Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1353039 times)

Redblossom

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #705 on: December 28, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
6 yrs bungling cops..what an antidote to the 5 yrs hidden efits

!

@)(++(*

Carry on spinning

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #706 on: December 28, 2013, 05:52:06 PM »
6 yrs bungling cops..what an antidote to the 5 yrs hidden efits

!

@)(++(*

Carry on spinning

That's the impression I got from this article aswell.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Redblossom

« Reply #707 on: December 28, 2013, 06:01:28 PM »
That's the impression I got from this article aswell.

Well they had to take a break for Xmas! Leave the genune circus shows to do their rounds before continung with their own I guess.....

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #708 on: December 28, 2013, 06:04:18 PM »
But how does portraying a bumbling investigation help the McCanns in their desire for public monies and assistance?

Surely it diminishes public faith in the idea that there is anything to be gained from investing continued resources into this case.

Redblossom

« Reply #709 on: December 28, 2013, 06:09:56 PM »
But how does portraying a bumbling investigation help the McCanns in their desire for public monies and assistance?

Surely it diminishes public faith in the idea that there is anything to be gained from investing continued resources into this case.
Isnt it obvious?

Its over there, never here? Just saying.....

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #710 on: December 28, 2013, 06:58:15 PM »
Isnt it obvious?

Its over there, never here? Just saying.....

That's assuming the public as a whole, in reading tabloid headlines and maybe not very much else, are going to have a feel for the distinctions in the investigation as to what is Portuguese domain and what is English domain. Lots of procedural issues to grasp, and changes at the helm of the investigation over time. Is everyone keeping track?

IMO the message that it's all their fault (if that's what's being attempted here) is going to be lost on the public, who just see a general mess. The overwhelming tendency is to point the finger at the McCanns, without breaking the investigation down.

Redblossom

« Reply #711 on: December 28, 2013, 07:13:29 PM »
That's assuming the public as a whole, in reading tabloid headlines and maybe not very much else, are going to have a feel for the distinctions in the investigation as to what is Portuguese domain and what is English domain. Lots of procedural issues to grasp, and changes at the helm of the investigation over time. Is everyone keeping track?

IMO the message that it's all their fault (if that's what's being attempted here) is going to be lost on the public, who just see a general mess. The overwhelming tendency is to point the finger at the McCanns, without breaking the investigation down.

Where?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #712 on: December 28, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »
The overwhelming tendency is to point the finger at the McCanns, without breaking the investigation down.
I rather think that the overwhelming tendency is to point the finger at all confounded polices.
And with a certain reason, though responsibilities should be clarified in order to at least ameliorate the cooperation between the polices of the EU.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #713 on: December 28, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »
Where?

Where not?

If you look at just about any article relating to the McCanns that allows comments, the majority are negative and focus on the fact that the children were left alone in the apartment - regardless of the actual topic of the article. That's what it often seems to come back to.

Not a scientific survey, I admit. But a demonstration of the general feel the public seems to have for this case.

Only someone interested or involved in the investigation is going to bother going into details about what police forces were responsible for what information at what time. 

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #714 on: December 28, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
I rather think that the overwhelming tendency is to point the finger at all confounded polices.
And with a certain reason, though responsibilities should be clarified in order to at least ameliorate the cooperation between the polices of the EU.

I find this interesting - can you be more specific ?

Offline peter claridge

« Reply #715 on: December 28, 2013, 07:35:17 PM »
Endless discussion about a person that doesn't exist whether in the form of Crecheman or Bundleman!

Redblossom

« Reply #716 on: December 28, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
Where not?

If you look at just about any article relating to the McCanns that allows comments, the majority are negative and focus on the fact that the children were left alone in the apartment - regardless of the actual topic of the article. That's what it often seems to come back to.

Not a scientific survey, I admit. But a demonstration of the general feel the public seems to have for this case.

Only someone interested or involved in the investigation is going to bother going into details about what police forces were responsible for what information at what time.

I thought we were talking about press articles and who they put the blame on....ie bungling police etc not readers comments....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:48:24 PM by Redblossom »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #717 on: December 28, 2013, 07:45:41 PM »
Endless discussion about a person that doesn't exist whether in the form of Crecheman or Bundleman!
?{)(**

AnneGuedes

« Reply #718 on: December 28, 2013, 07:57:30 PM »

This kind of comment exists since the very beginning and will always exist. This is the easiest way to make up one's mind, the less embarrassing  one. You're not like the McCanns, you're secure.

The McCanns are blamed to have left alone their kids and the police to have spent lots of money without finding the abductor.

It's clear that if there was no abductor, the argument "this happens only to neglectful parents" collapses.

Lyall

« Reply #719 on: December 28, 2013, 08:15:36 PM »

The article contains descriptions that Mitchell will definitely approve, and that doesn't happen accidentally.

Personally I think another front page is the reason for the article, it's as simple as that.