Author Topic: No Interview This Anniversary ?  (Read 29726 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: No Interview This Anniversary ?
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2018, 09:20:00 AM »
So she didn’t actually say “I forgive the abductor” and acknowledged that without an abductor showing remorse it would be harder to forgive.

She told the Daily Telegraph: ‘I think I could probably forgive Madeleine’s abductor whatever the circumstances. I don’t know whether it’s simply because I’m stronger or because there’s no benefit in not forgiving someone.
'I can’t change anything and I don’t want to be eaten up by hatred and bitterness.
'And maybe there is an element of pity - what kind of person could do something like this? Of course, forgiveness will always be easier if there is remorse.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2310279/Madeleine-McCanns-mother-Kate-says-forgive-Maddies-abductor.html#ixzz5Fvpx4pnn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

‘ No matter what the circumstances ‘ !! So if the abductor has abducted her daughter for their own sadistic pleasure and has abused her every day during her captivity she could ‘ probably’ forgive them. Really ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2018, 02:34:15 PM »
‘ No matter what the circumstances ‘ !! So if the abductor has abducted her daughter for their own sadistic pleasure and has abused her every day during her captivity she could ‘ probably’ forgive them. Really ?
Who knows what you may be able to do until you’re actually in that situation?  Stephen Lawrence’s father has forgiven the b......s who knifed his son to death in a racially motivated unprovoked attack.  Who knows, Kate may also be able to forgive Amaral too, in time.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2018, 02:53:03 PM »
Who knows what you may be able to do until you’re actually in that situation?  Stephen Lawrence’s father has forgiven the b......s who knifed his son to death in a racially motivated unprovoked attack.  Who knows, Kate may also be able to forgive Amaral too, in time.

Nothing to forgive him for - should be the other way round imo

Offline Brietta

« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2018, 04:07:33 PM »

Topic, please.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2018, 07:21:04 PM »

Why doesn't he do that then?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2018, 11:16:44 PM »

Stephen Lawrence’s father forgave his killers long, long after Stephen’s murder, not months after while his child was still missing and possibly being hurt by the subject of his forgiveness.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2018, 07:16:10 AM »
Stephen Lawrence’s father forgave his killers long, long after Stephen’s murder, not months after while his child was still missing and possibly being hurt by the subject of his forgiveness.
Surely it is the act of forgiving those that have hurt your child that is relevant to my point, not the date on which you feel able to forgive?  In any case, as I said before Kate only speculated that she would be able to forgive, and maybe (if you think about it) she only said it in the hope that whoever had Madeleine would have his conscience pricked by her words and give her up. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2018, 08:22:34 AM »
Why doesn't he do that then?

Seems like he has - he keeps a dignified silence.

Would have been a good start - if they did had done that at the anniversary.

After all she could forgive the abductor it seems.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2018, 09:06:07 AM »
“Forgiveness is healing. It leads you towards greater health and wholeness. Unfortunately, there is no shortcut to learning how to forgive. Finding a way to plant the seed of intention for forgiveness allows it to germinate in its own time, in its own way. When you are gentle, loving and patient toward yourself through the process, the intention of forgiveness will find a way to flower on its own”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/sura-flow/forgiveness_b_2317996.html

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2018, 10:31:12 AM »
“Forgiveness is healing. It leads you towards greater health and wholeness. Unfortunately, there is no shortcut to learning how to forgive. Finding a way to plant the seed of intention for forgiveness allows it to germinate in its own time, in its own way. When you are gentle, loving and patient toward yourself through the process, the intention of forgiveness will find a way to flower on its own”

Hogwash!

You quote Stephen Lawrence's dad why not the Moors slaughtered childrens killers?.

The opportunity was there to offer forgiveness to all she spewed her hatred towards on this anniversary also to thank the the OG AND the PJ for continuing their search.

Kate wrote in her book her imagined state of her daughters genitalia (As a GP she would be more than most aware or the evidence of sexual abuse to a child). You are saying in the early stages of her being missing a paedophile gang would be even remotely interested in her forgiveness? seriously? AND then slag off the police and community who searched for her daughter and wanted the coordinator to feel fear? WTF...

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2018, 11:18:01 AM »

Hogwash!

You quote Stephen Lawrence's dad why not the Moors slaughtered childrens killers?.

The opportunity was there to offer forgiveness to all she spewed her hatred towards on this anniversary also to thank the the OG AND the PJ for continuing their search.

Kate wrote in her book her imagined state of her daughters genitalia (As a GP she would be more than most aware or the evidence of sexual abuse to a child). You are saying in the early stages of her being missing a paedophile gang would be even remotely interested in her forgiveness? seriously? AND then slag off the police and community who searched for her daughter and wanted the coordinator to feel fear? WTF...
Perhaps you could tell me what part of the quote I referenced is "hogwash", in your opinion?  Furthermore, there are many examples of parents forgiving the rapists and killers of their children on the net if you care to look, I suppose they're all talking hogwash too, in your opinion?  Finally, this is the second time in recent days you have referenced Kate's passage in her book about her daughter's genatalia - you seem quite determined to introduce this into the discussion wherever possible - is there any need for this, if so what?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2018, 11:30:41 AM »

So forgiveness for so called abductor who robbed them of maddie of her life growing up etc etc - there life etc etc.

But no forgiveness for G A

Seems he did more to them than abductor - or reputation imo

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2018, 11:42:43 AM »

So forgiveness for so called abductor who robbed them of maddie of her life growing up etc etc - there life etc etc.

But no forgiveness for G A

Seems he did more to them than abductor - or reputation imo
We don't know whether or not the McCanns have forgiven Amaral - they haven't said anything on the subject of forgiveness a propos that particular individual in recent years s far as I'm aware. 

Offline kizzy

« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2018, 11:54:32 AM »
We don't know whether or not the McCanns have forgiven Amaral - they haven't said anything on the subject of forgiveness a propos that particular individual in recent years s far as I'm aware.

No they have done a lot more - they don't have to say anything ...its there actions.

Any interview they would give anniversary or other - don't think forgiveness would be top of the list or even on the page.

Sseems G A has done more to them than abductor has. imo

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2018, 12:14:11 PM »
Perhaps you could tell me what part of the quote I referenced is "hogwash", in your opinion?  Furthermore, there are many examples of parents forgiving the rapists and killers of their children on the net if you care to look, I suppose they're all talking hogwash too, in your opinion?  Finally, this is the second time in recent days you have referenced Kate's passage in her book about her daughter's genatalia - you seem quite determined to introduce this into the discussion wherever possible - is there any need for this, if so what?

If they had forgiven Sr Amaral, why not use this anniversary to tell their adoring fan base or to tell Amaral they were wrong?

It is hogwash because you are either a forgiving person or you are not!...

Re Kate's book and quote. I find it very interesting that she should describe MBMs suspected injury in such detail. Is there a literary requirement for this?

In the context of her being all forgiving of an abductor who is capable of hurting her daughter in this way beggars belief actually.

They cannot remove themselves from an abductor story-  this is their claim, not mine, and they claim she was abducted by a suspected paedophile gang- in light of this, I find their behaviour regarding this whole business to be very strange indeed.

Can you tell me why I shouldn't quote parts of  Kates book which I find nauseating? (I never read it- it was my friend in child protection who brought it up one morning)or should I just quote the nice bits? Or how about

"KM writes about one of her earlier encounters, when Luis Neves seemed quite compliant, that, “My frustration with their lack of progress, combined with what they were actually telling us about him, whipped up a storm of fury in me that was completely out of character. It seems to me now as if for several months I was possessed by some demonic alien that infiltrated my thoughts and filled me with anger and hatred. I needed a face on which to pin all this rage, someone to blame.”

http://blacksmithbureau.blogspot.com.tr/2018/05/that-bus-doesnt-stop-no-more.html?m=1

« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:35:31 PM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin