Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365195 times)

Silkywhiskers

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3135 on: June 01, 2014, 11:51:03 PM »
the mcanns made maddie a ward of the court in 2007  after she vanished for some bizzare reason

And now they're arguing the Wardship is affected by "information and documents" held by the police.

If it wasn't the McCann, who are of course above reproach, you would say the information and documents have something to do with wilful risk or damage to the child.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3136 on: June 02, 2014, 12:12:18 AM »
Daily Star 2nd June
"Maddie: Come And Dig Here"
... Jenny Murat told British detectives: “Come and dig up my garden if you think it will help your search.” ...  “They won’t find a thing but if they need to do it as part of their investigation they’re welcome" ...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:15:21 AM by pegasus »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3137 on: June 02, 2014, 01:09:21 AM »
What the hell is this ..how strange !!!

http://portugalresident.com/update-albufeira-stabbing-takes-bizarre-new-twist
“I woke up with him on top of me, suffocating me. Then he shouted “I killed Maddie McCann and I am going to kill you”.

It was at this point, said the woman, that Shane began stabbing her.

Offline misty

« Reply #3138 on: June 02, 2014, 01:31:22 AM »
What the hell is this ..how strange !!!

http://portugalresident.com/update-albufeira-stabbing-takes-bizarre-new-twist

I saw that too, last night. Looks like the lad was high on something. Given his MO this time, I doubt even the PJ would have missed that much blood.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #3139 on: June 02, 2014, 08:03:39 AM »
Madeleine Police Set To Dig As Area Sealed Off
The investigation takes a new turn as police in Portugal prepare to dig at a site in Praia da Luz.
7:35am UK, Monday 02 June 2014
Tom Parmenter

Police searching for Madeleine McCann have sealed off an area in Praia da Luz, where they are expected to begin digging.

A team of Portuguese police officers and at least four vehicles have been stationed on a mound to the west of the town since early this morning.

They are expected to work in the area for days, rather than hours.

The development marks a significant new phase of the investigation into her disappearance while she was on holiday with her family in the Portuguese resort in May 2007.
Madeleine McCann search area sealed off An area in the Praia da Luz resort has been sealed off

Several parts of the town have been identified as potential search sites including an area of scrubland close to the apartment where the McCanns had been staying.

The land which had been earmarked for development is now fenced off but was an open area on the night of Madeleine's disappearance.

Her parents Kate and Gerry McCann have not travelled to Portugal but will be kept up to date with any developments.
Portugal Various potential dig sites have been identified in Praia da Luz

British expat residents in Praia da Luz confirmed to Sky News that they had recently seen a military aircraft flying for long periods possibly conducting aerial reconnaissance.

Former Metropolitan Police search adviser Keith Farquharson told Sky News: "They wouldn't just be identifying that part by plucking it out of thin air they have obviously got hard information and the evidence trail is leading to that particular area."

Mr Farquharson explained what is likely to happen next: "The area will be properly mapped with GPS coordinates for each one of those sites.
Madeleine McCann missing Kate and Gerry McCann have not travelled to Portugal for the search

"Those areas will then be broken into smaller areas which will be easier to search,  then you would send in the ground penetrating radar which will look for anomalies below the surface.

"Once those anomalies are identified then in my experience you would deploy victim recovery dogs to those particular areas."

As they are working alongside the Portuguese authorities the Metropolitan Police are giving out very few details about the new phase of the investigation or how long it will last.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:22:56 PM by John »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3140 on: June 02, 2014, 12:29:51 PM »
Maybe this will shut Sadie and Birch up  8((()*/

'Come and dig up my garden' says mother of cleared Maddie suspect

A MUM whose son was cleared as a suspect in Madeleine McCann’s disappearance welcomed the new police search.

By Jerry Lawton/Published 2nd June 2014

Jenny Murat told British detectives: “Come and dig up my garden if you think it will help your search.”

Her son Robert Murat, 40, has been probed then eliminated as an official suspect – or arguido – by Portuguese police.

She added: “They won’t find a thing but if they need to do it as part of their investigation they’re welcome.

“That poor girl’s parents need some answers after seven years.”

British ex-pat Jenny, 78, lives just 100 yards away from the holiday flat in Portugal’s Praia da Luz where Maddie vanished. She said Scotland Yard had not been in contact yet.

She was speaking as British and Portuguese police prepare to dig up parts of the resort.

She added: “I’ve had it all before when my son Robert was living here and now I’m thinking: ‘Not again.’

“But if it helps police rule out a certain scenario, let it be. We’ve got nothing to hide.”

She added: “I’ve been away in England for a while but I’m home now and my garden’s overgrown and full of weeds.”

She said police had originally searched her home and garden in July 2007, just two months after the then three-year-old vanished as her parents dined nearby. She said: “I remember it only too well.

“There were six policemen with sniffer dogs all over the place.”

She insists the new dig will anger locals adding: “They feel it could ruin our tourism industry.”
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Online Wonderfulspam

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3142 on: June 02, 2014, 11:56:30 PM »
Clip from the MIRROR

The McCanns’ Portuguese lawyer, Isabel Duarte, said the distraught couple “just want to know exactly what happened to their daughter”.

She added: “It is my belief that police have some very good information to be carrying out ground searches.

“I believe there is data in the criminal file which has led to this operation because, if not, police would not be performing this very drastic task.

“Kate and Gerry have not been given any information that Madeleine is dead, and until this happens they have to believe she is still alive.
“But they think police will come up with some significant news. It is such a stressful time for them and my heart goes out to them.
"It has been so long, and the investigating officers now have new information and there may finally be some answers.”

Ms Duarte added: “I don’t need to ask them how they are feeling. It is very clear.
"But it is not for me to say if they fear the worse.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-search-unprecedented-operation-3638457#ixzz33WMQczDE
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #3143 on: June 02, 2014, 11:58:35 PM »
Gerry and Kate haven't been given any information AT ALL this time and it's driving them nuts.

Away from the cameras and into the compost heap.

I wouldn't like to be living in that house, not at all.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3144 on: June 03, 2014, 12:16:38 AM »
Gerry and Kate haven't been given any information AT ALL this time and it's driving them nuts.

Away from the cameras and into the compost heap.

I wouldn't like to be living in that house, not at all.

No ~ neither would I. 

But then I can empathise with the Drs McCann as they wait to see if their beloved daughter is about to be found buried in the waste ground presently being searched. 

The pain must be unimaginable and anyone who rejoices in that should examine their conscience very carefully.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3145 on: June 03, 2014, 05:15:00 AM »

Oh My.  It seems as though Scotland Yard might have information that they haven't been telling to the general public.  How very dare they.  We have a right to know, you know.

Please, please God, don't let Madeleine be there.  I cannot begin to imagine what The McCanns are going through.  I feel sick myself.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #3146 on: June 03, 2014, 09:07:05 AM »
Oh My.  It seems as though Scotland Yard might have information that they haven't been telling to the general public.  How very dare they.  We have a right to know, you know.

Please, please God, don't let Madeleine be there.  I cannot begin to imagine what The McCanns are going through.  I feel sick myself.

Most grieving parents would rather have an answer.

I simply cannot understand why they are not there, for Madeleine's sake if nothing else.

Really, it's fairly inexplicable.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3147 on: June 03, 2014, 09:08:38 AM »
Luz resident supports the digs.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3148 on: June 03, 2014, 09:22:51 AM »
Most grieving parents would rather have an answer.

I simply cannot understand why they are not there, for Madeleine's sake if nothing else.

Really, it's fairly inexplicable.

Why do they need to be there?  Someone will tell them.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #3149 on: June 03, 2014, 09:23:48 AM »
Why do they need to be there?  Someone will tell them.

They might be finding Madeleine.