Author Topic: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 75490 times)

Offline John

Re: Netflix to air new documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »
Netflix is going to struggle to promote anything new in this dreadful case and especially so since there has been no official determination of it yet despite the passing of ten years.  It will be interesting to see if they have both the research and the courage to pursue the Correia/Metodo 3 affair or will they merely wallpaper over it?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 11:59:06 AM »
If key witnesses Martin Smith & family feature I would be interested but I can't see it. The pretend deaf, dumb and blind kid will not like that one bit.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
Netflix is going to struggle to promote anything new in this dreadful case and especially so since there has been no official determination of it yet despite the passing of ten years.  It will be interesting to see if they have both the research and the courage to pursue the Correia/Metodo 3 affair or will they merely wallpaper over it?

The problem is while the case is still being investigated many of the main witnesses such as Grime, Smith etc will be unwilling  to speak.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
It will be a great opportunity to publicise the mystery man widely referred to as Smithman.  Let's hope Netflix takes that opportunity.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 07:22:30 PM »
The problem is while the case is still being investigated many of the main witnesses such as Grime, Smith etc will be unwilling  to speak.

Indeed faith, that is a real concern as they could be 'interfering' with witnesses? I am not sure how they will get round that and I also wonder if it will be impartial and look at some worthy theories or will it be the same ole same ole.

Is John McVey related to Esther dose anyone know?

re: the garden scenario, they could NOT see the children's room or hear them if they woke. Who else do we know who has a main road with passing tourists cutting across their back garden?  anyone?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline sadie

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 01:01:18 AM »
Indeed faith, that is a real concern as they could be 'interfering' with witnesses? I am not sure how they will get round that and I also wonder if it will be impartial and look at some worthy theories or will it be the same ole same ole.

Is John McVey related to Esther dose anyone know?

re: the garden scenario, they could NOT see the children's room or hear them if they woke. Who else do we know who has a main road with passing tourists cutting across their back garden?  anyone?
Where has my answer to this gone?

Yes, try Victoria Terrace, Walsall.  Look on Google Earth.
A proper tarmaced road goes through the FRONT gardens of this very pleasant road.

Also hubbies childhood home, a small victorian house in a terrace had a pathway which was open to the public.  This ran accross the rear of a whole row of terraced houses and opened into the street in more than one place, so there was a route through if anyone chose to take it, which could have been used as a short cut as it was on the corner in a similar way to block 5.  It's use was for the coalman and a back way into each house. 

The long thin back garden which were generally fenced and with gates were split into two by this path.  This terrace is no longer there and has now been built upon, so sorry no reference for you to see it.

Offline Benice

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 11:20:43 AM »
Where has my answer to this gone?

Yes, try Victoria Terrace, Walsall.  Look on Google Earth.
A proper tarmaced road goes through the FRONT gardens of this very pleasant road.

Also hubbies childhood home, a small victorian house in a terrace had a pathway which was open to the public.  This ran accross the rear of a whole row of terraced houses and opened into the street in more than one place, so there was a route through if anyone chose to take it, which could have been used as a short cut as it was on the corner in a similar way to block 5.  It's use was for the coalman and a back way into each house. 

The long thin back garden which were generally fenced and with gates were split into two by this path.  This terrace is no longer there and has now been built upon, so sorry no reference for you to see it.

A row of the kind of terraced houses  - exactly as you describe - is in my village.  They  have very long narrow back gardens, entries and also the communal pathway crossing the rear of all the properties, splitting the houses from their gardens.

I believe they were originally built to house railway workers.   Most of them have long since been demolished and replaced with modern housing, but that one terraced row remains.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline John

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »
The Ocean Club gardens were public areas and as such cannot be compared to the relative security of ones own back garden.  A poor analogy imo.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 03:23:57 PM »
The Ocean Club gardens were public areas and as such cannot be compared to the relative security of ones own back garden.  A poor analogy imo.

I think the importance of the time it takes to walk from where the tapas table to the back entrance is seldom given much consideration.  For young physically fit young people, it has been walked in less than a minute.

Martin Brunt measured it in steps ... I think totalling 79?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »
I think the importance of the time it takes to walk from where the tapas table to the back entrance is seldom given much consideration.  For young physically fit young people, it has been walked in less than a minute.

Thank you for that Brietta. Around a minute to walk from the tapas table to the back entrance. So take 7 seconds from the tapas table to the tapas entrance and seven seconds ( conservatively) to get to the the apartments after turning at the corner, this meant that Tanner would have been in Jez's field of vision for around 40-46 seconds. Not quite the few seconds suggested then.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »

Using Brunt is not the best of ideas on here.

I.M.O. of course.

Offline Benice

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 04:07:53 PM »

If you are sitting at the end of your own back garden, from where you can see the back of your house, but not inside it - and it takes less than 60 seconds to return to the house - then I can see the similarity.   In neither case - house or apartment can you see what is going on at the front of the property.

If you were sitting in a place where you couldn't see your house at all - and it took a lot longer than 60 seconds to return to it - then that would be a different matter IMO.

IMO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 04:13:47 PM »
If you are sitting at the end of your own back garden, from where you can see the back of your house, but not inside it - and it takes less than 60 seconds to return to the house - then I can see the similarity.   In neither case - house or apartment can you see what is going on at the front of the property.

If you were sitting in a place where you couldn't see your house at all - and it took a lot longer than 60 seconds to return to it - then that would be a different matter IMO.

IMO

Yet again.

It was dark and it was not the back garden.

They were there to drink , eat and talk.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 04:47:51 PM »

It is a long time since I studied Metrology but I don't recall "Bruntian Steps" as an approved unit of measurement.
What is that in real money? In case it had escaped your attention the approved units of measurement in UK are millimetre, metre and kilometre [that is keelomeeter not killommeter]. If you can't do real money the distance in chains will do as I have perversion charts for "Mickey Mouse" to "Real".

p.s was it a step or a pace?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 04:50:44 PM »

IMO

According to the PJ when they "ran a tape over it" there was no unimpeded line of sight from where the T7 sat to the patio door.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey