Author Topic: The last video taken of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 66077 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: The last video taken of Madeleine McCann.
« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2018, 10:29:16 PM »
As you say, most parents correct their children if they pick up bad language outside the home. How do you correct them if they've picked it up inside the home without being hypocritical, I wonder.
You say “do as I say, not as I do” like most parents do, and don’t overly concern yourself if your kids think your a raving hypocrite.  Parents ARE hypocrites, most of the time (apart from the perfect ones, that is).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2018, 10:32:34 PM »
You say “do as I say, not as I do” like most parents do, and don’t overly concern yourself if your kids think your a raving hypocrite.  Parents ARE hypocrites, most of the time (apart from the perfect ones, that is).

I don't know any perfect parents so I suppose I can't comment on that but as for swearing, there was a little boy at a birthday party I was at recently. He effed and swore throughout the party (he was around 5) and his parents thought it was hilarious but no one else did.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »

Were your parents hypocrites?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #393 on: July 22, 2018, 10:41:49 PM »
Were your parents hypocrites?
Of course!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #394 on: July 22, 2018, 10:50:29 PM »
A young family moved into a house next door to an empty plot. One day, a gang of building workers turned up to start building on the plot.

The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and started talking with the workers.

She hung around and eventually the builders, all with hearts of gold, more or less adopted the little girl as a sort of project mascot. They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had tea and lunch breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.

They even gave the child her very own hard hat and gloves, which thrilled her immensely.

At the end of the first week, the smiling builders presented her with a pay envelope - containing two pounds in 10p coins. The little girl took her 'pay' home to her mother who suggested that they take the money to the bank the next day to open a savings account.

At the bank, the female cashier was tickled pink listening to the little girl telling her about her 'work' on the building site and the fact she had a 'pay packet'.

'You must have worked very hard to earn all this', said the cashier.

The little girl proudly replied, 'Yes, I worked every day with Steve and Wayne and Mike. We're building a big house.'

'My goodness gracious,' said the cashier, 'And will you be working on the house again next week?'

The child thought for a moment. Then she said seriously:

'I think so. Provided those w.......s at Jewsons deliver the f..king bricks on time.'
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #395 on: July 23, 2018, 11:11:46 AM »
Of course!

Me too. I therefore tried to avoid doing it with my kids. 'Do as I say not as I do' was never a valid statement in my house except as a joke. Children learn by example, not by being dictated to.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #396 on: July 23, 2018, 11:32:06 AM »

Me too. I therefore tried to avoid doing it with my kids. 'Do as I say not as I do' was never a valid statement in my house except as a joke. Children learn by example, not by being dictated to.
I never used it either IIRC.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2018, 12:21:13 PM »
I don't know any perfect parents so I suppose I can't comment on that but as for swearing, there was a little boy at a birthday party I was at recently. He effed and swore throughout the party (he was around 5) and his parents thought it was hilarious but no one else did.

Yes, I know that to happen and some parents apologise and chastise the child, others encourage it and bad behaviour by laughing it off.

Gerry, was  on a public bus, other parents may not have wanted their children to be open to that kind of talk. It was as if he was playing to adult humour- forgetting children were there... self centred comes to mind and his arrogance is apparent when looking at this video.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Erngath

« Reply #398 on: July 23, 2018, 12:36:29 PM »
Yes, I know that to happen and some parents apologise and chastise the child, others encourage it and bad behaviour by laughing it off.

Gerry, was  on a public bus, other parents may not have wanted their children to be open to that kind of talk. It was as if he was playing to adult humour- forgetting children were there... self centred comes to mind and his arrogance is apparent when looking at this video.

You can be anywhere in public with your children and they might overhear a naughty word.
All the parents would have to do in this instance is say
Darlings do you see that "self centred" and "arrogant" man using that naughty word, don't you use that naughty word. ^*&&
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #399 on: July 23, 2018, 12:45:01 PM »

You can be anywhere in public with your children and they might overhear a naughty word.
All the parents would have to do in this instance is say
Darlings do you see that "self centred" and "arrogant" man using that naughty word, don't you use that naughty word. ^*&&

It shows a lack or manners or concern for other passengers and their families,therefore arrogant and self centered- and I can assure you I have said out loud in laddish company on a train 'language please children here'

As I have said  the McCanns  and their supporters trying to make them out to be what they are not. Middle class and very posh not to be challenged on anything because they perceived as such  important people.  ^*&& (&^& 8(>((
IN YOUR OPINION.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:12:42 PM by Robittybob1 »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Erngath

« Reply #400 on: July 23, 2018, 01:10:23 PM »
It shows a lack or manners or concern for other passengers and their families,therefore arrogant and self centered- and I can assure you I have said out loud in laddish company on a train 'language please children here'

As I have said  the McCanns  and their supporters trying to make them out to be what they are not. Middle class and very posh not to be challenged on anything because they perceived as such  important people.  ^*&& (&^& 8(>((

I've never claimed the McCanns are posh and middle class, you are the one obsessed by this class business.
And it has yet to be proved to my satisfaction that Gerry did use that naughty word.
He most certainly is not the one saying oop  a day or oops a daisy.
 (&^&
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2018, 04:56:44 PM »

IN YOUR OPINION.

They are working class made good.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #402 on: July 23, 2018, 05:14:26 PM »

I kimd of predicted that would be your reply.  I’ll bet neither you nor your husband ever smoked or drank alcohol in front of the kids either.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #403 on: July 23, 2018, 05:17:32 PM »
They are working class made good.
That might be the nicest thing you’ve ever said about the McCanns. @)(++(*

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #404 on: July 23, 2018, 06:07:57 PM »
I kimd of predicted that would be your reply.  I’ll bet neither you nor your husband ever smoked or drank alcohol in front of the kids either.

What makes you think that? Our children often went with us for a Sunday lunchtime drink and smoking was a perfectly acceptable accompaniment to a drink at the time. They had crisps and a drink and sat down and behaved themselves.
Result = happy posting.