Author Topic: The last video taken of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 66080 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The last video taken of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #375 on: July 22, 2018, 07:33:14 PM »
When my two year old sister uttered the line “piss off raspberries” when encouraged to eat a bowl of said fruit, it cracked us all up and became a family favourite phrase from that moment on.  We’re ever such a nice middle class family too don’t you know, despite my mother’s predilection for somewhat colourful language.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #376 on: July 22, 2018, 07:52:09 PM »
When my two year old sister uttered the line “piss off raspberries” when encouraged to eat a bowl of said fruit, it cracked us all up and became a family favourite phrase from that moment on.  We’re ever such a nice middle class family too don’t you know, despite my mother’s predilection for somewhat colourful language.

Briliant!  @)(++(*
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #377 on: July 22, 2018, 08:09:46 PM »
How people get their knickers in a twist over one swear word.  People swear.  It doesn’t mean they are evil, body occulters. Get over it.  FFS.

It's the double standards that interest me. People who swear in front of their kids often wouldn't do it in front of their kid's teachers. People who swear in front of their friends wouldn't do it at work. If swearing is acceptable why not do it all the time regardless of the situation or company?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #378 on: July 22, 2018, 08:13:27 PM »
It's the double standards that interest me. People who swear in front of their kids often wouldn't do it in front of their kid's teachers. People who swear in front of their friends wouldn't do it at work. If swearing is acceptable why not do it all the time regardless of the situation or company?

Because it is acceptable in certain situations but not others to some of us...it's a simple as that.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:07:41 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #379 on: July 22, 2018, 08:36:48 PM »
Because it is acceptable in certain situations but not others to some of us...it's a simple as that.

So using swear words is only acceptable in certain situations, you say. In that case it might be sensible not to use the words in front of children who don't understand context and may repeat the words at any time and in any place.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:08:00 PM by slartibartfast »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #380 on: July 22, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »
So using swear words is only acceptable in certain situations, you say. In that case it might be sensible not to use the words in front of children who don't understand context and may repeat the words at any time and in any place.

do you have proof gerry swore in front of the children...I havent seen any...cite required

Offline Sunny

« Reply #381 on: July 22, 2018, 08:44:22 PM »
do you have proof gerry swore in front of the children...I havent seen any...cite required

hahaha Sorry.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #382 on: July 22, 2018, 08:58:56 PM »

I never said he did, so no cite required. I was thinking of a friend who's child swore at a stranger in a shop because he was too young to understand context, he just repeated what he had heard.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #383 on: July 22, 2018, 09:01:03 PM »
I never said he did, so no cite required. I was thinking of a friend who's child swore at a stranger in a shop because he was too young to understand context, he just repeated what he had heard.

so there is no confirmation gerry swore...just more speculation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #384 on: July 22, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »
There are plenty of things that I might do in front of the kids that I wouldn’t do in front of their teachers or my work colleagues.  I don’t consider it double standards at all.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #385 on: July 22, 2018, 09:44:32 PM »

Are you serious?  ... he's Irish  @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #386 on: July 22, 2018, 09:51:08 PM »
And did the world stopon its axis?  I first became aware of the F word when I saw it written on a swing in the neighbourhood playground and when kids would flick the V sign at each other.  I saw a man do this on TV and announced to my parents that he’d just “done a f..k siign”.  Needless to say this didn’t go down too well with them as I was only 6 or 7 at the time, but at the end of the day no great disaster.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #387 on: July 22, 2018, 10:25:27 PM »
Get real.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #388 on: July 22, 2018, 10:26:04 PM »
And did the world stopon its axis?  I first became aware of the F word when I saw it written on a swing in the neighbourhood playground and when kids would flick the V sign at each other.  I saw a man do this on TV and announced to my parents that he’d just “done a f..k siign”.  Needless to say this didn’t go down too well with them as I was only 6 or 7 at the time, but at the end of the day no great disaster.

As you say, most parents correct their children if they pick up bad language outside the home. How do you correct them if they've picked it up inside the home without being hypocritical, I wonder.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #389 on: July 22, 2018, 10:28:57 PM »
As you say, most parents correct their children if they pick up bad language outside the home. How do you correct them if they've picked it up inside the home without being hypocritical, I wonder.
You get them to say "Yes Daddy"  rather than "Yeah".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.