Author Topic: More disappointment looming for Bamber?  (Read 31189 times)

Offline Common sense

More disappointment looming for Bamber?
« on: April 30, 2020, 02:08:49 PM »
It seems the much talked about judicial review has already failed on the papers. I was foolish enough to gain the probably deliberately intended false impression that permission for the JR had already been granted and the hearing they were waiting for was the JR itself, not a renewal hearing.   

Apparently CAL has been given files that Bamber hasn't seen and he thinks he has a right to nitpick for typos to exploit no matter how irrelevant a fishing expedition it is.

We shall see.

Tru Benjamin
@tru68
Good luck to #JeremyBamber and his legal team who are seeking permission for judicial review in a renewed oral application in Leeds Administrative Court tomorrow against the CPS refusal to disclose vital evidence in his case
#Justice

https://twitter.com/tru68/status/125582097816214323

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/apr/30/jeremy-bamber-lawyers-seek-review-of-cps-refusal-to-disclose-evidence

Mark Newby a solicitor advocate at Quality Solicitors Jordans, which represents Bamber, said: “Since proceedings were issued it came to our attention that the author of the book the ITV drama was based upon appears to have received material directly from the police.

“It cannot be right that an author has been given material that Mr Bamber’s defence team have not seen, particularly in light of the persistent refusal by the CPS to disclose specific material we have been asking for. It raises the question of whether a work of fiction is more important than justice.”

Bamber, speaking from Wakefield prison, told the Guardian: “It is disgusting that a third party was provided with documents and sensitive photographs when Essex police and the CPS have been unwilling to hand over material to our own forensic experts to prove that two silencers were recovered from the scene.

“Despite court orders being in place for them to make full disclosure to us, which they deliberately chose to ignore, when Carol Ann Lee requested material she was given it without a second thought. Where is my justice?”

A spokesperson for Essex police said: “We are aware of the claim made by Jeremy Bamber and can confirm that this matter forms part of an ongoing judicial review. As this matter is therefore the subject of a forthcoming legal hearing it would not be appropriate for us to comment further.”

Offline Caroline

Re: More disappointment looming for Bamber?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 02:26:00 PM »
It seems the much talked about judicial review has already failed on the papers. I was foolish enough to gain the probably deliberately intended false impression that permission for the JR had already been granted and the hearing they were waiting for was the JR itself, not a renewal hearing.   

Apparently CAL has been given files that Bamber hasn't seen and he thinks he has a right to nitpick for typos to exploit no matter how irrelevant a fishing expedition it is.

We shall see.

Tru Benjamin
@tru68
Good luck to #JeremyBamber and his legal team who are seeking permission for judicial review in a renewed oral application in Leeds Administrative Court tomorrow against the CPS refusal to disclose vital evidence in his case
#Justice

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/apr/30/jeremy-bamber-lawyers-seek-review-of-cps-refusal-to-disclose-evidence

Mark Newby a solicitor advocate at Quality Solicitors Jordans, which represents Bamber, said: “Since proceedings were issued it came to our attention that the author of the book the ITV drama was based upon appears to have received material directly from the police.

“It cannot be right that an author has been given material that Mr Bamber’s defence team have not seen, particularly in light of the persistent refusal by the CPS to disclose specific material we have been asking for. It raises the question of whether a work of fiction is more important than justice.”

Bamber, speaking from Wakefield prison, told the Guardian: “It is disgusting that a third party was provided with documents and sensitive photographs when Essex police and the CPS have been unwilling to hand over material to our own forensic experts to prove that two silencers were recovered from the scene.

“Despite court orders being in place for them to make full disclosure to us, which they deliberately chose to ignore, when Carol Ann Lee requested material she was given it without a second thought. Where is my justice?”

A spokesperson for Essex police said: “We are aware of the claim made by Jeremy Bamber and can confirm that this matter forms part of an ongoing judicial review. As this matter is therefore the subject of a forthcoming legal hearing it would not be appropriate for us to comment further.”

The material they are talking about are CS pictures of the twins and she wasn't given it 'material', she viewed it onsite. Why on earth would that help their case. Surely Bamber remembers the scene of the two dead little boys? It must be etched on his memory. Isn't it typically of the CT not to be specific about the material - I guess saying that Bamber wants such photographs wouldn't look too good.

Offline Common sense

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 02:37:42 PM »
The material they are talking about are CS pictures of the twins and she wasn't given it 'material', she viewed it onsite. Why on earth would that help their case. Surely Bamber remembers the scene of the two dead little boys? It must be etched on his memory. Isn't it typically of the CT not to be specific about the material - I guess saying that Bamber wants such photographs wouldn't look too good.

Yes, CAL said that one photograph in particular convinced her that Bamber did it, although she wasn't specific about it.

The whole Bamber campaign reeks of dishonesty and pretence which his dim more gullible supporters refuse to see while the more intelligent ones must pass it off as irrelevant as to his character in 1985, as though persistent lying and throwing red herrings are only a recent feature.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:09:13 PM by Common sense »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 02:45:54 PM »

Can you cut the insults please.  I don't like it and nor is it necessary.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 02:47:32 PM »
I really take little notice of all this stuff.

I thought the JR? was about ful disclosure of material held under pii and/or files still not released? 

I can't believe there will be any smoking gun in any file.  If anything ever existed it would have been destroyed imo in the same way trial exhibits were.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 02:49:57 PM »
Can you cut the insults please.  I don't like it and nor is it necessary.

What insults?

Offline Common sense

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 03:03:50 PM »
I really take little notice of all this stuff.

I thought the JR? was about ful disclosure of material held under pii and/or files still not released? 

I can't believe there will be any smoking gun in any file.  If anything ever existed it would have been destroyed imo in the same way trial exhibits were.

It's just a fishing expedition IMO but one designed to give a false impression of yet another deliberate conspiracy that he is the victim of.

For me, the actions of JB ltd reveal contemporaneous evidence about his character which shouldn't be ignored. This is not just a naive man that is easily lead, it is a cunning man intent on misleading others.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 03:04:35 PM »
What insults?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered. I just thought the post had been removed.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 03:30:14 PM »
Tru Benjamin
@tru68
#Justice

Michelle Diskin Bates
@Michelle_Diskin
Replying to
@tru68
 and
@jbcampaignltd
How refreshing to have Mr Bamber referred to by his name, and not by his conviction tag. If the @guardian
 can do it, why can’t other newspapers? Barry George had to live with the tag of HIS conviction too. No one ever apologised for doing that!

William Beck
@WullieBeck
Replying to
@tru68
If the courts down south are anything like our Scottish courts they will allow CPS to keep the material hidden.
Disclosure is an absolute joke.

@)(++(*
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 03:32:38 PM »
It's just a fishing expedition IMO but one designed to give a false impression of yet another deliberate conspiracy that he is the victim of.

For me, the actions of JB ltd reveal contemporaneous evidence about his character which shouldn't be ignored. This is not just a naive man that is easily lead, it is a cunning man intent on misleading others.

Who is the legal team made up of?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

jelgoon

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 03:33:41 PM »
Im sure it'll be thrown out in  20 minutes like last time in November 2012. The President  of the Queens Bench Division at the time Sir John Thomas basically laughed him out of court - I was  there.  The judiciary know about his case - he's not going to get  another appeal, as the CCRC will never allow him one.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »
Im sure it'll be thrown out in  20 minutes like last time in November 2012. The President  of the Queens Bench Division at the time Sir John Thomas basically laughed him out of court - I was  there.  The judiciary know about his case - he's not going to get  another appeal, as the CCRC will never allow him one.

Tru Benjamin
@tru68
Important proceedings against CPS on #disclosure tomorrow in Leeds Administrative Court #JeremyBamber renewed oral judicial review hearing
#Justice
#NoDisclosureNoJustice

https://mobile.twitter.com/tru68/status/1255806964849836033

5 likes
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:38:07 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2020, 03:36:25 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates
@Michelle_Diskin
Replying to
@tru68
 and
@jbcampaignltd
How refreshing to have Mr Bamber referred to by his name, and not by his conviction tag. If the @guardian
 can do it, why can’t other newspapers? Barry George had to live with the tag of HIS conviction too. No one ever apologised for doing that!

William Beck
@WullieBeck
Replying to
@tru68
If the courts down south are anything like our Scottish courts they will allow CPS to keep the material hidden.
Disclosure is an absolute joke.

@)(++(*

10 retweets

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 04:18:31 PM »

It’s that ‘all seeing eye’ again

Lee posted an image on Instagram showing a series of numbered documents that have not been disclosed to the defence. She wrote on Instagram: “It was interesting to see and read all the original material.”
The numbered documents taken from Holmes boxes (an administrative system introduced in 1985 to support major investigations) include files numbered 75/13 and 75/15, which Bamber says he has never seen. After Bamber’s legal team complained to the CPS the Instagram post was deleted.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 04:28:29 PM »

sophisticated