Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365272 times)

Redblossom

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1140 on: January 10, 2014, 10:04:45 PM »
Oh Gosh.  Another East End Londoner like me.  Conkney born and bred.  But we were always kind people in my memory.
We never made assumptions because too many assumptions were made about us.

nothing wrong with eastenders, salt of the earth, except when theyre no good......!!!!

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1141 on: January 10, 2014, 10:15:30 PM »
Oh Gosh.  Another East End Londoner like me.  Conkney born and bred.  But we were always kind people in my memory.

Nope, much further north. Still expressions my Mum used to use.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #1142 on: January 10, 2014, 11:12:23 PM »
A second "International Letter of Request" asking for assistance has been sent to the Portuguese authorities on behalf of the Metropolitan Police detectives investigating Madeleine's disappearance

Scotland Yard detectives investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have formally asked Portugal for more help with their inquiry.

Police refused to give any details about the nature of the assistance being sought, but the move appears to suggest that fresh suspects or promising new lines have been identified.

RELATED ARTICLES
Kate McCann contemplated suicide after detective's book
Kate McCann faces former police chief in £1m libel trial over Madeleine's disappearance
McCanns shield twins from 'terrifying’ book
The Crown Prosecution Service sent a second “International Letter of Request” to the Portuguese authorities on behalf of the Metropolitan Police this week.

The first letter asking for help was submitted to Portugal as Scotland Yard announced it was launching a full investigation into the case, codenamed Operation Grange, in July last year.

Over the summer British detectives sent further International Letters of Request to 30 other countries, most of them in Europe.

The requests relate to persons of interest and unidentified mobile phone numbers that were recorded in Praia da Luz in southern Portugal around the time that Madeleine, then aged three, went missing from her family’s holiday flat on May 3, 2007.

Because British police have no jurisdiction to operate overseas, they must ask their counterparts in other countries to carry out investigative work and interview suspects on their behalf.

Under European Union rules, member states are expected to comply with requests like these made under Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties.

Portugal’s attorney general announced in October that his country’s investigative Policia Judiciaria had reopened their inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance after receiving new evidence.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said on Friday: “We can confirm that a second International Letter of Request has been sent to the Portuguese authorities by the Crown Prosecution Services this week in connection with Operation Grange.”

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1143 on: January 10, 2014, 11:20:16 PM »

I love cockney accent  8((()*/

Offline John

« Reply #1144 on: January 11, 2014, 12:03:15 AM »
Nah, I doubt that.

Madeleine almost certainly is in another country now.  But I agree, her rescue may well be being delayed by international red tape, and doing everything by the book..

What evidence can you provide to support your claim that she is almost certainly in another country Sadie?  In fact I would suggest she never left Portugal or even the Algarve for that matter.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1145 on: January 11, 2014, 12:18:45 AM »
What evidence can you provide to support your claim that she is almost certainly in another country Sadie?  In fact I would suggest she never left Portugal or even the Algarve for that matter.
I am not providing evidence altho I have pointers, which I will not share, but there is a string of sightings up to the north of PT if you care to take the time to look.

Cant think why Amaral and Co didn't spot them.  Mind, one of them came a good couple of years late.

Offline John

« Reply #1146 on: January 11, 2014, 12:30:01 AM »
Perhaps they dont speaka the same language
Anyway who told you they are not helpinga
The SY uk policia saying they are working together well...so dont worrya
English p olice have portuguese speakers and portuguese police have english speakers
No problemo really
Just dont read the sillya papers that make problems

Reda, pleasea donta takea the pissa.    ?{)(**

Gurdeep asks a pertinent question.  The answer could very well be that the Portuguese resent a foreign police force interfering in their domestic affairs.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:37:07 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1147 on: January 11, 2014, 12:33:58 AM »
w2

Yer well, I got lucky.  I got carted off to this frightfully nice Children's Home wherein I was treated very well, and taught to speak proper.  But don't imagine that I can't do Cockney if I have to.  It just so happens  that I rarely feel the need.
Just don't take me on because I have all sides of the coin.  I know it all.

The McCanns never abused any of of their children, and never did anything beyond what I have done.  God only that my parents had treated me so well.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1148 on: January 11, 2014, 12:39:11 AM »
Me too.

I love all accents ... even good old Brummie .... and the Black Countries accents are fab ... each little town had its own version.

I would love to hear Johns accent.   And yours Gurdeep.

Offline John

« Reply #1149 on: January 11, 2014, 12:39:59 AM »
I am not providing evidence altho I have pointers, which I will not share, but there is a string of sightings up to the north of PT if you care to take the time to look.

Cant think why Amaral and Co didn't spot them.  Mind, one of them came a good couple of years late.

A string of sightings?

You have a short memory Sadie.  Remember those poor little Romanian gypsy girls?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:47:30 AM by John »

Offline sadie

« Reply #1150 on: January 11, 2014, 12:46:41 AM »
A string of sightings of Moroccan girls...not European girls and certainly not Madeleine McCann.

You have a short memory Sadie.  Remember those little Romanian gypsy girls?
Nothing to do with Moroccan girls or Romanies, John

I repeat, there is a string of sightings up to the north, only a short string, but it is there.  Then loads more sightings in the area.  Some ridiculed and others ignored by the PJ.

SY were interested and came back to me.  But that is all I can say.

Offline John

« Reply #1151 on: January 11, 2014, 12:51:59 AM »
Nothing to do with Moroccan girls or Romanies, John

I repeat, there is a string of sightings up to the north, only a short string, but it is there.  Then loads more sightings in the area.  Some ridiculed and others ignored by the PJ.

SY were interested and came back to me.  But that is all I can say.

So why are you saying she is in another country if she is up north or are you talking about NW Spain?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1152 on: January 11, 2014, 12:55:57 AM »

Thou hast committed adultery.  But that was in another country.  And now the wench is dead.

This is the hypocrisy of it all.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1153 on: January 11, 2014, 09:14:23 AM »
Scotland Yard detectives investigating the abduction of Madeleine McCann last night formally requested help from the Portuguese authorities after British detectives identified three prime suspects.

In a significant move, the Crown Prosecution Service sent an International Letter of Request to Portuguese authorities.

The Scotland Yard investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine has revealed a gang of burglars were operating near to where she was abducted in May 2007.

Analysis of mobile phone calls indicates three men made a large number of telephone calls to each in the hours after Madeleine was reported missing from her holiday flat in the Algarve.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article3971993.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2014_01_10

Rehash the nonsense burglar theory, attach it to the rogatory letters story & as if by magic, despite Scotland Yard refusing to comment, we have 3 new prime suspects!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:26:09 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #1154 on: January 11, 2014, 09:27:26 AM »
Scotland Yard detectives investigating the abduction of Madeleine McCann last night formally requested help from the Portuguese authorities after British detectives identified three prime suspects.

In a significant move, the Crown Prosecution Service sent an International Letter of Request to Portuguese authorities.

The Scotland Yard investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine has revealed a gang of burglars were operating near to where she was abducted in May 2007.

Analysis of mobile phone calls indicates three men made a large number of telephone calls to each in the hours after Madeleine was reported missing from her holiday flat in the Algarve.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article3971993.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2014_01_10

How many more times is this information going to be passed off as new news?  I would have thought the London Times was ahead of the games instead of playing second fiddle.  The story seems to have been authored by some correspondent in Madrid so that probably explains it.