Author Topic: More disappointment looming for Bamber?  (Read 31914 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: More disappointment looming for Bamber?
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2021, 03:05:27 PM »

Ha! Not for a moment am I suggesting there was. I'm looking at it how I think it may have been seen though the eyes of a sexist police force in 1985.

The police spoke to Sarah in 1985 - as per evidenced in CAL’s book

As a victim to such a violent act she may not have wanted to relive it and/or it may have been agreed upon by her and the police to let it sit on Bamber’s records (Because it’s clearly there)

But it’s possible Sarah’s evidence may have been relied on by the psychiatrist who assessed Bamber pre trial and diagnosed him as a psychopath
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 03:30:53 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline APRIL

« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2021, 03:55:19 PM »
Who from the police in this case are you suggesting were ‘sexist’?

And what about the misogynistic views of Bamber and his supporters over the years?

No one member of the force in particular. It was the mindset of the whole force, starting at the highest level, probably going back generations. These things are passed down through generations. Nevill himself, regarded as being "a sweetie" and "great fun", was probably guilty of the sort of (harmless) flirtation which was acceptable when he was in his 40s/50s, but frowned upon now.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2021, 04:05:04 PM »
Do you think any of lawyers involved in Bamber’s case - from the beginning until now - had/have ‘sexist’ views April?

I think sexist views were endemic amongst those 'clubs' which tended to be of the 'boys' only variety.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #243 on: February 02, 2021, 04:14:55 PM »

I think sexist views were endemic amongst those 'clubs' which tended to be of the 'boys' only variety.

‘Were’ or are and what about females with these views?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline APRIL

« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2021, 04:58:10 PM »
‘Were’ or are and what about females with these views?

Interesting question. I'm going to put it this way. From what I observe, are less so now, than they previously were, BUT, I don't know what's going on under the surface. It's not impossible that, subconsciously, men crave the ideal mother/lover figure who'll fulfil their every need.

As for females? A modern, independent woman is unlikely to hold such views, BUT, there maybe something about being looked after, taken care of, having no responsibilities, which could seem preferable to living in a world is which she has to fight her way up the same ladder that men climb with unrestricted ease...............especially if she's already experienced being bought up in a family which has taught her that a woman's place is in the home, bringing up children.

These beliefs don't hit us like a sledgehammer when we reach adulthood. We'll have experienced them at work, all our lives. They don't change until they're challenged.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #245 on: February 02, 2021, 05:19:01 PM »

Interesting question. I'm going to put it this way. From what I observe, are less so now, than they previously were, BUT, I don't know what's going on under the surface. It's not impossible that, subconsciously, men crave the ideal mother/lover figure who'll fulfil their every need.

As for females? A modern, independent woman is unlikely to hold such views, BUT, there maybe something about being looked after, taken care of, having no responsibilities, which could seem preferable to living in a world is which she has to fight her way up the same ladder that men climb with unrestricted ease...............especially if she's already experienced being bought up in a family which has taught her that a woman's place is in the home, bringing up children.

These beliefs don't hit us like a sledgehammer when we reach adulthood. We'll have experienced them at work, all our lives. They don't change until they're challenged.

The above appear to be your generally held views April - what about specifically in relation to the Bamber case
(see previous posts in thread)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 05:24:19 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2021, 05:26:32 PM »
Here

No one member of the force in particular. It was the mindset of the whole force, starting at the highest level, probably going back generations. These things are passed down through generations. Nevill himself, regarded as being "a sweetie" and "great fun", was probably guilty of the sort of (harmless) flirtation which was acceptable when he was in his 40s/50s, but frowned upon now.

you were specific about Nevill

What makes you suggest he was ‘probably guilty of the sort of (harmless) flirtation which was acceptable when he was in his 40’s/50’s’ ?

Maybe he wasn’t

Maybe Nevill never behaved in the way you have suggested he may have done ?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 05:29:01 PM by Nicholas »

Offline APRIL

« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2021, 05:36:13 PM »
Here

you were specific about Nevill

What makes you suggest he was ‘probably guilty of the sort of (harmless) flirtation which was acceptable when he was in his 40’s/50’s’ ?

Maybe he wasn’t

Maybe Nevill never behaved in the way you have suggested he may have done ?

I guess it's only a matter of opinion either way, but it's the impression I've been given by four ladies who were part of his social circle and remember him fondly.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2021, 05:52:55 PM »
So who from the police in this case are you suggesting were ‘sexist’ April ?

And what about the misogynistic views of Bamber and his supporters over the years?

Also - do you think any of the lawyers involved in Bamber’s case - from the beginning until now - had/have ‘sexist’ views?

What about the journalists who’ve written about the case?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2021, 05:58:07 PM »

As a victim to such a violent act she may not have wanted to relive it and/or it may have been agreed upon by her and the police to let it sit on Bamber’s records (Because it’s clearly there)

But it’s possible Sarah’s evidence may have been relied on by the psychiatrist who assessed Bamber pre trial and diagnosed him as a psychopath

The psychiatrist who assessed Bamber pre trial would have had access to police case papers and would have made an assessment on Bamber ‘on the papers’ - as well as via direct interviews with him

« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 06:05:41 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2021, 06:07:14 PM »

How and why has Bamber been able to keep the above out of the public domain until CAL”s book?

Offline APRIL

« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2021, 06:24:21 PM »
How and why has Bamber been able to keep the above out of the public domain until CAL”s book?

Has it ever been Jeremy's prerogative to decide what gets into public domain? I'm hazarding a guess that either
A) Sarah's claims weren't taken seriously
B) Her claim was discussed at local level, the conclusion being there wasn't enough evidence to take it further
C) It was sent to the DPP who decided there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute

That it didn't become public knowledge in other ways, may, as you say, have been because Sarah had been traumatised. I feel certain some of the papers would have loved to have got their hands on such information.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #252 on: February 02, 2021, 06:49:01 PM »

Has it ever been Jeremy's prerogative to decide what gets into public domain?

Yes

An example https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=211.msg2289#msg2289

Jeremy Bamber - March 2010
I want to do a piece with the Sunday Times guy David Smith.
I would love for you to let him have access to certain documents.
Clearly he’ll need guiding and controlling to some extent - so it’s about showing him all the things we’ve/you’ve discovered over the past eight years”
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 06:59:11 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #253 on: February 02, 2021, 06:55:20 PM »

I'm hazarding a guess that either
A) Sarah's claims weren't taken seriously
B) Her claim was discussed at local level, the conclusion being there wasn't enough evidence to take it further
C) It was sent to the DPP who decided there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute

That it didn't become public knowledge in other ways, may, as you say, have been because Sarah had been traumatised. I feel certain some of the papers would have loved to have got their hands on such information.

I don’t agree

I’m of the view Sarah’s claims were taken seriously just as Julie’s were

Offline APRIL

« Reply #254 on: February 02, 2021, 06:56:49 PM »
Yes

An example https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=211.msg2289#msg2289

Jeremy Bamber - March 2010
“I want to do a piece with the Sunday Times guy David Smith.
I would love for you to let him have access to certain documents.
Clearly he’ll need guiding and controlling to some extent - so it’s about showing him all the things we’ve/you’ve discovered over the past eight years”

Did this suggestion/request bear fruit, or is this an example of Grandiose Narcissism in action?