Author Topic: Is The Tory Party Institutionally Racist....  (Read 61569 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Is The Tory Party Institutionally Racist....
« Reply #375 on: May 17, 2020, 02:29:15 PM »

Is any Party inherently Racist?  There is a difference between Inherently and Institutionally Racist.  It could depend on whose side you are on.

I didn't see the difference when I was 15 years old.  We were all just people to me.  It was the likes of Diane Abbott who ultimately brought this to the fore.

I then spent some years in Singapore where most of my neighbours were coloured and just as well able as I was.  I don't understand what went wrong.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #376 on: May 17, 2020, 02:53:04 PM »
Is any Party inherently Racist?  There is a difference between Inherently and Institutionally Racist.  It could depend on whose side you are on.

I didn't see the difference when I was 15 years old.  We were all just people to me.  It was the likes of Diane Abbott who ultimately brought this to the fore.

I then spent some years in Singapore where most of my neighbours were coloured and just as well able as I was.  I don't understand what went wrong.

Diane Abbott brought this to the fore ? So in the thousands of years before Diane Abbott are you saying that there was no racism ? What about the civil rights movement in America or apartheid in South Africa ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #377 on: May 17, 2020, 03:41:30 PM »
Diane Abbott brought this to the fore ? So in the thousands of years before Diane Abbott are you saying that there was no racism ? What about the civil rights movement in America or apartheid in South Africa ?

No.  I am saying that there was No Racism for Me.  I don't know what else was going on.

Were The Beors wrong?  Did they have any rights to Africa?  After all at the time they worked the land and made it fertile.  Was this worth nothing?

I simply don't know.  And don't really care.  But what a horrible mess Africa now is.  Despot all over the place and who will be the next one.

You might have a better idea.  But I somewhat doubt it.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #378 on: May 17, 2020, 05:13:30 PM »
No.  I am saying that there was No Racism for Me.  I don't know what else was going on.

Were The Beors wrong?  Did they have any rights to Africa?  After all at the time they worked the land and made it fertile.  Was this worth nothing?

I simply don't know.  And don't really care.  But what a horrible mess Africa now is.  Despot all over the place and who will be the next one.

You might have a better idea.  But I somewhat doubt it.

Then your ignorance of the world around you is truly stunning. Apartheid in Africa passed you by yet Diane Abbott talking about racism piqued your interest. Astounding.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #379 on: May 17, 2020, 06:38:50 PM »
Then your ignorance of the world around you is truly stunning. Apartheid in Africa passed you by yet Diane Abbott talking about racism piqued your interest. Astounding.

I think that you have missed the point.  I am never downright rude while you are, so never any chance of a sensible discussion.

Africa isn't wonderful, although Botswana  is probably the closest.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #380 on: May 17, 2020, 07:38:15 PM »
I think that you have missed the point.  I am never downright rude while you are, so never any chance of a sensible discussion.

Africa isn't wonderful, although Botswana  is probably the closest.

I’m honest...some people don’t like that.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #381 on: May 17, 2020, 08:36:22 PM »
I’m honest...some people don’t like that.

I try not to be.

Offline faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2020, 10:00:32 AM »
Can someone explain this to me ? If a migrant comes to this country and works and pays taxes, why are they being charged a surcharge to use the NHS, which they pay for, like us, with their taxes ?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #384 on: May 22, 2020, 04:24:31 PM »

Because they haven't been paying into the pot all their working lives like the rest of us?

Why should Johnny Foreigner get the same level of healthcare as me if he hasn't paid in for as long as I have?

The migrant surcharge was earning 900 million a year which helped fund the NHS.

How is this money going to be found now?  Answers on the side of a bus.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #385 on: May 22, 2020, 04:29:05 PM »
Because they haven't been paying into the pot all their working lives like the rest of us?

Why should Johnny Foreigner get the same level of healthcare as me if he hasn't paid in for as long as I have?

The migrant surcharge was earning 900 million a year which helped fund the NHS.

How is this money going to be found now?  Answers on the side of a bus.
Exactly, that’s less tham 3 weeks of “Brexit Bonus” so that’s obviously where it will come from.  No need to worry Spam, Brexit will sort it alllll out.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #386 on: May 22, 2020, 04:34:02 PM »
Exactly, that’s less tham 3 weeks of “Brexit Bonus” so that’s obviously where it will come from.  No need to worry Spam, Brexit will sort it alllll out.

If Brexit got rid of all the foreigners it would be worth losing 900 million a year imo.
But it isn't going to do that. We will be getting Brexit light, not the evil, fascist, nazi kind of Brexit that I voted for.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #387 on: May 22, 2020, 04:52:57 PM »
If Brexit got rid of all the foreigners it would be worth losing 900 million a year imo.
But it isn't going to do that. We will be getting Brexit light, not the evil, fascist, nazi kind of Brexit that I voted for.
What were you promised that you’re sad not to be getting and who promised it to you?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #388 on: May 23, 2020, 12:04:13 PM »
What were you promised that you’re sad not to be getting and who promised it to you?

I wasn't promised anything personally, but I was told that voting for Brexit made me a racist, which I am.

I was under the impression we'd be booting out all the illegal economic migrants (who masquerade as refugees) & sending them back home where they belong, & that we'd be pulling up the draw bridge on them for good.
This isn't happening, instead we're now letting Johnny foreigner use our health service for free, which he doesn't deserve.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #389 on: May 23, 2020, 12:18:52 PM »
I wasn't promised anything personally, but I was told that voting for Brexit made me a racist, which I am.

I was under the impression we'd be booting out all the illegal economic migrants (who masquerade as refugees) & sending them back home where they belong, & that we'd be pulling up the draw bridge on them for good.
This isn't happening, instead we're now letting Johnny foreigner use our health service for free, which he doesn't deserve.
I'm afraid you've just demonstrated how thick the average Brexit voter was then.  Oh well, you have your uses at least, and for that we should be thankful.