Author Topic: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?  (Read 29122 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?
« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2021, 04:44:59 PM »
According to Kate McCann non-functioning seemed to mean a lack of strength of some kind;

Mrs McCann said: "The first 48 hours were incredibly difficult and we were almost non-functioning I'd say, but after that we got strength from somewhere."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6692161.stm

For her husband it was;

the "information void" in the first 48 hours of the investigation was the "hardest thing for Kate and I to deal with".

By 10pm on Saturday 5th then, they were recovering whatever 'strength' they had lacked earlier because;

The McCanns said "communication channels" had opened since then: "Certainly at the minute we are happy about how information is conveyed to us."

And they said it had helped "tremendously" when they began to take some control of publicity around the case.

So lack of control and information seems to have been what drained their strength in the first 48 hours.

Can you think of any good reason for members to indulge in a hate fest which is tolerated and abetted by those who have been appointed to keep order ~ for example ~ the discussion topic should be, Re: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #346 on: January 24, 2021, 05:00:48 PM »
According to Kate McCann non-functioning seemed to mean a lack of strength of some kind;

Mrs McCann said: "The first 48 hours were incredibly difficult and we were almost non-functioning I'd say, but after that we got strength from somewhere."

For her husband it was;

the "information void" in the first 48 hours of the investigation was the "hardest thing for Kate and I to deal with".

By 10pm on Saturday 5th then, they were recovering whatever 'strength' they had lacked earlier because;

The McCanns said "communication channels" had opened since then: "Certainly at the minute we are happy about how information is conveyed to us."

And they said it had helped "tremendously" when they began to take some control of publicity around the case.

So lack of control and information seems to have been what drained their strength in the first 48 hours.
So like I said then, “non-functioning” did not mean their ability to perform simple tasks was completely compromised, so no mystery there, just using Kate’s words as a stick with which to beat her.  Thanks for clarifying.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2021, 05:01:07 PM »
Can you think of any good reason for members to indulge in a hate fest which is tolerated and abetted by those who have been appointed to keep order ~ for example ~ the discussion topic should be, Re: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?

No good reason...but still you tolerate it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #348 on: January 24, 2021, 05:05:20 PM »
Some posters do appear to take other member’s comments rather too personally. It almost as if they’re frien.....nah, that can’t be true.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #349 on: January 24, 2021, 05:11:44 PM »
Some posters do appear to take other member’s comments rather too personally. It almost as if they’re frien.....nah, that can’t be true.
And would that be a problem if it was true?  Actually it might be - for you. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #350 on: January 24, 2021, 08:05:29 PM »
I’m not sure why anyone would think that the revealing of someone’s true identity would be a problem...everyone does have a right to disbelieve the parents. The only problem would be if it triggered the behaviour of zealots, on both sides, who use that information to make mischief.

Of course what would be unconscionable is the moderator of a well known Facebook page revealing the personal details of a contact, against all data protection laws, knowing that that information may be used to cause harm. Now that would be a problem.

Is revealing my email address a breach of GDPR?
The Data Protection Act stipulates that you must take all reasonable measures to ensure the data you hold, such as people's email addresses, are not divulged to third parties unless they have given you permission to do so. ... This is a clear breach of the Data Protection Act.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 08:16:12 PM by faithlilly »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #351 on: January 24, 2021, 08:21:32 PM »

A hate fest? What on earth makes you think such a thing is going on, rather than a discussion about available evidence? In my opinion some people are too sensitive and see hate where none exists.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #352 on: January 24, 2021, 08:37:17 PM »
A hate fest? What on earth makes you think such a thing is going on, rather than a discussion about available evidence? In my opinion some people are too sensitive and see hate where none exists.

The German police haven't released details of all the evidence they have against CB. Why, therefore, are some posters clamouring for the Germans to drop their investigation so those same posters can justify continuation of meaningless discussions about unproven evidence against the parents?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2021, 08:53:48 PM »
I’m not sure why anyone would think that the revealing of someone’s true identity would be a problem...everyone does have a right to disbelieve the parents. The only problem would be if it triggered the behaviour of zealots, on both sides, who use that information to make mischief.

Of course what would be unconscionable is the moderator of a well known Facebook page revealing the personal details of a contact, against all data protection laws, knowing that that information may be used to cause harm. Now that would be a problem.

The Data Protection Act stipulates that you must take all reasonable measures to ensure the data you hold, such as people's email addresses, are not divulged to third parties unless they have given you permission to do so. ... This is a clear breach of the Data Protection Act.
You'd need to take that up with ADMIN.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2021, 08:55:58 PM »
The German police haven't released details of all the evidence they have against CB. Why, therefore, are some posters clamouring for the Germans to drop their investigation so those same posters can justify continuation of meaningless discussions about unproven evidence against the parents?

What's with this clamoring ? Do you really think that anyone is paying attention to anything said on this forum ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #355 on: January 24, 2021, 08:56:27 PM »

LOL

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #356 on: January 24, 2021, 08:57:23 PM »
A very good question.

Offline misty

« Reply #357 on: January 24, 2021, 09:03:23 PM »
What's with this clamoring ? Do you really think that anyone is paying attention to anything said on this forum ?

People do pay attention to internet fora about Madeleine McCann. How do you think Fulsher found his way to CMoMM?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #358 on: January 24, 2021, 11:22:39 PM »

The German police have released details of no evidence against CB, except a phone call to a phone which may have been his and which was in PdL or nearby at 7.30pm on 3rd May. The prosecutor has admitted there isn't enough evidence to arrest or charge their suspect.

The only clamour I can see is by those who have spent 13 years trying to convince others that the first investigation was wrong/incompetent/stupid/corrupt/backward, and that the McCanns were and are pure as the driven snow.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #359 on: January 24, 2021, 11:43:04 PM »
The German police have released details of no evidence against CB, except a phone call to a phone which may have been his and which was in PdL or nearby at 7.30pm on 3rd May. The prosecutor has admitted there isn't enough evidence to arrest or charge their suspect.

The only clamour I can see is by those who have spent 13 years trying to convince others that the first investigation was wrong/incompetent/stupid/corrupt/backward, and that the McCanns were and are pure as the driven snow.
you have your blinkers on then, imo.