Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 535410 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

There is still the chance that the Portuguese Supreme Court will set right this aberrant bout of fascist flatulence by the Portuguese judiciary and restore the (perfectly proper) judgement of the court of first-instance.

But if that doesn't happen, then we can talk about the ECHR

True.
The ECHR however can make a ruling, if it goes that far, the judgment would be against The State of Portugal but the ECHR  have no power of enforcement.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

As such, I cannot see them going down that route.

Happy to be surprised though, but really doubt it.

Why do you doubt that their good name isn't worth fighting for? Would that be your attitude had you been traduced as they have?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

Why do you doubt that their good name isn't worth fighting for? Would that be your attitude had you been traduced as they have?

They did to themselves Brietta, by their behaviour.

Offline ChloeR

Since the beginning of this Amaral trial its always been about the money, no matter how much they deny it. As such, I don't see them bothering with the time it would take to keep this going when there is not a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Offline jassi

Since the beginning of this Amaral trial its always been about the money, no matter how much they deny it. As such, I don't see them bothering with the time it would take to keep this going when there is not a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Yes, they'll go as far as the Supreme Court as there's little more to lose and they might just win, but I think they'll go no further, claiming that it would distract them from their search for Madeleine.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

There is still the chance that the Portuguese Supreme Court will set right this aberrant bout of fascist flatulence by the Portuguese judiciary and restore the (perfectly proper) judgement of the court of first-instance.

But if that doesn't happen, then we can talk about the ECHR

I will let this post stand as it represents your own personal view ferryman.  It must however be pointed out that the judgement was made by some of the most qualified and senior judges in Portugal who are familiar with the law.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

Is it normal to sue for defamation without asking for damages?

When Goncalo Amaral sued Marcos Aragão Correia and António Pedro Dores for defamation did he ask for damages or was he content merely to have him (Correia) committed to an insane asylum?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:43:56 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

Because they misunderstood the alerts

It doesn't matter how they arrived at their conclusions, the point I'm making is that the team agreed on the conclusions presented in the September 2007 Interim Report, which is where Amaral's book ended. No matter how much blame is heaped on him, he didn't depart from the conclusions of the investigation.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

Didn't Paiva say In Court that Amaral's "Thesis" stopped them from following any other avenues?

Offline John

Anyone know why we are suddenly inundated with hundreds of guests from Germany looking at the Martin Ney connection with the Madeleine McCann case?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3298.msg125076#msg125076

Martin Ney
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:14:58 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

Anyone know why we are suddenly inundated with hundreds of guests from Germany looking at the Martin Ney connection with the Madeleine McCann case?

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3298.msg125076#msg125076

Martin Ney

Curious to say the least as he only had crimes against boys including the three murders.

Likewise no evidence he was in Portugal at the time.

We'll it seems, the guests have all but departed.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 10:28:26 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Montclair

Didn't Paiva say In Court that Amaral's "Thesis" stopped them from following any other avenues?

Ricardo Paiva stated in court that the "thesis", as you like to call it, did not harm the investigation. The mistake was made by the journalist, in the court room, who forgot the word "not" when he sent his tweet. This has been pointed out several times, but there are those who continue to repeat this story.

Offline sadie

I will let this post stand as it represents your own personal view ferryman.  It must however be pointed out that the judgement was made by some of the most qualified and senior judges in Portugal who are familiar with the law.

Who were the Judges, John ?

What were their names and positions?

Can you tell me please ?

Thanks in anticipation

Offline mercury

Who were the Judges, John ?

What were their names and positions?

Can you tell me please ?

Thanks in anticipation

Are you going to do a lineage proves theyre corrupt thingy?

Anyway, at the end

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Appeal_19_04_2016.htm

ferryman

You're right. Dr. Corte Real confirmed that there was a preliminary report which stated that it was Madeleine's DNA. How some people here understand the opposite is beyond my comprehension.

IIRC, the woman who saw the car boot open is Portuguese and a "jurista" and she appeared on GA's documentary.

How on earth do you get away with spouting this crap?

Corte-Real was full-square with the FSS's interpretation of the forensic results and said nothing about a 'preliminary report' (unsurprisingly, because there wasn't one, just an explanatory email from John Lowe to Stuart Prior about a result from the, one-and-only, report)