Author Topic: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?  (Read 136734 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Did Brenda Leyland Have the Right to Due Process ?
« Reply #2040 on: November 08, 2018, 06:25:45 PM »
You don’t ?
Bless, how naive.

No, I don't believe for one moment that any comments on online media articles reflect the opinion of the UK public.
For example, when race hate incidents are recorded on online media articles, the comments are often in full support of those who have been involved and also said comments seem to be allowed and certainly not subjected to any form of censure.
I've read dreadfully racist and homophobic comments on the comments allowed on online media articles.
I really hope the comments I've read on various online media articles do not represent the views of the UK public.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2041 on: November 08, 2018, 06:26:42 PM »
However to have a law degree and to break the law in what was a rather basic rule of law that is  lying and therefore committing perjury does seem rather naive.

It seems rather criminal to me.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2042 on: November 08, 2018, 06:27:57 PM »
It would appear only the parents and you are the slightest bit interested in the outcome.
Someone on here keeps on asking if anything has been heard yet re: the ECHR ruling, they ask the question quite regularly.  I can’t remember who it is but I know it’s not Davel or one of the McCanns...
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2043 on: November 08, 2018, 06:28:49 PM »
Oh and you.

If the comments sections of media articles are anything to go by most of the public just want the parents to go away, quietly.
But that’s not what you want is it?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly