Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365709 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1095 on: January 07, 2014, 08:46:16 PM »
You are right.. but in my mind the possibility of such situation even if the body appear is extremely small..

And it looks like it is the same in the heads of the people who are currently working on this case..

The parents as suspects is sooooooo last year.. not in fashion any more.. actually this fashion trend was over many years ago.. now they are looking for the people who are outside of the family circle.. and it has been clearly stated many times..

So, why then focus on the last years fashion.. and focus so much than any other possibility is quickly denied..

Thank you Vixte.   People must realise that anything is still possible in this case.  Police officers must keep an open mind otherwise they risk damaging the investigation.  That is why Redwood is extremely guarded in what he reveals to Joe public.

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Redblossom

« Reply #1096 on: January 07, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »
You are right.. but in my mind the possibility of such situation even if the body appear is extremely small..

And it looks like it is the same in the heads of the people who are currently working on this case..

The parents as suspects is sooooooo last year.. not in fashion any more.. actually this fashion trend was over many years ago.. now they are looking for the people who are outside of the family circle.. and it has been clearly stated many times..

So, why then focus on the last years fashion.. and focus so much than any other possibility is quickly denied..

Dont be so silly to talk about fashion...how condescending and arrogant....and presumptuous....you  know nithing really.....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:51:21 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1097 on: January 07, 2014, 08:48:15 PM »
operation grange took two years to find tannerman...bit presumptious of you to declare what sy think know, might think, do or not

@)(++(*

Remember  the pj never found him

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1098 on: January 07, 2014, 08:49:54 PM »
If that's good for you it's good for me too..

My advice, when trying.. don't do anything illegal ;) and what would be hurting others.. otherwise your actions might later hunt you :))

My actions might later hunt me?

That sounds a bit creepy, should I expect my actions to be hunting me anytime soon?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1099 on: January 07, 2014, 08:51:25 PM »
Thank you Vixte.   People must realise that anything is still possible in this case.  Police officers must keep an open mind otherwise they risk damaging the investigation.  That is why Redwood is extremely guarded in what he reveals to Joe public.

Yes.. I believe they did investigate the parents first this time.. as any police protocol in any normal circumstances would suggest first..
They are not Amarals.. this is a whole team of highly classed professionals..on both PJ and SY sides.. so I believe these professional teams have already finished with the first - beginners task.

The possibility that all of them are wrong and only Amaral is right is logically very small..

So, once they passed this step, as in any other investigation protocol they step into the further area.. and this is where they are now..

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #1100 on: January 07, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »
Members should note that the burglary versus abductor discussion has been moved.

www.miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3175.msg118494#msg118494

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1101 on: January 08, 2014, 07:18:05 AM »
operation grange took two years to find tannerman...bit presumptious of you to declare what sy think know, might think, do or not

@)(++(*

Yes it seems presumption abounds in this case.

The fact that it is felt by some that the PJ did not do their job properly or thoroughly in this case is presumptuous. They are not a third world country far from it.

I have done tons of reading about portugal/algarve since this happened and the police there are pretty much on the spot. The place is known to be a safe place to live in.

The police work hard there to make it a safe place.

I have no doubt in my mind that the police did a THOROUGH job on investigating this case. They came to a dead end and it wasnt just the portugese police who were dealing with the case it was the BRITISH police too.

Its almost like the child never existed. I often wonder if she did simply wander out, and get herself into a small hole somehow where she couldnt get out, and one day sadly we will find her. There was a case I think in Australia where a child just disappeared but it was the families dog who found her she had walking into a storm drain....

I cant believe Scotland Yard are going to spend in the region of 10 million pounds in this case, when there are lots of other cold cases they could be working on. They have been reading through copious amounts of paperwork for TWO YEARS and have come up with nothing...IF they had come up with something solid, they would not have needed to use Crime Watch in the first place.

IF there was something to be found, I believe it would have been in 2007.

Whoever took this child was either very LUCKY or very CLEVER as they left nothing.

The road just goes no where............and whatever evidence there was has been dismissed.

We can go on and on and on about this case but really we are just talking around in circles as we always end up at the beginning again...with no ending.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1102 on: January 10, 2014, 02:57:40 PM »

Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard requests more help from Portugal The Telegraph

A second "International Letter of Request" asking for assistance has been sent to the Portuguese authorities on behalf of the Metropolitan Police detectives investigating Madeleine's disappearance

By Sam Marsden
1:30PM GMT 10 Jan 2014

Scotland Yard detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have formally asked Portugal for more help with their inquiry.

Police refused to give any details about the nature of the assistance being sought, but the move appears to suggest that fresh suspects or promising new lines have been identified.

The Crown Prosecution Service sent a second "International Letter of Request" to the Portuguese authorities on behalf of the Metropolitan Police this week.

The first letter asking for help was submitted to Portugal as Scotland Yard announced it was launching a full investigation into the case, codenamed Operation Grange, in July last year.

Over the summer British detectives sent further International Letters of Request to 30 other countries, most of them in Europe.

The requests relate to persons of interest and unidentified mobile phone numbers that were recorded in Praia da Luz in southern Portugal around the time that Madeleine, then aged three, went missing from her family's holiday flat on May 3, 2007.

Because British police have no jurisdiction to operate overseas, they must ask their counterparts in other countries to carry out investigative work and interview suspects on their behalf.

Under European Union rules, member states are expected to comply with requests like these made under Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties.

Portugal's attorney general announced in October that his country's investigative Policia Judiciaria had reopened their inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance after receiving new evidence.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said on Friday: "We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week in connection with Operation Grange."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10563621/Madeleine-McCann-Scotland-Yard-requests-more-help-from-Portugal.html

Offline Victoria

« Reply #1103 on: January 10, 2014, 03:04:37 PM »
Jolly good stuff.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1104 on: January 10, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »
Presumably the letters sent to the  30 other countries haven't turned anything much  up, else there wouldn't need to be a second round just to Portugal.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Victoria

« Reply #1105 on: January 10, 2014, 03:14:07 PM »
Presumably the letters sent to the  30 other countries haven't turned anything much  up, else there wouldn't need to be a second round just to Portugal.

Or maybe they got want they wanted from those countries, in terms of cell phone records/identities of various individuals and thus have no need to ask for any more. Or maybe they're still working on the data received from the first set of letters, but in the meantime have more leads to follow in Portugal.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1106 on: January 10, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »
I just find it odd that after all this time in such a high profile case which affects both countries, they still haven't formed a closer working relationship.

And when you add it to the Crimewatch programme not being shown in Portugal it just seems even more bizarre.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1107 on: January 10, 2014, 03:21:44 PM »
I just find it odd that after all this time in such a high profile case which affects both countries, they still haven't formed a closer working relationship.

And when you add it to the Crimewatch programme not being shown in Portugal it just seems even more bizarre.

They may be close thank we think, but things have to be done according to certain procedures.
The Met cannot operate in other countries, so must formally request assistance.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Victoria

« Reply #1108 on: January 10, 2014, 03:25:33 PM »

I find it telling that Scotland Yard have to be involved at all, to be honest, but it looks like it's done the trick to some extent, in nudging the Portuguese authorities into looking at the case again.

Redblossom

« Reply #1109 on: January 10, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »

Not of wont of the Portuguese stations asking to do so, turned down by the BBC there...but we had headlines sayng the Portuguese WONT show Crimewatch!! Mccanns are disappointed etc etc?.similar to the flakey stories, PT wont do this, draggng heels, wont do that etc