Author Topic: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?  (Read 29146 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2021, 03:27:30 PM »
Hope springs eternal.

That's what I always say.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2021, 03:30:42 PM »
There's a well known saying that goes something like, if in a hole with a shovel, stop digging.  I believe the Germans have dug themselves into such a hole and have no way out.

They claim 'concrete evidence' that Maddie is dead and that CB did it but cannot take the matter any further. IMHO that is bullshit and they are liars.

I never have Humble Opinions.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2021, 03:33:43 PM »
There's a well known saying that goes something like, if in a hole with a shovel, stop digging.  I believe the Germans have dug themselves into such a hole and have no way out.

They claim 'concrete evidence' that Maddie is dead and that CB did it but cannot take the matter any further. IMHO that is bullshit and they are liars.

I will remind you of your posts when CB is interviewed...the germans are still working on it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2021, 03:41:04 PM »

They wouldn't be the first to think they had a case solved when they didn't. Sometimes judges and juries are convinced too. At least Wolters is admitting that he hasn't got enough to make an arrest at the moment. Quite why not is difficult to imagine if he has concrete evidence that Madeleine is dead and Brueckner did it. Unless assumptions are involved I would expect that evidence to show that the two of them met.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2021, 03:44:11 PM »
They wouldn't be the first to think they had a case solved when they didn't. Sometimes judges and juries are convinced too. At least Wolters is admitting that he hasn't got enough to make an arrest at the moment. Quite why not is difficult to imagine if he has concrete evidence that Madeleine is dead and Brueckner did it. Unless assumptions are involved I would expect that evidence to show that the two of them met.
"the two of them met"?  Are you referring to CB and Madeleine?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2021, 03:55:05 PM »

If they have a video or photos of CB with Maddie CBs face may be pixilated... Thats happened in another case
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:13:52 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2021, 04:03:53 PM »

Remebber Wolters has also said anyone seeing the evidence they have would agree that it shows maddie to have been murdered by CB. I think you are totally wrong to dismiss this evidence
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:13:37 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2021, 04:36:49 PM »
I wasn't  suggesting they had, this evidence... I was showing that evidence can be judged to be significant without a court appearance.
Even if there was CB's DNA on Madeleine's bed cover, you have t still give CB a chance to explain how that could have got there.
Those apartments are hired out and he may have been there visiting previous tenants, for example.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2021, 05:07:45 PM »
Even if there was CB's DNA on Madeleine's bed cover, you have t still give CB a chance to explain how that could have got there.
Those apartments are hired out and he may have been there visiting previous tenants, for example.

thats the point im making...it would be concrete evidence but not proof

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2021, 05:24:02 PM »
thats the point im making...it would be concrete evidence but not proof
Define what you mean by "concrete evidence", please.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2021, 05:25:55 PM »

The term is clear...its  strong evidence

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2021, 05:28:33 PM »
The term is clear...its  strong evidence
Define "concrete evidence" or "strong evidence".

Examples of concrete evidence
These words are often used together. You can go to the definition of concrete or the definition of evidence. Or, see other combinations with evidence.
These examples are from corpora and from sources on the web. Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its licensors.
Concrete evidence suggests that vaporization resistant impurities are responsible for laser-cone formation.
From the Cambridge English Corpus
There is no end of concrete evidence of this.
Therefore, there is little concrete evidence for imitation or teaching by cetaceans.
First, more concrete evidence on potential application areas should be found.
The fact that the world around us appears as a volumetric spatial structure is direct and concrete evidence for a spatial representation in the brain.
In our view, the added strophes should rather be seen as precious concrete evidence of an early reader's response to the manuscript.
Mostly, the available observations about the sense of lack in the lives of middle class persons appear speculative rather than based on concrete evidence.

Moreover, they provide the only concrete evidence for propositionality in minimal semantic content.
I have seen no concrete evidence that contradicts their testimony.
Concrete evidence, however, has been obtained only in the case of cerebral and coronary thrombosis.
The importance of their work is that it provides concrete evidence that two (seemingly very different) abstract machines can indeed be related to one another within a larger design space.
Louisiana's courthouse cliques and their landed sponsors demanded concrete evidence that their historic hammerlock on parochial government would continue.
Barring some extensive and concrete evidence of "psychological coercion" or something of the sort, the more reasonable assumption is that this count was a true expression of soldier opinion.
Some crimes, although not insubstantial in themselves, yield no concrete evidence for charges.
From the Hansard archive
It is concrete evidence of the need to deal with this kind of case in a far more modern way.
From the Hansard archive

For one thing, statutory monitoring has established facts—hard and concrete evidence—about the actual employment situation.
From the Hansard archive
These examples are surely concrete evidence that there has been a deliberate run down of the service over a considerable period.
From the Hansard archive
I am not sure that we had any concrete evidence at all.
From the Hansard archive
These examples are from corpora and from sources on the web. Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its licensors.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:40:14 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2021, 05:46:33 PM »
It is the definition of Concrete and evidence combined.

Google evidence definition:

"What does evidence mean?
noun. that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof. something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever."

Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2021, 06:07:51 PM »
It is the definition of Concrete and evidence combined.

Google evidence definition:

"What does evidence mean?
noun. that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof. something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever."

So as i said it means strong evidence...it doesnt mean proof

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2021, 06:19:33 PM »
So as i said it means strong evidence...it doesnt mean proof
I'm thinking it is only "evidence" when you say what it points to.

For example, if you say "concrete evidence" against CB,  it is evidence that CB committed some crime or other.
Do you agree that we need to define what the evidence points to?

IMO it is wrong to say you have concrete evidence unless you say what the evidence points to.

Moderation