Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 502487 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #2670 on: May 17, 2019, 04:32:40 PM »
All 3 were handwritten.

We signed all 3.

and as you speak spanish and english you understood all 3
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 04:38:01 PM by Davel »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2671 on: May 17, 2019, 04:35:52 PM »
I take it you were not dealing with a life changing incident such as your daughter disappearing from her bed? 

I think the circumstances both witnesses and the police faced in Praia da Luz merited a more professional approach than was given.
The fact that one of the first issues that Rebelo had to deal with was clearing up the mess he inherited from Amaral I think goes to prove that by Portuguese standards the initial task of record keeping just wasn't up to scratch.

How could anyone have confidence in a system such as that?

Snip
Paulo Rebelo, the new police chief leading the Madeleine McCann investigation, is furious at how it was left in disarray by his predecessor.
According to reports, officers have spent the past fortnight processing information left lying around on scraps of paper and following leads ignored by police working under Chief Inspector Goncalo Amaral.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-488802/Madeleine-New-police-chiefs-fury-mess-inherited-predecessor.html

An alleged report from an anonymous source, leaking information from the investigation, something I believe you may have previously criticised.

How extraordinary!
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2672 on: May 17, 2019, 04:52:00 PM »
I can see why you are confused now...when they wrote it down...they recorded what you said....when I say recorded im using in its wider sense...you are assuning I mean audio or video recording...im not....

in the Uk the language the statement is recorded in...depends on the nationality of the witness.

No.  I was there.  You were not.

I'm not assuming you meant audio or video recording, though you have banged on about such since I joined the forum.

Do you think that UK police record a statement from someone who speaks Swahili in Swahili?  Or Chinese in Chinese?

Time to get up to date with 2019.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2673 on: May 17, 2019, 04:56:54 PM »
No.  I was there.  You were not.

I'm not assuming you meant audio or video recording, though you have banged on about such since I joined the forum.

Do you think that UK police record a statement from someone who speaks Swahili in Swahili?  Or Chinese in Chinese?

Time to get up to date with 2019.
ive never banged on about such... but as you get so much wrong we dont need a cite....
yes...if a witness speaks swahili...that satement will be written down...recorded...in swahili...ditto chinese..the witness signs teh statement in the language they understand

those statements will then be translated into english and both accounts kept on record....

cites have been provided many times

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2674 on: May 17, 2019, 05:08:00 PM »
ive never banged on about such... but as you get so much wrong we dont need a cite....
yes...if a witness speaks swahili...that satement will be written down...recorded...in swahili...ditto chinese..the witness signs teh statement in the language they understand

those statements will then be translated into english and both accounts kept on record....

cites have been provided many times

Obviously you are not up to date in current UK procedure.

Thankfully, it matters not a jot, as the incident occurred in ........ where was it?
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2675 on: May 17, 2019, 05:13:25 PM »

Thankfully, it matters not a jot, as the incident occurred in ........ where was it?
current UK procedure is exactly as Ive described it...its very easy to show you dont have aclue what you are talking about
Im absolutely up to date..its you who is ignorant...its been discussed many times here...Im surprised you dont remember..Ill provide  a cite later to show how out of touch you are

what I can also tell you is taht none of the witness stateemnts can be used against the mccanns ....so it doesnt raelly matter...anything else you need to know...

HHJ Kaye QC in Re Phoneer [2002] 2 BCLC 241 said, "if the witness does not speak English, the witness statement will be in that person's own language, which must then be translated and the translation filed and verified in accordance with paragraph 23 [of PD 32]". This procedure was supported by HHJ Gore QC in the case of Hussain v Naqui (2014) when the claimant was ordered to serve fresh witness evidence "written in a language that they can understand".

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 05:17:35 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2676 on: May 17, 2019, 05:21:48 PM »

Kindly outline current UK procedure for us then.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2677 on: May 17, 2019, 05:28:42 PM »
current UK procedure is exactly as Ive described it...its very easy to show you dont have aclue what you are talking about
Im absolutely up to date..its you who is ignorant...its been discussed many times here...Im surprised you dont remember..Ill provide  a cite later to show how out of touch you are

what I can also tell you is taht none of the witness stateemnts can be used against the mccanns ....so it doesnt raelly matter...anything else you need to know...

Try watching some TV.  You'll see how reality works.

By the way, don't try sticking a hidden response in a message to me again.  Only a donkey does that.

PS.  Not the 'I'll supply a cite later" ploy either.  It is as worn out as "I gave a cite 2 weeks ago".

Please change the record.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2678 on: May 17, 2019, 05:34:37 PM »

By the way, don't try sticking a hidden response in a message to me again.  Only a donkey does that.

PS.  Not the 'I'll supply a cite later" ploy either.  It is as worn out as "I gave a cite 2 weeks ago".

try watching some tv....are you serious.......

Im going out now...ive supplied countless cites before and will again alter...

as for the donkey...theres only one part of me taht has any similrity...and lets say... Ive never had any complaints

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2679 on: May 17, 2019, 05:37:51 PM »
try watching some tv....are you serious.......

Im going out now...ive supplied countless cites before and will again alter...

as for the donkey...theres only one part of me taht has any similrity...and lets say... Ive never had any complaints
@)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2680 on: May 17, 2019, 05:38:58 PM »

What TV shows do you recommend?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2681 on: May 17, 2019, 05:42:53 PM »
What TV shows do you recommend?

How about one of the ones that show 'live' footage of interviews in the UK?  Take your pick!
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2682 on: May 17, 2019, 05:44:34 PM »

Any witness statement taken from a person who has difficulty in speaking or understanding English should be recorded in the foreign language and signed by the witness.  It should include the declaration prescribed in Section 9(2)(b) Criminal Justice Act 1967.   Witness statements for the purpose of Section 5A(3)(a) and 5B of the Magistrates’ Court Act 1980, must be the statement of the witness and not a translation of what was said by the interpreter – R v Raynor, Times Law Reports, 19 September 2000.

www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/interpreters

you obviously havent got a clue

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2683 on: May 17, 2019, 05:45:32 PM »
How about one of the ones that show 'live' footage of interviews in the UK?  Take your pick!

you obviously havent learnt anything from them...my cites on the post above

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2684 on: May 17, 2019, 05:49:14 PM »
And they show foreigners giving statements and the procedures that are adopted while recording them do they?   Please can you give me just one example, ta.