Author Topic: Dewani Lawyers Request CPS Trial  (Read 7297 times)

AnneGuedes

Re: Dewani Lawyers Request CPS Trial
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 12:50:36 AM »
Lots of gays marry for the sake of being married and have not people snooping in their life. Many marry women with whom they get on well and even have children. Usually the wives know let them have a double life.
I'm not convinced he planned what happened. He certainly planned something that became very wrong.

Offline Luz

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 05:13:48 PM »
Lots of gays marry for the sake of being married and have not people snooping in their life. Many marry women with whom they get on well and even have children. Usually the wives know let them have a double life.
I'm not convinced he planned what happened. He certainly planned something that became very wrong.

Anni didn't look the sort of woman that would agree to live a double life with a gay husband, but we don't know if he was gay....
And I agree with you that he didn't plan what happened, or better how it ended. But I'm inclined to believe that he felt pressured enough to get rid of her, especially when it was referred that immediately after the marriage Anni was already considering divorce. She would have left him in a matter of weeks....

There was definitely a  plan with those criminals that were arrested, but I think they didn't live up to the arrangement and made a mess that led to their arrest and to his exposition.
The Panorama documentary, as usual, in order to bash South African judicial system, tried to diminish the  eventual involvement of the victim's husband in her murder.
I don't know how the British and South African legal systems work towards nonimputability by cause of mental illness, but post traumatic stress and psychotic episodes can only count if they happen during a murder event. However extreme depression or anxiety, if incapacitating (which would have to be certified by psychiatric experts) can be used to avoid the presence of the individual at the trial sessions, but in that case he would be represented by a lawyer.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 02:54:47 AM »

What lends credence to this closet gay theory?

There seems to have been a great deal of talk about it in the press (not any kind of proof, I know), which has been substantiated by at least one man coming forward claiming to have had a relationship with him.

As I mentioned on another thread, I was closely connected in real life with a case where a man tricked a woman into marrying him in order to cover up his homosexual lifestyle (mainly for 'religious' reasons). She survived with her life but only just - and still fears for it after divorce. Many other parallels  between these two cases; so many it's   almost spooky. Again, not proof. But that's the main reason I'm interested in the case.

PS> Sorry it has taken me so long to answer your post, Carana. Can't believe it is a month since I was last on this thread. Holidays, busy life and all that. Apologies again! bw, Sherlock.