Author Topic: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?  (Read 29141 times)

Offline misty

Re: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?
« Reply #285 on: January 23, 2021, 08:07:28 PM »
Did Keela alert to the chair? If not it’s irrelevant.
No, she didn't but that wasn't my question. I asked what the significance of the chair was when Eddie hadn't alerted to it or near it in the first instance.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #286 on: January 23, 2021, 09:02:24 PM »
It sounds like the group weren't confident that their story would stand up to close inspection.
There were 9 slightly different versions of that night’s events.  Which one would they have agreed upon and ehat would that have meant for those accounts which were slightly different?  They could of course have all got their stories to match exactly before speaking to the police at all, would that have been more or less suspicious in your view?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #287 on: January 23, 2021, 09:36:08 PM »
In your opinion... Try to remember that.

Imo they did not trust the PJ and who can blame them

Showing the PJ that everything they said was true would have been a better reaction than staying away in my opinion. That just made it seem like they weren't able to do so, and, what's more, they knew it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #288 on: January 23, 2021, 10:01:40 PM »
Showing the PJ that everything they said was true would have been a better reaction than staying away in my opinion. That just made it seem like they weren't able to do so, and, what's more, they knew it.
It was impossible for Jez, Jane and Gerry to agree on what happened in their own reconstruction, so what hope all 10 of them?  It doesn’t mean any of them was lying just recalling things slightly differently.  Do you understand this?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2021, 10:28:34 PM »
An interesting extract from A Estrela de Madeleine by Paulo Pereira Cristovao, a book which almost mirrored PJ investigation but used fictional names for the PJ officers involved. This does make you wonder who PJ were targeting in Mar/Apr 2008.
https://themaddiecasefiles.com/a-estrela-de-madeleine-t11923-s20.html

Chapter 23
*snipped*

Francisco was talking about the final redaction of the rogatory letters that were to be sent to the British authorities, and which included the request for several diligences. The letters are a poisoned gift, and despite the fact that they target several people, there are two persons who are of special interest to the policemen. And those are not the McCanns.

It’s a bit like those routine police actions, when you go to a hotel to find out whether a certain individual is staying there, and you ask the receptionist for the guest book. You write down seven names at hazard, and an eighth name, which is the one that actually matters. The receptionist is watching, and although he gave the policeman all the information that was needed, he ended up knowing nothing about the person who was actually the target of that action.

The aforementioned police cunning is revealed in these details. The police has established the logical chain of events a long time ago, and has also understood, for quite some time, that they will hardly find the queen evidence. The process will have to live from details. From the circumstances and the detection of small failures from the person that committed the crime, that concealed it, and logically, has lied.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #290 on: January 23, 2021, 11:30:51 PM »
It was impossible for Jez, Jane and Gerry to agree on what happened in their own reconstruction, so what hope all 10 of them?  It doesn’t mean any of them was lying just recalling things slightly differently.  Do you understand this?

Jes Wilkins' wife says he returned just before 9.30pm. I assume it would take between 5 and 10 minutes to reach his apartment from the location where he spoke with Gerry McCann. So why, I wonder, did he say he spoke to Gerry some time between 8.45pm and 9.15pm? If he spoke to him at 8.45pm he would have arrived home at 9pm, not 9.30pm.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #291 on: January 23, 2021, 11:39:33 PM »
Jes Wilkins' wife says he returned just before 9.30pm. I assume it would take between 5 and 10 minutes to reach his apartment from the location where he spoke with Gerry McCann. So why, I wonder, did he say he spoke to Gerry some time between 8.45pm and 9.15pm? If he spoke to him at 8.45pm he would have arrived home at 9pm, not 9.30pm.
There you go.  A perfect example of how a reconstituion would have been nigh on impossible and/ or completely pointless.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #292 on: January 24, 2021, 12:18:43 AM »
No, she didn't but that wasn't my question. I asked what the significance of the chair was when Eddie hadn't alerted to it or near it in the first instance.

Why do you think that the chair was significant?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2021, 12:59:21 AM »
Why do you think that the chair was significant?

I've absolutely no idea, which is why I posed the question for people to discuss. The examination of the chair was inconsistent with the way Eddie & Keela operated imo.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2021, 01:06:18 AM »
I've absolutely no idea, which is why I posed the question for people to discuss. The examination of the chair was inconsistent with the way Eddie & Keela operated imo.

Can I ask when you did your VRD training?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2021, 01:57:21 AM »
There you go.  A perfect example of how a reconstituion would have been nigh on impossible and/ or completely pointless.

I find it interesting because in theory all Wilkins had to do was work backwards from when he arrived home and he would have known beyond doubt that he met with Gerry McCann after 9pm, so why did he refuse to do that? Why did he insist on including the 15 minutes from 8.45pm to 9pm? That only makes sense if it was possible that he met Gerry during that 15 minutes, and if he did he either arrived home earlier than his wife said or he met Gerry on his way out, not on his way back.
Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2021, 02:08:12 AM »
Can I ask when you did your VRD training?

I am able to read & understand how Grime stated his dogs were deployed. There was no alert to the wicker chair by Eddie during his run through. What reason could Grime have had for choosing that specific item for Keela to spend a prolonged period scenting?

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2021, 02:19:06 AM »
So what is your interpretation  of the odds... Do you think it's most likely  the parents are involved

In most missing children cases there is family involvement. I'm not sure what the "odds" would be. I wouldn't have thought anyone would offer any. There are percentages, however.

« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2021, 02:27:12 AM »
I think you need to read what Grime said again. Its this misunderstanding that leads you to the wrong conclusions.

Grime never mentioned proof...he said the alerts were intelligence...not evidence. Have another look and you will see Im right

He said the alerts may lead forensic scientists to sites where it was possible that evidence might be recovered. Human cellular material in this particular case.

« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2021, 02:36:22 AM »
The alerts we're a total red Herring... Total BS IMO.
It's along explanation eeve been through  many times. 
It's clear neither SY nor the BKk consider the alerts of any value.
What is it about... No evidential reliability  ...you and others don't understand

What is it about 95% accuracy according to peer reviewed research don't you understand? The alerts can't be discounted as "BS" as someone else stated above. The alerts led to the collection of human cellular material. What the FSS failed to establish was whether some of this material came from Madeleine McCann. Perhaps it was that nosebleed she might of had, perhaps not! We don't know unless the DNA evidence is re-examined when scientific technology moves forward.