Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535412 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1800 on: April 26, 2016, 09:17:46 PM »
It seems strange (to me) that they should make these visit on the very evening that Madeleine goes missing.
 No mention of similar visits on previous nights, just that one.

That was my very first thoughts when I read the rogs, they never mentioned bath time either, was that why David was there to help bath time?

Something just isn't right, it may not be sinister, but There is something being hidden from view. IMO
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1801 on: April 26, 2016, 09:23:16 PM »
00:44:18 1485 "Okay, and when you finished, I'm just trying to put this in order here, when you actually, when you finished and you went back to the apartment, did you say anything to Gerry about, about the fact that his family were fine' Or''

Reply "Yeah, err yeah, I haven't mentioned this before, but yes, yeah I'd certainly, when we met up I said oh yeah, you know everything's fine there, you know probably along the lines of you know you've got a bit more of a free pass you know you can carry on for a bit longer, Kate's fine without everyone you know all the children are, are happy, there's no difficulties with bath time or anything so you know, without actually saying all that just conveying to him that you know I don't think you need to err rush back, you've got a free pass for a bit longer.'

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

« Reply #1802 on: April 26, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »
00:44:18 1485 "Okay, and when you finished, I'm just trying to put this in order here, when you actually, when you finished and you went back to the apartment, did you say anything to Gerry about, about the fact that his family were fine' Or''

Reply "Yeah, err yeah, I haven't mentioned this before, but yes, yeah I'd certainly, when we met up I said oh yeah, you know everything's fine there, you know probably along the lines of you know you've got a bit more of a free pass you know you can carry on for a bit longer, Kate's fine without everyone you know all the children are, are happy, there's no difficulties with bath time or anything so you know, without actually saying all that just conveying to him that you know I don't think you need to err rush back, you've got a free pass for a bit longer.'

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DAVID-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

How did he know there was no difficulties with bath time, was David sent to 'help' with bath time ... it's all very vague

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1803 on: April 26, 2016, 10:01:14 PM »
How did he know there was no difficulties with bath time, was David sent to 'help' with bath time ... it's all very vague

No it isn't ... unless you can tell us exactly what you find vague.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

« Reply #1804 on: April 26, 2016, 10:25:41 PM »

Yes glad to tell you the vague bit.  ALL of it actually, but well lets break it down: Bear this in mind this is about a child who was allegedly abducted by paedophiles and we know what they do to little children so all seems very relaxed and unclear on answering a simple questions. About a child he was one of the last known persons to see her alive?

Reply "Yeah, err yeah, I haven't mentioned this before, but yes, yeah I'd certainly, when we met up I said oh yeah, you know everything's fine there,

Why did he go to the apartment?- we still don't know! why not mention it before?

you know probably along the lines of you know you've got a bit more of a free pass you know you can carry on for a bit longer,

he is guessing what he would have said.. why can't he just say what he said to Gerry - as the questioner asks?

Kate's fine without everyone you know all the children are, are happy,

Why wouldn't Kate be fine without everyone? who is everyone? Why did he go to the apartment? what did he say to Gerry?

there's no difficulties with bath time or anything so you know,

Was someone concerned about bathtime difficulties? Did David go to help with the children bathing? why not tell that?

without actually saying all

OK why say it if you didn't say it, tell us what you did say! Answer the bloody question it aint difficult!

WHAT DID YOU SAY TO GERRY?

that just conveying to him that you know I don't think you need to err rush back, you've got a free pass for a bit longer.'

So, what did he say? we still don't know = vague.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1805 on: April 26, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »

They said they both bathed the kids before Gerry left for tennis at 6pm so why are the Payne's suggesting that's not correct in their rogs? Fiona said Gerry told her Kate was bathing and getting the kids ready for bed.

Read this clearly Brietta.

"Gerry said, we're just absolutely knackered and Kate was getting them bathed and ready for bed."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

If true, bath time is being covered up. It's elementary   ?>)()<
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:49:44 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1806 on: April 26, 2016, 11:16:18 PM »
Part 3

Anchor João Ferreira - Gonçalo, what pressures did you feel during the investigation?

Gonçalo Amaral - The pressures were felt immediately with the consul's intervention (Bill Henderson) followed a few hours later after by the British ambassador (John Buck).

Anchor - The consul and the British ambassador?

Gonçalo Amaral - Yes, the consul called us at around 9am, 9:30am of the 4th of May, stating that the Judiciary police wasn't doing anything, that we were not doing anything, and that a different kind of intervention was needed, a diplomatic one. This did took place, the British ambassador who was at the time in Lisbon went to Portimão where he met with us, with me, with Dr. Guilhermino Encarnação, who was the director of the PJ of Faro, with Dr. Luís Neves, who was also present.

Anchor - And what was addressed in that meeting? The inaction of the Judiciary Police?

Gonçalo Amaral - Well, if you notice, immediately after that meeting, a press statement is drafted talking about an abductor, I believe that it was Dr. Guilhermino da Encarnação who read it, there and then the parents start talking about an abductor. The pressure was in that sense, to state that it was an abduction from the first moment.

Anchor - From the first moment there's the attempt to construct the narrative of abduction?

Gonçalo Amaral - From the first moment. It was almost simultaneous, that press statement of the Judiciary Police was read, if memory doesn't fail me, at the door of the PJ headquarters of Portimão...

Tânia Laranjo - Yes, at the the door of the Portimão's headquarters.

Gonçalo Amaral - ...and right away, on the other side of the headquarters, was the couple giving a press statement. The meeting with the ambassador had ended only a few minutes before.

Anchor - But when did you and the rest of the team of PJ investigators begin to have the belief that the explanation for this case could be in fact related to an accidental death concealed by the parents?

Gonçalo Amaral - When all the other lines of investigation, namely the abduction, reached a dead end. So we had to go back to the starting point. What should happen now, if the process isn't archived again, is to do what is obligatory when following a determined line of investigation. That is what we did then, we investigated a third party involvement, not of the parents but of others, which enables the press statements and that press statement of the couple, previously mentioned. That was the abduction thesis that was investigated. We came to the conclusion that an abduction wasn't possible. We started to have doubts, we started to question the statement of one person, another person that belonged to the group and was there, Jane Tanner, and the said conflicts, and lies that happened throughout. So, we couldn't go further in the investigation to the abduction thesis, we had to go back to the starting point. And when returning to the starting point, there's a new inspection to the apartment where the dogs brought by the British police were used. We were working in close cooperation with the British police, they were always with us until the day when the couple left. Then they all left. I wondered at the time what exactly they were doing here then, because one thing is to assist in an investigation and the investigation wasn't concluded when the couple left Portugal in September 2007, and they all left in the following day, "good bye, see you again, let's talk on the phone, exchange mails". We were left alone when we had already reached these conclusions along with the British police input. Earlier I spoke about the Judiciary Police's opinion, but it was also the British police's opinion who was always present and present in the investigations.

ongoing

Broadcast by CMTV, S16 EP20, CM Special: Maddie, the Mystery, April 23, 2016 - first draft

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:35:05 PM by pathfinder73 »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1807 on: April 27, 2016, 12:42:39 AM »
So Mr Amaral is stating that the UK police, who had been in Portugal assisting the PJ from the beginning, all went back to UK the day after the tourist couple returned to the UK? 

Offline sadie

« Reply #1808 on: April 27, 2016, 12:43:29 AM »
One of the abundant mccann supporter myths was that Madeleine was not searched for thoroughly.

She was, y the PJ, local residents, holidaymakers, etc.

The same can never be said of her parents.

Madeleines parents have never stopped searching.

I wonder that such a brainy bloke as you (so you tell us) could make such a massive mistake

They have used the intelligent method of searching rather than walk around PT looking in every bush and in every crack in the rocks.  After the first few days there was little point in doing that, cos every potential hiding place had been searched.

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #1809 on: April 27, 2016, 01:07:04 AM »

I wonder that such a brainy bloke as you (so you tell us) could make such a massive mistake

They have used the intelligent method of searching rather than walk around PT looking in every bush and in every crack in the rocks.  After the first few days there was little point in doing that, cos every potential hiding place had been searched.

they had time for jogging and tennis though while everyone else searched for their kid.
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1810 on: April 27, 2016, 01:11:38 AM »
they had time for jogging and tennis though while everyone else searched for their kid.
They searched despite being in shock and disbelief, but no point in physically searching the same places over and over.

They searched and still are.

... but maybe you wouldn't understand their way of searching?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1811 on: April 27, 2016, 01:17:23 AM »

So pray tell us Sadie what exactly was their "intelligent method of searching" on Sat 5th May?

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #1812 on: April 27, 2016, 01:20:02 AM »
They searched despite being in shock and disbelief, but no point in physically searching the same places over and over.

They searched and still are.

... but maybe you wouldn't understand their way of searching?

very cute if i may say so by getting everone else to do your searching while you travel around giving selective interviews.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1813 on: April 27, 2016, 01:23:18 AM »
very cute if i may say so by getting everone else to do your searching while you travel around giving selective interviews.
They used the intellectual method of getting everyone involved, so a much much larger search

... and of course they landed the big one.

are you jealous of their travel?

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #1814 on: April 27, 2016, 01:25:55 AM »
They used the intellectual method of getting everyone involved, so a much much larger search

... and of course they landed the big one.

are you jealous of their travel?

they have landed a big bill because of their greed   @)(++(*  8@??)(