Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535412 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.
« Reply #1815 on: April 27, 2016, 01:35:32 AM »
(snip) are you jealous of their travel?
Maybe you are slightly jealous of Mr Amaral's one-man legal team, funded by public donations, winning the appeal?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1816 on: April 27, 2016, 11:37:08 AM »
Fiona said;

I examined once again the declarations of Fiona Payne. In her depositions, she states that she went to the McCann apartment, around 19H00, on the 3rd of May, together with Kate. She states afterwards that, 10 minutes later, the husband arrived; it is not clear which husband she refers to.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATERINA-PAYNE-INCIDENT.htm

Was it her husband? That would fit timewise.

I think something got mangled along the way in that. Was the officer commenting on that trying to decipher a statement in Portuguese via Google translate by any chance?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1817 on: April 27, 2016, 11:54:48 AM »
I think something got mangled along the way in that. Was the officer commenting on that trying to decipher a statement in Portuguese via Google translate by any chance?

Which bit are you having trouble with?

Fiona went to the McCann apartment at 7pm with Kate McCann on 3rd May.

In her official statements Fiona says she never entered that apartment until after Madeleine's disappearance.

Discuss.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #1818 on: April 27, 2016, 11:56:45 AM »
Nine years later, he STILL hasn't understood the DNA issue, yet Corte-Real explained in his 'documentary"...  8(8-))

I recall that before we had the official report, we had a preliminary report which indicated that the fluids found in the car rented a month after the disappearance belonged to Madeleine McCann. And when the report arrived, it was no longer like that. It was said at the time that the profile with a series of alleles matched Madeleine's, yet they said that anyone in that laboratory could have contributed to that profile. So, why did it match to Madeleine's, and not, say to the US president profile? There's something very strange about that analysis, something that should be questioned, verified, investigated. I believe that when forensic analyses are done, the laboratory technician has to keep a record of what he is doing. I don't know if that was destroyed or not, but it should exist along side the report.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1819 on: April 27, 2016, 12:08:02 PM »
Which bit are you having trouble with?

Fiona went to the McCann apartment at 7pm with Kate McCann on 3rd May.

In her official statements Fiona says she never entered that apartment until after Madeleine's disappearance.

Discuss.

If that was an English statement, she wouldn't have said "the husband", would she?

If he was trying to decipher a PT statement (and for all anyone knows it could have been a draft one that he had), pronouns could have been misunderstood, for example.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1820 on: April 27, 2016, 12:15:55 PM »
They said they both bathed the kids before Gerry left for tennis at 6pm so why are the Payne's suggesting that's not correct in their rogs? Fiona said Gerry told her Kate was bathing and getting the kids ready for bed.

Read this clearly Brietta.

"Gerry said, we're just absolutely knackered and Kate was getting them bathed and ready for bed."

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

If true, bath time is being covered up. It's elementary   ?>)()<

Hmmm ... and that is your opinion of what constitutes "vague".  I know exactly what is "elementary" in your thought processes if that is the best you can do to substantiate posting yet another pejorative statement concerning events you really know little about ... unfortunately forum rules prevent me from stating what it is.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1821 on: April 27, 2016, 12:16:15 PM »
Lower court judge;

28.        (Items 27 & 28) It is proved that the facts in the book and in the documentary, concerning the investigation, are mostly facts 
       that took place in the investigation and are documented as such. 
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1822 on: April 27, 2016, 12:17:57 PM »
Nine years later, he STILL hasn't understood the DNA issue, yet Corte-Real explained in his 'documentary"...  8(8-))

I recall that before we had the official report, we had a preliminary report which indicated that the fluids found in the car rented a month after the disappearance belonged to Madeleine McCann. And when the report arrived, it was no longer like that. It was said at the time that the profile with a series of alleles matched Madeleine's, yet they said that anyone in that laboratory could have contributed to that profile. So, why did it match to Madeleine's, and not, say to the US president profile? There's something very strange about that analysis, something that should be questioned, verified, investigated. I believe that when forensic analyses are done, the laboratory technician has to keep a record of what he is doing. I don't know if that was destroyed or not, but it should exist along side the report.

why is it that we understand but amaral...the professional doesn't

stephen25000

« Reply #1823 on: April 27, 2016, 12:21:45 PM »

Have you watched Saturday's program ?

If you haven't, try.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1824 on: April 27, 2016, 12:22:39 PM »

The mysteries of "we, policemen, experts"...

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1825 on: April 27, 2016, 12:26:40 PM »

He doesn't want to understand.  Surly he can't be that thick.  Can he?

Offline Benice

« Reply #1826 on: April 27, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »
The mysteries of "we, policemen, experts"...

From memory - so I could be wrong, but didn't the Portuguese Forensic bods also understand and explain it to him as well as John Lowe? 
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline jassi

« Reply #1827 on: April 27, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »
If he wins at the Supreme Court, it won't matter one way or the other.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #1828 on: April 27, 2016, 12:40:38 PM »
From memory - so I could be wrong, but didn't the Portuguese Forensic bods also understand and explain it to him as well as John Lowe?

Yes... *sigh*. In his own 'documentary' no less.

32.58 – Professor Corte-Real, who met with the FSS experts, and saw the British scientists’ reports and work notes, explains this issue.

Dr Francisco Corte-Real
Vice President, National Forensics Institute

33.09 – When those 15 alleles are included in a mix, where beyond those 15 we can have another 30 or 40 alleles, that means that it includes biological material from several persons. And there it can be much more difficult, much more inconclusive, because we may have a mixture from several persons, including hypothetically, if that happens, we may have several persons from the same family, and that may even give us the idea, in a way, that a certain missing person may be included, and that is not conclusive.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1829 on: April 27, 2016, 01:00:10 PM »
Lower court judge;

28.        (Items 27 & 28) It is proved that the facts in the book and in the documentary, concerning the investigation, are mostly facts
       that took place in the investigation and are documented as such.

If someone had made a statement to say that the McCanns were Chinese, the "fact" is that it would be in the files. It doesn't mean that the statement is factually correct.