Author Topic: Could the Rettendon Two be a potential MoJ.  (Read 164510 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Could the Rettendon Two be a potential MoJ.
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2019, 12:23:23 PM »
Thanks Sika.  I've read DJ's WS which I uploaded further up thread.  Imo her WS is very suspicious.  It seems she had a good relationship with Rolfe.  The pair had been together for some years and had a daughter.  Early press reports have her pleading for info on 9th Dec '95:

Donna Jaggers, aged 27, Rolfe's common law wife, broke down as she pleaded for information at a press conference yesterday. The couple have a six-year-old daughter. Rolfe was last seen at 6pm on Wednesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/fromthearchive/story/0,,1715361,00.html

On 14th Mar '96 she makes a WS stating the trio were off to meet Steele et al.  If this was the case why did it take EP so long to investigate those who were the last to associate with the murdered trio?  As I said in a post up thread the timings don't work.

What real evidence exists for a meeting between the murdered trio and a plane landing etc? 

Is there anything to suggest the following didn't happen:

The perps (probably military or police trained) break-in to Tuckers home in Fobbing.  They take him at gunpoint and force him to call Rolfe and Tate for a meeting.  Rolfe turns up and is then forced to drive at gunpoint to Tate's.  Tate gets into the car thinking its all safe.  The perps then tell Rolfe to drive to a location or straight to Rettendon.  The perps obtain whatever they want from the trio ie info re any stash of drugs/cash/firearms and/or execute.  Rettendon was chosen due to its proximity to Peter Theobald's shooting range and the sound of gunshot would not be unusual. 

What about the hard evidence: pathological, forensics and ballistics?  What happened to the spent cartridges?  What was the distance of shots?  Trajectories?  It should have been possible to pinpoint the position of perp in relation to the murdered trio?

With regard to Sarah Saunders WS again a vulnerable woman who was no doubt upset her associates were no more and her friend Steele was in the frame.  As she said:

- Tate talked nonsense a lot of the time
- The the trio had numerous enemies
- She didn't think any animosity existed between Steele and Tate. 
- She said whenever she called Pat and he was in the presence of those she knew he would say eg I'm with Mick (Steele) but on the occasion she last spoke with him he said 'I'm with some people'.  This obviously wasn't what EP wanted to hear.  And EP were selling it hard about Steele/Whomes involvement despite the lack of any forensic evidence.  Nicholls was not there.
- Notice how EP have Steele referring to her as a 'silly cow'!

I'm not sure if EP are just as thick as they come, lazy or poorly trained or a combi of all three but from what little I know about this case and a better knowledge of JB's case it appears to me EP come up with a hunch and then use bullying tactics often on vulnerable women eg in this case Jaggers/Saunders and JB's case the likes of Christine Bacon and JM to get them to support the hunch.  And/or EP enter into deals with the likes of JM/Nicholls whereby they relieve them of potential criminal charges and introduce them to the media for financial inducements.

The whole thing stinks imo. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2019, 01:28:59 PM »
According to DJ's WS Tucker had a couple of horses at Longwood Stables, Dry Street, Basildon.  Is it possible the perps either ambushed Tucker there or lured him there and the others were then called by Tucker.  They were then executed at Rettendon due to its proximity to Peter Theobald's shooting range where the sound of gunshot would not seem out of the ordinary?

The timings in DJ's WS don't stack up but they would if the initial meet was the stables.  By this I mean Rolfe's Range Rover was recorded on CCTV leaving Lakeside at 6pm and he was due to pick up DJ at 7pm (from Lakeside? or their home in Chafford Hundred? distance between 2 is 2 min drive) with the trio due at a restaurant in Romford by 8pm.  This can't be done if Rolfe went to pick up Tucker/Fobbing then Tate/Basildon then on to Rettendon for recce and back.  If they met at Tucker's stables it was doable.   

This would also account for the fact no one could recall a Range Rover having to wait to cross a busy road during rush hour. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2019, 10:34:42 PM »
Donna Jaggers WS refers to a Lizzie Fletcher accompanying Rolfe and Tate to Holland to collect the cash refund for the duff cannabis.  Here she is at 7.30min in where the narrator refers to her as Tate's girlfriend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlqpePQYnck

PT stamped on her forehead  (^&&

Offline Myster

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2019, 07:25:52 PM »
Donna Jaggers WS refers to a Lizzie Fletcher accompanying Rolfe and Tate to Holland to collect the cash refund for the duff cannabis.  Here she is at 7.30min in where the narrator refers to her as Tate's girlfriend:

PT stamped on her forehead  (^&&
I thought you hadn't got time to investigate other cases?!

All I see here are rats in a sack vying for power to destroy young people's lives, and when looking at the crime scene and mortuary photos think 'Good Riddance!'
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2019, 12:07:44 PM »
I thought you hadn't got time to investigate other cases?!

All I see here are rats in a sack vying for power to destroy young people's lives, and when looking at the crime scene and mortuary photos think 'Good Riddance!'

I don't have the time or inclination to 'investigate' new cases but I started dipping into this one over a year ago as I see it as a sideways move from WHF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxcDTUMLQJI

I find common themes between the two cases and I am interested in understanding more about the world of illegal drugs. 

I agree they were/are drug dealing s..m but the point is are Steele and Whomes (also drug dealing s..m) actually responsible for the murders?   If not they need to receive sentences appropriate for their drug dealing offences and the perp(s) of the murders need holding to account with Nicholls (also drug dealing s..m) held to account for his drug dealing offences and perverting the course of justice.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2019, 12:17:04 PM »
Calling Sika and others...help...

Am I missing something here...I have attempted to find all the mobile tel masts in Essex thinking there would be a number whereas according to the following it appears the 2 calls Whomes made to Nicholls were routed through the only two masts in Essex!  Meaning the fact Whomes calls were routed through these masts which happen to be in close proximity to where the Range Rover and bodies were found means SFA!? 

https://www.mastdata.com/37/37_map_mobile_mast.aspx?Table=15&AdTyID=43&ROName=essex&Z=14

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2019, 12:56:40 PM »
It seems if you use the above for the whole of Essex it throws up the 2 masts quoted at trial but if you select towns of Essex it throws up more masts.  So it appears Whomes was in the vicinity of the Range Rover at a time when it is thought the trio were murdered. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2019, 03:37:02 PM »
The following is an excerpt from the CoA doc re Nicholls' account of the murders:

In the weeks that followed Nicholls went about his normal business. This included carrying out electrical work for Steele on his property. On 6 December Nicholls was doing some plumbing and labouring work for someone else in the Sunbury area, west of London. In the middle of the day there was telephone contact between Nicholls, who was still in Sunbury, and Steele, who was at or near Colchester. Nicholls left Sunbury in the early afternoon and drove to Essex via the M25 and M11. The arrangement was that Nicholls would meet Steele at Marks Tey at 5.00 o'clock. Steele arrived late driving a Toyota. They waited for Whomes who arrived in a Volkswagen Passat. It became apparent that Steele and Whomes had arranged a meeting with Tate. Steele said that its purpose was a drugs deal. From Marks Tey Steele and Nicholls travelled in the Toyota and Whomes followed in the Passat. Both vehicles stopped at a country park at which point Nicholls joined Whomes in the Passat which Nicholls then drove. Whomes told Nicholls to drive to the Halfway House public house and park. When they arrived the Toyota was there and Whomes told Nicholls to park at a distance from it. A Range Rover then arrived and parked next to the Toyota. Whomes said that it was Tate in the Range Rover. Whomes then directed Nicholls along the A130 close to the village of Rettenden. He indicated a farm track whereupon Nicholls drove in and turned the car round. Whomes got out of the car, told Nicholls to go elsewhere and await a phone call to pick Whomes up at the same place. Whomes took a canvas bag and a coat from the back of the car. Nicholls drove to a nearby public house, The Wheatsheaf. There he saw that his mobile phone signal was poor so he drove off and parked again in Meadow Road. Before very long Whomes telephoned to be picked up. Nicholls drove back to the farm track. At first he did not see anyone but Whomes arrived and went into the back of the car. Whomes said that Steele would not be long but had dropped something. Steele then arrived and sat in the front passenger seat. When the interior light came on, Nicholls noticed that Whomes was wearing surgical-type gloves and that they were speckled with red. It soon became apparent to Nicholls that the point of the rendezvous with Tate and his associates had not been a drugs transaction but had been murder. No sooner had Steele got into the car and told Nicholls to drive away than he said "They won't f..k with us again." Steele handed over some parts of a gun to Whomes. Whomes said Steele had fired it and it had fallen apart. Nicholls was directed to drive to another public house where the Toyota had been parked. Steele described how he had been in the farm track with Tate when Tate's mobile had received an incoming call from Sarah Saunders. It had taken Steele by surprise because it was an affectionate call, whereas Steele was under the impression that Sarah Saunders wanted nothing more to do with Tate. Steele described Whomes as cold-hearted because of the ruthlessness with which he had shot the three occupants of the Range Rover. Whomes had then reloaded his weapon and, without emotion, shot them each again in the back of the head. Eventually Steele took Nicholls back to Marks Tey where Nicholls' own car was parked. He continued to see Steele and Whomes after that but the contact was less. He also continued to do work at Steele's property. Some time later, Steele had described the three deceased as "horrible b........s", his attitude being that he had done the world a favour by getting rid of them. Steele or Whomes said that the gun had been ground up and been thrown into the sea. Steele had burned the overalls and boots which he and Whomes had worn.

So according to the above Nicholls, Steele and Whomes (NSW) met at Marks Tey at 5pm.  It states Steele arrived late and then Whomes turned up.  No idea how late was late and/or what time NSW departed Marks Tey.  I will assume 5pm.  They then travelled to a country park where Nicholls left Steele and joined Whomes with the two cars then travelling to the Halfway House (CM13 3LL) with the final destination Rettendon:

5 pm @ Marks Tey to CM13 3LL = 45 mins

CM13 3LL to Rettendon = 21 mins @ 6.07pm

The times for Rolfe, Tate and Tucker (RTT):

Rolfe's Range Rover is on CCTV leaving Lakeside at 6pm.  By all accounts he picked up Tucker from Fobbing and Tate from Basildon then on to the Halfway House (CM13 3LL) to meet Steele.

6pm @ Lakeside to Fobbing 19 mins

Fobbing to Basildon = 9 mins

Basildon to Halfway House = 14 mins

Halfway House to Rettendon = 21 mins @ 7.03pm

So based on the journey times it seems Nicholls is about an hour out!?

I know the area well as my bestie lives in Brentwood and when I first skimmed thru it I thought the times don't stack up with the journeys.  Not only the above but they don't stack up from Donna Jagger's WS where she claims she was to picked up by Rolfe from Lakeside shopping centre or their nearby home in Chafford Hundred at 7pm for the night out in Romford. 

Rolfe CCTV at Lakeside at 6pm to collect Tucker at Fobbing is 19 mins

Fobbing to Tate at Basildon is 9 mins

Basildon to Halfway House is 14 mins

Halfway House to Rettendon is 21 mins

Total 63 mins and that's without doing anything at Rettendon and return journey

Offline sika

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2019, 06:32:42 AM »
The following is an excerpt from the CoA doc re Nicholls' account of the murders:

In the weeks that followed Nicholls went about his normal business. This included carrying out electrical work for Steele on his property. On 6 December Nicholls was doing some plumbing and labouring work for someone else in the Sunbury area, west of London. In the middle of the day there was telephone contact between Nicholls, who was still in Sunbury, and Steele, who was at or near Colchester. Nicholls left Sunbury in the early afternoon and drove to Essex via the M25 and M11. The arrangement was that Nicholls would meet Steele at Marks Tey at 5.00 o'clock. Steele arrived late driving a Toyota. They waited for Whomes who arrived in a Volkswagen Passat. It became apparent that Steele and Whomes had arranged a meeting with Tate. Steele said that its purpose was a drugs deal. From Marks Tey Steele and Nicholls travelled in the Toyota and Whomes followed in the Passat. Both vehicles stopped at a country park at which point Nicholls joined Whomes in the Passat which Nicholls then drove. Whomes told Nicholls to drive to the Halfway House public house and park. When they arrived the Toyota was there and Whomes told Nicholls to park at a distance from it. A Range Rover then arrived and parked next to the Toyota. Whomes said that it was Tate in the Range Rover. Whomes then directed Nicholls along the A130 close to the village of Rettenden. He indicated a farm track whereupon Nicholls drove in and turned the car round. Whomes got out of the car, told Nicholls to go elsewhere and await a phone call to pick Whomes up at the same place. Whomes took a canvas bag and a coat from the back of the car. Nicholls drove to a nearby public house, The Wheatsheaf. There he saw that his mobile phone signal was poor so he drove off and parked again in Meadow Road. Before very long Whomes telephoned to be picked up. Nicholls drove back to the farm track. At first he did not see anyone but Whomes arrived and went into the back of the car. Whomes said that Steele would not be long but had dropped something. Steele then arrived and sat in the front passenger seat. When the interior light came on, Nicholls noticed that Whomes was wearing surgical-type gloves and that they were speckled with red. It soon became apparent to Nicholls that the point of the rendezvous with Tate and his associates had not been a drugs transaction but had been murder. No sooner had Steele got into the car and told Nicholls to drive away than he said "They won't f..k with us again." Steele handed over some parts of a gun to Whomes. Whomes said Steele had fired it and it had fallen apart. Nicholls was directed to drive to another public house where the Toyota had been parked. Steele described how he had been in the farm track with Tate when Tate's mobile had received an incoming call from Sarah Saunders. It had taken Steele by surprise because it was an affectionate call, whereas Steele was under the impression that Sarah Saunders wanted nothing more to do with Tate. Steele described Whomes as cold-hearted because of the ruthlessness with which he had shot the three occupants of the Range Rover. Whomes had then reloaded his weapon and, without emotion, shot them each again in the back of the head. Eventually Steele took Nicholls back to Marks Tey where Nicholls' own car was parked. He continued to see Steele and Whomes after that but the contact was less. He also continued to do work at Steele's property. Some time later, Steele had described the three deceased as "horrible b......s", his attitude being that he had done the world a favour by getting rid of them. Steele or Whomes said that the gun had been ground up and been thrown into the sea. Steele had burned the overalls and boots which he and Whomes had worn.

So according to the above Nicholls, Steele and Whomes (NSW) met at Marks Tey at 5pm.  It states Steele arrived late and then Whomes turned up.  No idea how late was late and/or what time NSW departed Marks Tey.  I will assume 5pm.  They then travelled to a country park where Nicholls left Steele and joined Whomes with the two cars then travelling to the Halfway House (CM13 3LL) with the final destination Rettendon:

5 pm @ Marks Tey to CM13 3LL = 45 mins

CM13 3LL to Rettendon = 21 mins @ 6.07pm

The times for Rolfe, Tate and Tucker (RTT):

Rolfe's Range Rover is on CCTV leaving Lakeside at 6pm.  By all accounts he picked up Tucker from Fobbing and Tate from Basildon then on to the Halfway House (CM13 3LL) to meet Steele.

6pm @ Lakeside to Fobbing 19 mins

Fobbing to Basildon = 9 mins

Basildon to Halfway House = 14 mins

Halfway House to Rettendon = 21 mins @ 7.03pm

So based on the journey times it seems Nicholls is about an hour out!?

I know the area well as my bestie lives in Brentwood and when I first skimmed thru it I thought the times don't stack up with the journeys.  Not only the above but they don't stack up from Donna Jagger's WS where she claims she was to picked up by Rolfe from Lakeside shopping centre or their nearby home in Chafford Hundred at 7pm for the night out in Romford. 

Rolfe CCTV at Lakeside at 6pm to collect Tucker at Fobbing is 19 mins

Fobbing to Tate at Basildon is 9 mins

Basildon to Halfway House is 14 mins

Halfway House to Rettendon is 21 mins

Total 63 mins and that's without doing anything at Rettendon and return journey
Rolfe, Tate and Tucker all left Lakeside together after having a meal at TGI Fridays.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2019, 09:09:19 AM »
Rolfe, Tate and Tucker all left Lakeside together after having a meal at TGI Fridays.

According to Donna Jagger's WS she states Rolfe dropped her off at Lakeside at 5.45pm (recorded on CCTV leaving Lakeside at 6pm) to pick up Tucker from his home.  The meal at TGI Friday's appears to have been sometime earlier:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6020.msg508993#msg508993

We were going out because they believed they were coming into money and they were going to have a pre-celebration. Graig phoned me at work in the afternoon and told me that Mickey STEELE had contacted Pat TATE and said that he wanted to meet with TATE and TUCKER to go and look at somewhere they could land a light aircraft. Craig mentioned to me that they had been to or were going to, I can't remember which, to the T.G.I. Fridays restaurant at Lakeside. I later found out that this had been TATE, TUCKER, and Craig and a person railed Peter CUTHBERT.

I do not know why they met or what was discussed. I left work at 1500 hours that day and went home. The meal at Romford was booked for 2000 hours. I was busy wrapping Christmas presents when Craig returned home with our daughter Georgie. We were at home together for about an hour and a half. Craig told me that I was to be ready for 1900 hours to go out. He was going with the others to look at the air strip and then would come to collect me.

Craig wanted me to have something new to wear for the evening and took me to the Lakeside shopping centre at 1745 hours. He was driving the Range Rover and left me to go and pick Tony TUCKER up. Craig told me that he was going because he didn't want Tony to be in a position to say that he hadn't had any part in the arranging. I also understood that Craig was going to collect Tony TUCKER from his home and they were going to meet TATE and STEELE later. I did not have contact from Craig, TATE or TUCKER after this point.

Do you have any knowledge about the person she refers to as Peter Cuthbert?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2019, 09:29:36 AM »
I think the police could have done a much, much better job of tracking the murdered trio along with Nicholls and those subsequently convicted of the murders during their last hours on planet earth and creating accurate timelines but for whatever reason(s) this does not appear to have happened.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2019, 10:18:40 AM »
Donna Jagger's WS also refers to a Barry Doorman who it seems was a used car salesman  ?>)()< and former police officer along with being a good friend to Tate.  Doorman and his wife were part of the group who went over to Holland to assist bringing back the cash refund from supplier John Stone in respect of the dodgy cannabis.  According to Doorman all was well between Steele and Tait:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2604343.stm

As I said previously I don't see the motive for Steele/Whomes to want to take out Tate let alone the others? 

Nicholls, Steele, Tate and Whomes all met in Hollesley Bay Prison:

Nicholls - Counterfeiting
Steele - Importing drugs (I believe)
Tate - Armed robbery
Whomes - Car fraud

Gravitating from the above to mass murder is a big leap.  I just don't see the motive?  And there's no evidence Steele/Whomes were violent.  Steele had a common law wife and lived close to his mother.  Whomes was a family man married with children whose family (mother, brother and sister) appear to have been very supportive during his long incarceration.  I'm sure there are some cases where such people from these sorts of background commit mass murder but all these little things along with the lack of evidence lead me to doubt the conviction.

I'm certainly not saying Steele/Whomes were not responsible but at the moment I'm not seeing the evidence and Nicholls account doesn't appear to stack up.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »
Another reason I doubt the convictions is that the detective that led the investigation Det Supt Ivan Dibley sounds half-witted imo.  He comes out with daft statements like the trio knew their assassin(s) as they were found unarmed.  Clearly the assassin(s) may have relieved them of any firearm(s) so the fact they were found unarmed doesn't mean anything.  I will find the vid when I have time.

Meantime here he is driving his Volvo  8)><( along the A130  @ 9.30 in insisting this is the route the Range Rover took at approx 6pm which he has no evidence for.  Afaik the only cctv footage amounts to Rolfe's Range Rover leaving Lakeside at 6pm.  So how can the Range Rover be at 2 places miles apart at the same time?  Moreover if Donna Jagger and Nicholls are to be believed the Range Rover left Lakeside at 6pm (confirmed by CCTV footage).  It then went to collect Tucker in Fobbing  (Donna Jagger) (and it appears to collect Tate at Basildon?).  It then went to the Halfway House near Brentwood where Steele joined the murdered trio in the Range Rover for forward journey to Rettendon/Workhouse Lane (Nicholls).  According to AA route planner the journey from Halfway house to Rettendon would cross over the A130 so where's the evidence for the Range Rover travelling along the A130?  Numerous routes exist and it may have taken back roads.  In any event if Donna Jagger and Nicholls are to be believed the Range Rover wound not have arrived at Workhouse Lane until just gone 7pm.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2019, 12:09:29 PM »
What would be the reason for any of the 6 to head over to the Brentwood area? 

According to Nicholls he met with Steele and Whomes at Marks Tey.  This would sound about right as I believe at the time Nicholls was living in Braintree with Steele at Great Bentley and Jack Whomes (the only one who lived outside Essex) at Brockford, Suffolk.  Marks Tey would be the ideal meeting point for all 3 to travel down into Essex.  But assuming they were going to meet Rolfe who left Lakeside to collect Tucker from Fobbing (and Tate from Basildon) to recce a potential landing strip at Rettendon why would they all go out of their way to the Brentwood area to collect Steele to then go to Rettendon?   

Offline Holly Goodhead