Author Topic: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?  (Read 29196 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?
« Reply #330 on: January 24, 2021, 12:43:03 PM »
Yes well done.

They were ‘non functioning’ as Kate admits but ‘functioning’ enough to clear their phone memories.

Glad they got their priorities right though a little more searching and a little less phone activity may not have gone amiss.

I agree...they were obviously hiding something imo..

As for the Germans dropping their investigation, it will fizzle out eventually.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 12:45:18 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2021, 12:49:16 PM »
How you do enjoy using Kate's words with which to beat her time and again, it's such an unpleasant characteristic of yours.  IMO.

That sounds like you're reproaching Faithlilly for noticing, and drawing attention to, the fact that Kate McCann's words and actions differed. What you seem to be ignoring is that Kate's actions cast doubt upon her words. It's an unpleasant characteristic of yours to blame the person who notices an anomaly rather than the person who created it imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2021, 12:56:19 PM »
That sounds like you're reproaching Faithlilly for noticing, and drawing attention to, the fact that Kate McCann's words and actions differed. What you seem to be ignoring is that Kate's actions cast doubt upon her words. It's an unpleasant characteristic of yours to blame the person who notices an anomaly rather than the person who created it imo.

Accusing another of their own behavior is a classic gaslighter's tactic.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2021, 12:56:59 PM »
Whatever.  You're entitled to your opinion and I to mine.  At least I'm only criticising an anonymous nobody on the net, whereas the anonymous nobody is criticising the mother of a missing child for doing something that she may not even have done herself (did Kate say she deleted the messages herself or did her husband on a friend free up the space on her phone for her, at her behest?) and using it to sneerily suggest that Kate was not bothered enough to get out and search for her own daughter which is patently false.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2021, 12:57:47 PM »
Accusing another of their own behavior is a classic gaslighter's tactic.
LOL
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #335 on: January 24, 2021, 01:06:35 PM »
It's focusing on one phrase out of Kate's book "non-functioning" and blowing it up into evidence of suspicious behaviour that is so unattractive and unpleasant, and well, downright pathetic, IMO. "Non-functioning" means what, exactly?  Unable to walk, talk, breathe?  Unable to perform simple tasks?  Or does it simply describe a state of mind, a numb devastation, the inability to control ones thoughts, to feel helpless and panicky?  Why is this phrase so significant to you, apart from as a useful tool with which to cast doubt on other actions that Kate said she performed that night?  All completely irrelevant of course as she is not a suspect,  a German paedophile and rapist is,  hard though it is for you to get your head around. 

Offline sadie

« Reply #336 on: January 24, 2021, 01:08:57 PM »
The problem, Sadie, is that if you and I can make the calculation and arrive at the approx. time the men met, why couldn't or wouldn't Wilkins do the same?

How come that you chose the calculation that made Jez and Jerry look liars, when it was so obvious that using the later time given by Brigitte, Jez and Gerry were spot on ?

It seemed devious to me to chose the earlier time, omitting the later time which was spot on?   Why did you do that?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #337 on: January 24, 2021, 01:12:05 PM »
What a splendid idea clearing their phones of old calls.   It is obvious that they have organised minds and have made the space on their phones for a rush of messages that such a devastating happening as their daughter vanishing would create.

How I wish that I had the same organisational skills.  I tend to miss everything because I haven't prepared properly.  Kate and Gerry did. 

Well done Kate and Gerry.

How I wish that I had the same organisational skills.

What a shame they didn't use their skills to keep their children safe ...and not leave them alone.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #338 on: January 24, 2021, 01:15:11 PM »
You mean all the calls and texts they made to CB's phone?  That's what you are implying arent' you?

Well seems its what your thinking.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #339 on: January 24, 2021, 01:33:06 PM »
I agree...they were obviously hiding something imo..

As for the Germans dropping their investigation, it will fizzle out eventually.
As you believe Madeleine left the apartment and was knocked down by a car after these deleted calls were made, what do you think the McCanns were hiding exactly?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #340 on: January 24, 2021, 01:33:49 PM »
Well seems its what your thinking.
I'm thinking that's what you're thinking, am I right or am I wrong?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #341 on: January 24, 2021, 03:00:26 PM »
How come that you chose the calculation that made Jez and Jerry look liars, when it was so obvious that using the later time given by Brigitte, Jez and Gerry were spot on ?

It seemed devious to me to chose the earlier time, omitting the later time which was spot on?   Why did you do that?

What is unexplained is why Wilkins chose to suggest he might have met Gerry McCann earlier than Gerry said he did.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #342 on: January 24, 2021, 03:04:29 PM »
What is unexplained is why Wilkins chose to suggest he might have met Gerry McCann earlier than Gerry said he did.
It's totally irrelevant, especially to the thread topic.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #343 on: January 24, 2021, 03:20:09 PM »
As you believe Madeleine left the apartment and was knocked down by a car after these deleted calls were made, what do you think the McCanns were hiding exactly?

It's probably that Swingers thing again.  We haven't done that one for ages.  But Not on this Thread, if you please.  This is not a Request.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #344 on: January 24, 2021, 03:41:31 PM »
It's focusing on one phrase out of Kate's book "non-functioning" and blowing it up into evidence of suspicious behaviour that is so unattractive and unpleasant, and well, downright pathetic, IMO. "Non-functioning" means what, exactly?  Unable to walk, talk, breathe?  Unable to perform simple tasks?  Or does it simply describe a state of mind, a numb devastation, the inability to control ones thoughts, to feel helpless and panicky?  Why is this phrase so significant to you, apart from as a useful tool with which to cast doubt on other actions that Kate said she performed that night?  All completely irrelevant of course as she is not a suspect,  a German paedophile and rapist is,  hard though it is for you to get your head around.

According to Kate McCann non-functioning seemed to mean a lack of strength of some kind;

Mrs McCann said: "The first 48 hours were incredibly difficult and we were almost non-functioning I'd say, but after that we got strength from somewhere."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6692161.stm

For her husband it was;

the "information void" in the first 48 hours of the investigation was the "hardest thing for Kate and I to deal with".

By 10pm on Saturday 5th then, they were recovering whatever 'strength' they had lacked earlier because;

The McCanns said "communication channels" had opened since then: "Certainly at the minute we are happy about how information is conveyed to us."

And they said it had helped "tremendously" when they began to take some control of publicity around the case.

So lack of control and information seems to have been what drained their strength in the first 48 hours.
Result = happy posting.