear nothing from you about the bombs dropped on Libya or the selling of arms to Saudi Arabia so they can wage war on Yemen. Do you condemn those acts too ?

Thirdly Corbyn campaigned against every war in recent history.

" Firstly can I assume that your not going to be volunteering to help anyone anytime soon ?"
 I will not be helping boat people NO.  giving to large corporate global charities NO. Involved with other  local project YES absolutely!

"Secondly I hear nothing from you about the bombs dropped on Libya or the selling of arms to Saudi Arabia so they can wage war on Yemen. Do you condemn those acts too ? "

Ask Tony about Saudi money...

I most certainly do condemn the UK government of each persuasion pandering to the Saudi war mongers- who are behind the Muslim uprising with their version/interpretation of the Koran.

"Thirdly Corbyn campaigned against every war in recent history. "

I know this and commend him for it, I wholeheartedly supported him on some issues and I don't think he is [ censored word]emitic either.

As I keep saying. I have no badge to flash, or other humans to fall on  my knees to...

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #268 on: April 09, 2020, 07:02:10 PM »

" Firstly can I assume that your not going to be volunteering to help anyone anytime soon ?"
 I will not be helping boat people NO.  giving to large corporate global charities NO. Involved with other  local project YES absolutely!

"Secondly I hear nothing from you about the bombs dropped on Libya or the selling of arms to Saudi Arabia so they can wage war on Yemen. Do you condemn those acts too ? "

Ask Tony about Saudi money...

I most certainly do condemn the UK government of each persuasion pandering to the Saudi war mongers- who are behind the Muslim uprising with their version/interpretation of the Koran.

"Thirdly Corbyn campaigned against every war in recent history. "

I know this and commend him for it, I wholeheartedly supported him on some issues and I don't think he is [ censored word]emitic either.

As I keep saying. I have no badge to flash, or other humans to fall on  my knees to...

And what if ‘boat people’ are among the beneficiaries of local charity projects ?

« Reply #269 on: April 09, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »
And what if ‘boat people’ are among the beneficiaries of local charity projects ?

They are not. We have a mixed close community in our village. We help each other and our extended families.

We also raise money for assistance to those we see in out local area. Recently - fully furnished and redecorated a home for a woman and three children placed outside our village who fled domestic abuse. She and her children lived in a B & B  for 10 months! Boat people - all males  put up in hotels-food provided and mobile phones to call home. All now claiming asylum all costing millions in housing/food and legal aid.

No  'charity' for illegal immigrant people sorry, I will let you chose your preference to assist. We chose the abused woman and her children who were born here (not white).  She is now settled - got back to work and children at,local school.. There was a bit of a fight for the school place due to the demand by people not born here.

That is the crux of the matter Faith. Only so many houses /school places there are bound to be losers so who should chose who loses?