Author Topic: ISIS Brides, should they be allowed back ?  (Read 32509 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: ISIS Brides, should they be allowed back ?
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2019, 02:31:38 PM »
AS always, you are changing what has been said. just as well you didn't take part in a certain survey...

G unit has not claimed all criminals should not be jailed. she is claiming that some can be rehabiltated. and that seems to be the case. SOME being the operative word here.
I have changed nothing.  I have accurately presented G-Unit’s views. “Punishment doesn’t work, rehabilitation does”.  This is a typical bleeding-heart liberal view.  Some people are proud to be viewed as such anyway, I myself am more BHL than the typical Mail reader “Flog ‘Em & Hang ‘Em” brigade.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2019, 02:34:08 PM »
AS always, you are changing what has been said. just as well you didn't take part in a certain survey...

G unit has not claimed all criminals should not be jailed. she is claiming that some can be rehabiltated. and that seems to be the case. SOME being the operative word here.
Oh and just a reminder of your first post to me on this thread when I adopted the Bleeding Heart Liberal approach
“Oh to be so glib about a real threat to British born women of any colour or faith. Your post shows you have no real concern for fellow citizens and the real threat posed to us.

Boring banal diatribe is all that eminates from you”.
Straight in with the insults before I’d addressed a post to anyone on this thread. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2019, 02:37:58 PM »
I have changed nothing.  I have accurately presented G-Unit’s views. “Punishment doesn’t work, rehabilitation does”.  This is a typical bleeding-heart liberal view.  Some people are proud to be viewed as such anyway, I myself am more BHL than the typical Mail reader “Flog ‘Em & Hang ‘Em” brigade.

People should be punished for henious crimes.- if while in prison they get rehabilitated then all is good- it can also change the most hardened criminal- when they get fed up.

I am more a 'each case based on merit to be judged' kinda person. Since my grandad was one!  I just do not follow a crowd,join a gang, or push an agenda- Free thinking is always better.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2019, 02:39:27 PM »
People should be punished for henious crimes.- if while in prison they get rehabilitated then all is good- it can also change the most hardened criminal- when they get fed up.

I am more a 'each case based on merit to be judged' kinda person. Since my grandad was one!  I just do not follow a crowd,join a gang, or push an agenda- Free thinking is always better.
Wow.  Simply in awe here at your free spiritedness.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2019, 03:04:07 PM »
According to you “punishment doesn’t work” (no cites given) but rehabilitation does (no cites given) so what do you propose we do with individuals who act like traitors by running away to foreign countries of their own volition to join terrorist organisations whose main aim is to bring down western civilisation and replace it with an Islamic state?

I thought anyone who took an interest in the world knew that prison doesn't stop people reoffending or deter others from committing crimes. If you disagree then explain why we still have prisons packed with those who weren't deterred even though they knew they would go to prison and those who had been in there before but still committed new crimes?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »
I thought anyone who took an interest in the world knew that prison doesn't stop people reoffending or deter others from committing crimes. If you disagree then explain why we still have prisons packed with those who weren't deterred even though they knew they would go to prison and those who had been in there before but still committed new crimes?
How about you answer my question before posing your own?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2019, 03:51:05 PM »

you are making a false assumption that prison is not a deterrant to those who do not commit crimes and dont end up in prison....many commit crimes because they think they wont get caught....or wont get sent to prison

so speeding fines are not a deterrant because poeple still speed...speed cameras not a deterrant...your logic is false and poorly thought out ...why do those who commit crimes cover their faces if prison is not a deterrant
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:53:15 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2019, 06:25:28 PM »
you are making a false assumption that prison is not a deterrant to those who do not commit crimes and dont end up in prison....many commit crimes because they think they wont get caught....or wont get sent to prison

so speeding fines are not a deterrant because poeple still speed...speed cameras not a deterrant...your logic is false and poorly thought out ...why do those who commit crimes cover their faces if prison is not a deterrant
Rehabilitation is also not the solution as Miss Taken kindly pointed out.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2019, 10:47:18 AM »

Miss Taken did NOT say rehbilitation does not work. in reply th Gunit.

Actually, Picking Jamie Bulgers killers was a bad idead to shout down G unit. The fact is one of those boys became a real 'bad un'  and the other was 'rehabilitated', lives with a partner, who know who he really is- and hasn't been in troube since.unquote.

I did say fundamentalist jihadis would not respond to just rehabilitation- they should be jailed!.- Due to their mental capacity  having been brainwashed.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2019, 11:41:57 AM »
Miss Taken did NOT say rehbilitation does not work. in reply th Gunit.

Actually, Picking Jamie Bulgers killers was a bad idead to shout down G unit. The fact is one of those boys became a real 'bad un'  and the other was 'rehabilitated', lives with a partner, who know who he really is- and hasn't been in troube since.unquote.

I did say fundamentalist jihadis would not respond to just rehabilitation- they should be jailed!.- Due to their mental capacity  having been brainwashed.
Using the Bulger killers as an example, it seems that rehabilitation has a 50% chance of success.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2019, 12:01:30 PM »

It is in Norway;

The country relies on a concept called "restorative justice," which aims to repair the harm caused by crime rather than punish people. This system focuses on rehabilitating prisoners.
https://www.businessinsider.com/why-norways-prison-system-is-so-successful-2014-12?r=US&IR=T
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2019, 12:36:37 PM »
It is in Norway;

The country relies on a concept called "restorative justice," which aims to repair the harm caused by crime rather than punish people. This system focuses on rehabilitating prisoners.
https://www.businessinsider.com/why-norways-prison-system-is-so-successful-2014-12?r=US&IR=T
Is that the model you would like to see in the UK?  A system in which murderers, terrorists, rapists and child sex abusers are treated well, in prisons more closely resembling hotels, and released after a few short years of rehabilitation back into the community?  It's very progressive of you.  Perhaps we should have a referendum on the matter.  I wonder how the GBP would vote...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2019, 03:41:48 PM »
Is that the model you would like to see in the UK?  A system in which murderers, terrorists, rapists and child sex abusers are treated well, in prisons more closely resembling hotels, and released after a few short years of rehabilitation back into the community?  It's very progressive of you.  Perhaps we should have a referendum on the matter.  I wonder how the GBP would vote...

Only 20% of Norway's criminals reoffend.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2019, 03:47:01 PM »
Another question neatly dodged. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2019, 05:54:44 PM »

If you read the article you quoted that may be because Norway keeps people locked up longer and doesn't let then out until they feel they are rehabilitated.