Author Topic: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?  (Read 408685 times)

icabodcrane

I have just watched the entire Dispatches programme which Redblossom linked to another thread

Five experts  (  and they really  are experts )  analysed the three possible theories  :

That Madeleine woke and wandered

That she was abducted

That her parents were involved in her disappearance

What struck me was that the open window/shutter was only mentioned in relation to the third option  ( involvement of the parents  ) .  It was suggested that they were opened from the inside as a way of  'staging'  a crime

The experts offered no explanation for the open window/shutter in either of the two remaining theories  (  woke and wandered/ abduction )   because it played no part in the hypothesis they formulated in both scnarios

I am back to being convinced that there is no rational explanation for the open shutters  other  than that they were opened as part of the  staging of  a crime

I know  other explanations have been sought   ...  but that's the thing  ...  other explanations have to be 'imagined'

There is nothing about the window/shutters being opened from the inside that immediately  screams abduction   ...  on the contrary,  it is something that somehow has to be  'fitted in'  with abduction theory

I am in agreement with the experts on this matter
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 01:16:09 AM by John »

Offline Lace

Re: Could an intruder have opened the shutter and climbed in the window?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 07:18:48 PM »
I have just watched the entire Dispatches programme which Redblossom linked to another thread

Five experts  (  and they really  are experts )  analysed the three possible theories  :

That Madeleine woke and wondered

That she was abducted

That her parents were involved in her disappearance

What struck me was that the open window/shutter was only mentioned in relation to the third option  ( involvement of the parents  ) .  It was suggested that they were opened from the inside as a way of  'staging'  a crime

The experts offered no explanation for the open window/shutter in either of the two remaining theories  (  woke and wondered/ abduction )   because it played no part in the hypothesis they formulated in both scnarios

I am back to being convinced that there is no rational explanation for the open shutters  other  than that they were opened as part of the  staging of  a crime

I know  other explanations have been sought   ...  but that's the thing  ...  other explanations have to be 'imagined'

There is nothing about the window/shutters being opened from the inside that immediately  screams abduction   ...  on the contrary,  it is something that somehow has to be  'fitted in'  with abduction theory

I am in agreement with the experts on this matter

So Kate opens the shutters to stage an abduction and leaves her finger prints on it,  come on.

Redblossom

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »
Interesting observation Icab!

See also here at 6.30

Lace you can open the shutters by lifting the web cord from inside, as you are supposed to do,no reason to put your prints on them at all, unless you are Gerry Mccann or Diane Webster tampering with evidence!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:01:46 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Lace

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »
Interesting observation Icab!

See also here at 6.30

Lace you can open the shutters by lifting the web cord from inside, as you are supposed to do,no reason to put your prints on them at all, unless you are Gerry Mccann or Diane Webster tampering with evidence!

Yes I know.   I expect Kate McCann knew that too.

So if Kate McCann was devious enough to stage an abduction by lifting the shutters,  why leave her finger prints?

Redblossom

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 08:42:31 PM »
Yes I know.   I expect Kate McCann knew that too.

So if Kate McCann was devious enough to stage an abduction by lifting the shutters,  why leave her finger prints?

but she didnt, gerry did probably when he was  tampering with the evidence

kates prints were found on the window

Offline Lace

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 08:48:57 PM »

Your right,  apologies.   

Redblossom

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »
Your right,  apologies.   

No apologies required

Offline sadie

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 10:46:07 PM »

Gerry was trying to puzzle out what happened to his daughter

Such a pity the police took such a long time to arrive

... and then did bother to NOT secure the crime scene. 8(8-))

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 11:02:53 PM »
Gerry was trying to puzzle out what happened to his daughter

Such a pity the police took such a long time to arrive

... and then did bother to NOT secure the crime scene. 8(8-))

Would that have explained Kate's fingerprints on the window or for that matter the windows/shutters being open for no apparent reason ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 11:07:22 PM »
Would that have explained Kate's fingerprints on the window or for that matter the windows/shutters being open for no apparent reason ?
Kate had lived there for several days Faith.  Her fingerprints mean nothing

Why are you wumming?

Do you really want me to go thru the reasons why the shutters and window was open....yet again! 
.... for the fourth or fifth time !

AnneGuedes

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 11:11:11 PM »
They didn't bother to squeeze Mrs McCann about the fingerprints, nice compassionate guys or bloody incompetent cops ?

Offline Benice

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 11:15:28 PM »
Why wouldn't Kate's fingerprints be on the window or shutters?

She stayed there for several days after all.

They were probably there from the first day when they closed the shutters and curtains in that room - and didn't open them again.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 11:19:46 PM »
Kate had lived there for several days Faith.  Her fingerprints mean nothing

Why are you wumming?

Do you really want me to go thru the reasons why the shutters and window was open....yet again! 
.... for the fourth or fifth time !

Her fingerprints mean everything sadie because according to Kate she had never opened the window. From her arguido interview :

'The window to Madeleine’s bedroom remained closed, but she doesn’t know if it was locked, shutters and curtains drawn, and that was how it remained since the first day, night and day. She never opened it. If somebody saw the window shutters in Madeleine’s room open, it was not the deponent who opened them, and she never saw them open.'

By the way are you now willing to concede you were wrong about the Smith carrier ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Carana

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 11:37:30 PM »
I don't find what seems to be strange about two fingers on the window.

Your child is missing. You find the shutters and a window open.

What is odd about touching the window with two fingers whilst poking your head out of the window to check?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 11:48:24 PM »
You are wrong.  Read her statement again

I have read her statement and seen the photograph from the files that shows where she was standing when she saw the carrier.  If she had to look to her left to see him he could not have been veering to the left or indeed towards her.