Author Topic: Why Should We Believe the Parent’s When....?  (Read 51670 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Why Should We Believe the Parent’s When....?
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2019, 08:45:26 AM »
I know very little about this case but at this moment in time I don't see the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) could gather any evidence to bring about a criminal trial against the McCanns in connection with MM's disappearance, other than possibly neglect over leaving children that age unsupervised, but I'm happy to be corrected.
As the so-called neglect occurred abroad I think they’d struggle tbh.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Carana

« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2019, 08:46:52 AM »
Fact..Gerry said that they weren’t sure that they’d get into the tapas bar that night...the files show us that the group had booked a table for every night that week...ergo, he lied.

Why he lied is opinion.....that he lied is not.

That he lied might just be opinion as well.

JT:

Reply    “Well, I think, yeah, I mean, and we actually did have a conversation, it’s one of those ‘What ifs’ as well, I can remember on the morning of the, Thursday morning by the tennis, at the tennis, somebody in our tennis group had tried to book the Tapas and they couldn’t get in because it was already full.  And I can remember thinking at that point, and I just felt, you know, ‘Good’, because they were bloomin’ awkward by booking it out.  And they were sort of saying well it’s a bit ridiculous that they couldn’t have got in because they’d booked, they’d tried to book in, you know, they’d been there at nine o’clock to book in and they still couldn’t get in.  So, we did, at that point, I can remember having this conversation was ‘Oh shall we go somewhere different’, but it never happened, but.  And Kate was, I think Kate was there then, I can’t remember who else, but we did actually say ‘Oh shall we, shall we go somewhere different’.  And I think almost at that point we had considered it, but I think the problem was the kids were so tired after having such full days, I think it was more ‘Well it’s worked every other night’.  But I know definitely from my point of view I felt quite bad that we were taking this, you know, this block booking every night and it was affecting other people using it”.

4078    “What were the other options then for eating, was there a good option close by?”
 Reply    “No, it was just the Millennium, well in terms of ones that you wouldn’t have to pay extra for,
it was the Millennium, which didn’t really start until, I think it was half seven or something, so, you know, by that stage it was, we could have, we could have gone there, so I think.  And our kids are probably more, I don’t know, (inaudible) our kids as they are growing up, but we tend to drag our kids with us more, you know, they have never really had a certain bedtime as such, I think”.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm

Offline jassi

« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2019, 08:50:01 AM »
I know very little about this case but at this moment in time I don't see the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) could gather any evidence to bring about a criminal trial against the McCanns in connection with MM's disappearance, other than possibly neglect over leaving children that age unsupervised, but I'm happy to be corrected.

The UK judicial system has no jurisdiction to prosecute over a crime occurring abroad, except perhaps that of murder.

If it were proved that the McCanns were involved and knew she was dead, then they could be prosecuted for fraud
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2019, 08:53:17 AM »
That he lied might just be opinion as well.

JT:

Reply    “Well, I think, yeah, I mean, and we actually did have a conversation, it’s one of those ‘What ifs’ as well, I can remember on the morning of the, Thursday morning by the tennis, at the tennis, somebody in our tennis group had tried to book the Tapas and they couldn’t get in because it was already full.  And I can remember thinking at that point, and I just felt, you know, ‘Good’, because they were bloomin’ awkward by booking it out.  And they were sort of saying well it’s a bit ridiculous that they couldn’t have got in because they’d booked, they’d tried to book in, you know, they’d been there at nine o’clock to book in and they still couldn’t get in.  So, we did, at that point, I can remember having this conversation was ‘Oh shall we go somewhere different’, but it never happened, but.  And Kate was, I think Kate was there then, I can’t remember who else, but we did actually say ‘Oh shall we, shall we go somewhere different’.  And I think almost at that point we had considered it, but I think the problem was the kids were so tired after having such full days, I think it was more ‘Well it’s worked every other night’.  But I know definitely from my point of view I felt quite bad that we were taking this, you know, this block booking every night and it was affecting other people using it”.

4078    “What were the other options then for eating, was there a good option close by?”
 Reply    “No, it was just the Millennium, well in terms of ones that you wouldn’t have to pay extra for,
it was the Millennium, which didn’t really start until, I think it was half seven or something, so, you know, by that stage it was, we could have, we could have gone there, so I think.  And our kids are probably more, I don’t know, (inaudible) our kids as they are growing up, but we tend to drag our kids with us more, you know, they have never really had a certain bedtime as such, I think”.
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm
nice find (except certain people will believe JT was briefed to say that just to support Gerry’s “lie” for reasons best known to themselves).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2019, 09:17:15 AM »
The UK judicial system has no jurisdiction to prosecute over a crime occurring abroad, except perhaps that of murder.

If it were proved that the McCanns were involved and knew she was dead, then they could be prosecuted for fraud

Yes I was just talking hypothetically. 

For those who believe the McCanns had some hand in MM's disappearance, other than the crazy "childcare arrangements" what evidence supports your belief?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2019, 09:22:44 AM »
Yes I was just talking hypothetically. 

For those who believe the McCanns had some hand in MM's disappearance, other than the crazy "childcare arrangements" what evidence supports your belief?
Oh gawd.  It’s all here on the forum a thousand times over, where have you been all this time Senior Moderator??

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2019, 09:32:38 AM »
Oh gawd.  It’s all here on the forum a thousand times over, where have you been all this time Senior Moderator??

Lol on the Bamber board, Rettendon murders and Jill Dando. 

I would be most grateful if someone could just bullet point the case as they see it against the parents.  Thanks.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2019, 09:36:29 AM »
Lol on the Bamber board, Rettendon murders and Jill Dando. 

I would be most grateful if someone could just bullet point the case as they see it against the parents.  Thanks.
Perhaps start a new thread?  One bullet point is that Gerry “lied” about being worried about not getting a table at the Tapas restaurant on the evening Madeleine disappeared.  Most of the other bullet points are equally as unproven and tenuous, and borne out of a deep dislike of the parents, what they did a propos of leaving the kids alone, the way they look and sound, what they say, what they wear and where they live.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »
Perhaps start a new thread?  One bullet point is that Gerry “lied” about being worried about not getting a table at the Tapas restaurant on the evening Madeleine disappeared.  Most of the other bullet points are equally as unproven and tenuous, and borne out of a deep dislike of the parents, what they did a propos of leaving the kids alone, the way they look and sound, what they say, what they wear and where they live.

Ok so a lot of what might be considered anecdotal evidence.  Not to be scoffed at some people work off intuition others more towards hard physical evidence.  I think we need to look at both.  I'll set up a new thread as you suggested. 

Offline The General

« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2019, 09:44:29 AM »
Bit harsh. I'm sure there's plenty of us evil sceptics who don't 'deeply dislike' the parents. Maybe some do. And I couldn't give two short ones where they live, what they have for breakfast; I'm not interested.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2019, 09:47:03 AM »
Ok so a lot of what might be considered anecdotal evidence.  Not to be scoffed at some people work off intuition others more towards hard physical evidence.  I think we need to look at both.  I'll set up a new thread as you suggested.

Not to be scoffed at as long as those making the claims realise that intuition isn't evidence... It might tell you where to look for evidence... But it isn't evidence.
Last year Pedro DA Carmo who was head if the PJ at the time said there is no evidence against the mccanns... That's pretty clear
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:51:41 AM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2019, 09:54:05 AM »
What part of that little lot supports Gerry's lie? He says quite clearly they "we weren't sure we were going to get into the tapas "

JT; " And I can remember thinking at that point, and I just felt, you know, ‘Good’, because they were bloomin’ awkward by BOOKING it."

That's not support of it, that's confirmation of it. He knew they were going to get in. REMEMBER?
It shows that there was a question mark over whether or not they would get a table that night which was discussed within the group and the Millenium discussed as an alternative, exactly as Gerry said.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
Bit harsh. I'm sure there's plenty of us evil sceptics who don't 'deeply dislike' the parents. Maybe some do. And I couldn't give two short ones where they live, what they have for breakfast; I'm not interested.

I don't believe you do General.
But some here do!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »
Really?  Most sceptics certainly give the impression that they deeply dislike the McCanns for one reason or another. 

Offline The General

« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2019, 09:56:59 AM »
It shows that there was a question mark over whether or not they would get a table that night which was discussed within the group and the Millenium discussed as an alternative, exactly as Gerry said.
I think the only issue at stake here is establishing the concept that Gerry has potentially lied about a fundamental fact. I'm not convinced it has any relevance beyond that. And even then, well, we all lie, so it only establishes that.
Unless I'm reading this wrong.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum