Author Topic: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?  (Read 29251 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Should the Germans Have Dropped Their Investigation By Now?
« Reply #735 on: February 13, 2021, 02:33:44 PM »
Exactly because he has no real evidence against CB and was on a massive fishing expedition imo.
It is possible to have a ton of strong circumstantial evidence which still isn't enough to ensure a successful conviction - see the submarine murder case as a good example.  It was an absolute no brainer who the murderer was but they still couldn't charge him with murder and hope for a successful conviction without incontrovertible proof.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #736 on: February 13, 2021, 02:35:00 PM »
They did

Seems this was this the result

December 1, 2020
A leaked note from Policia Judicialia seen by The Sun revealed negative comments made in an internal email following a top secret meeting in Lisbon.

Officials from Portugal’s Policia Judicialia, Germany’s BKA, and Scotland Yard gathered to discuss the condition of the spacecraft.

‘Sorry’
An unidentified Portuguese officer claimed that the German BKA did not have a solid lead and had put the suspect in jail.

He writes: “There is no evidence, it’s just speculation. I was shocked when I read the German case. I didn’t expect BKA to investigate so badly.

added
“This is not a serious and objective investigation, but just to keep the suspect in jail at all costs.

“The meeting was to get the point of the situation. The suspect will not leave prison until the end of the year and will imprison him because BKA wants to investigate two other possible cases of sexual harassment.”
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 02:41:05 PM by kizzy »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #737 on: February 13, 2021, 02:45:36 PM »
The Germans haven't revealed what it is that convinces them that CB is their man.  It's in addition to the things you list above, as they have stated.

If its in addition then what exactly is it? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #738 on: February 13, 2021, 02:45:58 PM »
Seems this was this the result

December 1, 2020
A leaked note from Policia Judicialia seen by The Sun revealed negative comments made in an internal email following a top secret meeting in Lisbon.

Officials from Portugal’s Policia Judicialia, Germany’s BKA, and Scotland Yard gathered to discuss the condition of the spacecraft.

‘Sorry’
An unidentified Portuguese officer claimed that the German BKA did not have a solid lead and had put the suspect in jail.

He writes: “There is no evidence, it’s just speculation. I was shocked when I read the German case. I didn’t expect BKA to investigate so badly.

added
“This is not a serious and objective investigation, but just to keep the suspect in jail at all costs.

“The meeting was to get the point of the situation. The suspect will not leave prison until the end of the year and will imprison him because BKA wants to investigate two other possible cases of sexual harassment.”

So now you understand they did. If you want to believe this un named source... Probably a friend of Amaral.. Its up to you

Offline barrier

« Reply #739 on: February 13, 2021, 02:49:04 PM »
You're telling me.  If such a video exists what's the connection with CB?

Any video would need to be forensically examined, Wolters say's he has no forensic evidence ergo no video, photo's etc, imo, (no beggar else bothers with imo though).
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #740 on: February 13, 2021, 02:50:28 PM »
It is possible to have a ton of strong circumstantial evidence which still isn't enough to ensure a successful conviction - see the submarine murder case as a good example.  It was an absolute no brainer who the murderer was but they still couldn't charge him with murder and hope for a successful conviction without incontrovertible proof.

I dont believe prosecutors/criminal trials require incontrovertible proof just enough to convince a jury or judges.  If in CB's case it doesn't exist then how do we know HCW isn't barking up the wrong tree?!  (Hopefully this isn't going to bring us back to the dogs  8)><(

SY thought Colin Stagg was a no brainer but they were ultimately proved completely wrong. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline barrier

« Reply #741 on: February 13, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »
Did they announce to the world who the suspect was, rhetorical.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #742 on: February 13, 2021, 02:57:13 PM »
I dont believe prosecutors/criminal trials require incontrovertible proof just enough to convince a jury or judges.  If in CB's case it doesn't exist then how do we know HCW isn't barking up the wrong tree?!  (Hopefully this isn't going to bring us back to the dogs  8)><(

SY thought Colin Stagg was a no brainer but they were ultimately proved completely wrong.

Shows how fragile concrete evidence can be.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #743 on: February 13, 2021, 03:08:47 PM »

You and others are going round in circles... It depends what evidence Wolters has. We don't know

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #744 on: February 13, 2021, 03:16:43 PM »
You and others are going round in circles... It depends what evidence Wolters has. We don't know

Please don't make it personal.  We don't know that HCW has any evidence. 

Offline barrier

« Reply #745 on: February 13, 2021, 03:18:09 PM »
What we do know is, its not enough to question CB.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #746 on: February 13, 2021, 03:30:18 PM »
If its in addition then what exactly is it?
I have no idea - they haven't told us.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #747 on: February 13, 2021, 03:31:21 PM »
Did they announce to the world who the suspect was, rhetorical.
I believe so, yes.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #748 on: February 13, 2021, 03:32:19 PM »
So you don't accept his word?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #749 on: February 13, 2021, 03:34:51 PM »

They did in the case I'm referring to it would seem.  They already had a suspect who had admitted to cutting up and disposing of the body, they just didn't have enough to prove he intended to murder her and so were not able to take it forward to trial until they got the proof they needed.