Author Topic: Mikaeel Kular: Mother Rosdeep Kular appears in court on murder charge.  (Read 45478 times)

Redblossom

Re: Mikaeel Kular: Mother Rosdeep Kular appears in court on murder charge.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 05:54:38 PM »
Thanks for the link Red, been trying to find out if possible for the charge to be reduced. The mother in me just cannot comprehend how a mum could intend to kill one of her own.

They do all the the time though for a variety of  reasons...we will have to wait and see whats transpired here...Im thinking why would a murder charge be levied if the evidence they have showed it possible it was an accident and cover up and all those scenarios involving the mother and or any others  where intent was not there...dont really want to think too much about it..but even when a child is deliberately murdered, its not always conscious willful intent, it can be severe psychological circumstances

Eta, just seen your other post,re wicked recklessnes, not sure if that would be interpreted as intent to kill, or not, negligent homicide imo, unless one knew that a lack of getting help would kill them or not being bothered either way......bowing out of this as Im no legal expert?.but on balance it seems like it means not caring if a death would occur/knowing it very possible?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:26:02 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 06:00:41 PM »
They do all the the time though for a variety of  reasons...we will have to wait and see whats transpired here...Im thinking why would a murder charge be levied if the evidence they have showed it possible it was an accident and cover up and all those scenarios involving the mother and or any others  where intent was not there...dont really want to think too much about it..but even when a child is deliberately murdered, its not always conscious willful intent, it can be severe psychological circumstances
True, my cousin was killed in 2003 and her killer was originally charged with murder but that was reduced to manslaughter despite evidence of intent. 

This case is so very sad, whatever happened :(

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2014, 06:01:17 PM »

Eta, just seen your other post, not sure if that would be interpreted as intent to kill, negligent homicide imo, unless one knew that a lack of getting help would kill them....bowing out of this as Im no legal expert

there doesn't have to be intent for a murder charge

CPN

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 06:04:47 PM »
I am well aware that wiki is not the be all and end all of reference sites:  But wiki says for murder: "Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally this premeditated state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter)."

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »

Eta, just seen your other post,re wicked recklessnes, not sure if that would be interpreted as intent to kill, negligent homicide imo, unless one knew that a lack of getting help would kill them or not being bothered either way......bowing out of this as Im no legal expert
Nor I hon, I'm  sure it'll all come out in the wash once in open court. I just  hope he didn't suffer. I'm not going to be commenting much about the case from now on either to be honest as don't want to risk subjudice in any way.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »
I am well aware that wiki is not the be all and end all of reference sites:  But wiki says for murder: "Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally this premeditated state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter)."

wiki isn't the be all and end all of reference sites

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 06:15:11 PM »
Judging by the state of the senior police officer who addressed the media at the scene of the discovery of the body I doubt it will be pleasant reading.

I was just thinking that, Estuarine.

The expression on his face was beyond upset. He was obviously profoundly angry and disgusted by something.

CPN

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2014, 06:18:42 PM »
wiki isn't the be all and end all of reference sites

And that is exactly what I said.   Please leave "getting at each other" comments out of this.   I shall not answer anything like that again.

Redblossom

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2014, 06:19:59 PM »
True, my cousin was killed in 2003 and her killer was originally charged with murder but that was reduced to manslaughter despite evidence of intent. 

This case is so very sad, whatever happened :(

Sorry to hear that.Well that confuses matters, the legal world! Unsure of what sub judice is really and who it relates to, I thought it concerned juries and witnesses. Agree, just a very tragic story for all concerned.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2014, 06:22:50 PM »
And that is exactly what I said.   Please leave "getting at each other" comments out of this.   I shall not answer anything like that again.

im making  a point of fact...the statement from wiki is useless...we are looking specifically at Scottish law where murder does not have to have intent...the scottish govt website gives a definition of murder as per Scottish law

Murder is committed when the accused has acted with the intention of killing the victim or where the accused's conduct has been 'wickedly reckless'

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »
Her face is now blurred in the all of the papers..  >@@(*&)

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 06:25:04 PM »
the FACT is we are non the wiser..it could still be an accidental death with an element of wicked recklessness
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:27:04 PM by davel »

AnneGuedes

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
The expression on his face was beyond upset. He was obviously profoundly angry and disgusted by something.
The simple fact of having found the little body (possibly in advanced decomposition state) after searching an alive little boy and hoping to find him during so many hours explains the police officer's face.
The autopsy without ambiguity revealed Mikaeel's death wasn't natural. His mother (who anyhow is guilty of cheating the police) might have refused to talk to protect someone and hence was charged.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2014, 06:32:30 PM »
Her face is now blurred in the all of the papers..  >@@(*&)

Illegal under Scottish Law to show the face at this point. The press can be sued.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/UK_media_apparently_conflict_with_Scots_law_in_Mikaeel_Kular_case

CPN

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2014, 06:35:25 PM »
The simple fact of having found the little body (possibly in advanced decomposition state) after searching an alive little boy and hoping to find him during so many hours explains the police officer's face.
The autopsy without ambiguity revealed Mikaeel's death wasn't natural. His mother (who anyhow is guilty of cheating the police) might have refused to talk to protect someone and hence was charged.

which is why the parents taking their children on the search was not appropriate - I was surprised the police did not stop that