Author Topic: Luke Mitchell - Witness Scott Forbes  (Read 84527 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Luke Mitchell - Witness Scott Forbes
« Reply #390 on: June 27, 2021, 11:51:05 PM »
"We" don't forget anything. Luke Mitchell was found guilty by a majority of his peers. You keep reminding everyone this could have been almost half who didn't agree to his guilt. Not necessarily the case but we're constantly reminded. Appeals are surely our safety net, no? Failed appeals, in this case, too. We're also constantly reminded by CM and others that ONLY A RETRIAL WILL SUFFICE! Nothing less than innocence will do. Well, that wasn't the case with LMs appeals, was it? They'd have taken any way of making him walk. Easy statements to make when everything but innocence has been exhausted. Let's not dress this up and pretend differently.

Are you really trying to pretend that the lack of success at appeal in anyway proves guilt? We dress the appeals process up as a safety net but it is really just a fairy story we tell ourself to feel better about our hopelessly broken judicial system, isn’t it?  Some of the highest profile miscarriages of justice had gone to appeal several times and the appeals rejected before eventually being quashed. Unfortunately the judiciary don’t like marching their homework down. Further you might not like it but a majority verdict does suggest that the evidence of guilt presented by the crown was not strong enough to convince a significant number of the jury of Luke’s guilt, but that’s simply logic, and yes that could have been as many as seven.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #391 on: June 28, 2021, 12:02:45 AM »
Are you really trying to pretend that the lack of success at appeal in anyway proves guilt? We dress the appeals process up as a safety net but it is really just a fairy story we tell ourself to feel better about our hopelessly broken judicial system, isn’t it?  Some of the highest profile miscarriages of justice had gone to appeal several times and the appeals rejected before eventually being quashed. Unfortunately the judiciary don’t like marching their homework down. Further you might not like it but a majority verdict does suggest that the evidence of guilt presented by the crown was not strong enough to convince a significant number of the jury of Luke’s guilt, but that’s simply logic, and yes that could have been as many as seven.

I don't disagree with most of that but am I right in thinking that Sandra Lean is attempting to have the conviction overturned on a technicality rather than prove innocence?

Assuming that is the case, Luke will always have this stigma hanging over his head as overturning any conviction on a technicality is not an exoneration.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 12:05:09 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2021, 12:24:11 AM »

Stop distracting and pretending you didn't read my reply properly. Please address my reply properly or save your time and mine.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #393 on: June 28, 2021, 12:32:27 AM »

So, how many of Luke Mitchell's "fairy stories" have I helped to pay??

Offline TruthSeeker2003

« Reply #394 on: June 28, 2021, 02:30:18 AM »
I don't disagree with most of that but am I right in thinking that Sandra Lean is attempting to have the conviction overturned on a technicality rather than prove innocence?

Assuming that is the case, Luke will always have this stigma hanging over his head as overturning any conviction on a technicality is not an exoneration.

Is this the angle which she was seeking? Publicly in her lives she called for an independent review like that of the Hillsborough disaster.
“I am a Truthseeker, searching for truth” “Make of that what you will”

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #395 on: June 28, 2021, 08:33:39 AM »

Luke Mitchell’s murder conviction won’t be overturned now or in the future
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #396 on: June 28, 2021, 08:36:53 PM »

If a new legal team have taken over who knows which direction they’ll take.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #397 on: June 28, 2021, 09:51:07 PM »
Give your head a wobble. You have been given a perfectly acceptable reply to your post. Perhaps if it was too erudite for you  you should go back to gossiping and leave the adult chat to the grownups?

My comment wasn't for you. I'll wait for the reply I was looking for. Thanks anyway.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #398 on: June 28, 2021, 10:03:48 PM »
My comment wasn't for you. I'll wait for the reply I was looking for. Thanks anyway.

I think it would be a good idea for you to ride back. When you’re in a hole etc etc.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #399 on: June 28, 2021, 10:07:36 PM »
I think it would be a good idea for you to ride back. When you’re in a hole etc etc.

Thanks for your advice but I think you'll find it's not me who's in a hole at this point in time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #400 on: June 28, 2021, 10:21:44 PM »
Thanks for your advice.

No problem…anytime.

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #401 on: June 28, 2021, 10:30:03 PM »
No problem…anytime.
Again, sarcasm being your defence.  SMH.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #402 on: June 28, 2021, 10:35:59 PM »
Again, sarcasm being your defence.  SMH.

Defence? Against?

Offline rulesapply

« Reply #403 on: June 28, 2021, 10:38:51 PM »
Defence? Against?
Against any adult argument coming your way. Look back!! Incase no one ever bothered to tell you, sarcasm is just that. Nothing else and it's a bad look.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #404 on: June 28, 2021, 11:00:38 PM »
Against any adult argument coming your way. Look back!! Incase no one ever bothered to tell you, sarcasm is just that. Nothing else and it's a bad look.

Nicholas has posted something really interesting on another thread about a comment of YouTube…best get over there and stop wasting time replying to me.