Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1365300 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3525 on: July 13, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Maddie witness overheard sinister comment about disposing of a body

A BRITISH woman has told Scotland Yard detectives seeking Madeleine McCann that she overheard a conversation in which a man said: "Why did you bring her here? Now we will have to dispose of the body."

By: James Murray
Published: Sun, July 13, 2014

The potential key witness has been interviewed several times in Britain and used to live almost opposite apartment 5a of the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz on the Algarve, from where Madeleine, three, was taken on May 3, 2007.

The Sunday Express understands the comment was heard several hundred yards from the Ocean Club in a residential area towards the seafront.

The woman gave an interview to Portuguese detectives 13 days after the disappearance but the report on the informal interview does not mention her overhearing a conversation about disposing of a body.

However, in April 2008 the woman made a further statement in which she recounted hearing the astonishing comment, saying she heard it days after the abduction. She also claimed that the owner of a pub in Luz was called by a woman shortly after the disappearance who said she had overheard the comment about getting rid of a body.

The Sunday Express understands the owner of the bar has been interviewed but cannot recall the conversation.

The woman has since returned to Britain with her child and is living in the Home Counties.

When contacted by the Sunday Express, the woman, who we are choosing not to name to safeguard the investigation, said: "I do not want to say anything."

Last month Scotland Yard detectives shadowed three searches of wasteland near the Ocean Club but no obvious clues were found.

Some materials gathered in the search were sent for forensic examination but officers were not hopeful of a breakthrough in the investigation

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488487/EXCLUSIVE-Potential-key-witness-McCann-case
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3526 on: July 13, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »

Former Ocean Club driver is suspect in McCann case

THE FORMER driver of the Ocean Club was made an arguido or suspect by Portuguese police following a request by Scotland Yard detectives investigating Madeleine’s disappearance.

Published: Sun, July 13, 2014

Jose Carlos da Silva, 28, used to drive guests to their apartments once they had been ferried to the Ocean Club headquarters in Luz from airports, writes James Murray.

He formerly lived in an apartment block overlooking the Ocean Club but has since moved to a nearby run-down flat.

Now he works as a dishwasher in a restaurant and is said by neighbours to suffer poor health because of a lung condition.

The Sunday Express photographed him weeks before he was interviewed by Portuguese detectives in Faro on the Algarve where Scotland Yard officers listened intently to his every word.

We understand that on May 3 2007 there was mobile phone communication between him and a second arguido, Ricardo Rodrigues, at about the time that Madeleine left a creche somewhere near 5.30pm.

It is further alleged that at about 9.25pm he also sent a text to the younger man.

Police say this was around the time that two of the McCann holiday group left the tapas bar at the Ocean Club to check on the children sleeping in apartments nearby.

Further communication on their mobiles came at 9.38pm, around the time that another member of the holiday group went to check on the children.

A short time later there was another mobile call between the men, around the time Kate McCann went to the apartment and discovered that Madeleine, then three, was missing.

Mr Silva declined to speak to the Sunday Express.

Friends said he is a popular man who was well liked and known in the community and would never do anything wrong.

A woman friend said: "He lives alone and suffers with his health because he has problems with his lungs and he often goes to hospital for checks. He is always very polite and nice and pleasant. He is a very quiet man who leads a simple life."

Little is known about Mr Rodrigues but he is part of a group of mostly young people in Luz who contribute to an internet site showing pictures of scenic spots in the area. Fresh faced and youthful he is said to resemble a photofit prepared by an elderly British couple of a man who came to their villa with an older man to collect money for a charity on May 3 2007.

The older man is said to resemble Paulo Ribeiro, 51, another arguido. He lives in Luz and is said to be a schizophrenic.

Sources say the police wanted further information from him about a call he allegedly had with Mr Rodrigues the day after Madeleine vanished.

Operation Grange officers are hoping that the detailed questioning will help them to build up a clearer picture of events before and after Madeleine's disappearance.

A fourth man questioned is believed to be Russian national Sergey Malinka, who ran an internet firm in Luz at the time. He has always denied any involvement in Madeleine's disappearance and, like the others, was reluctant to speak to journalists.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488488/Former-Ocean-Club-driver-is-suspect-in-McCann-case
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3527 on: July 13, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »
All sounds very compelling - surprised they've not all been banged up immediately. Its obviously them wot dunnit. 
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #3528 on: July 13, 2014, 08:56:07 PM »
McCanns face five-year wait in libel trial

KATE and Gerry McCann’s battle to sue a disgraced ex-police chief for £1million in libel damages could drag on for another five years, a pal revealed yesterday.
By Tracey Kandohla/Published 13th July 2014

kate mccann, gerry mccann, maddie, libel trial, DESPERATE: The libel case has already been going on for five years [REX]

“They are ­exasperated by this”
    Source close to the McCanns

News of the setback came after the parents of missing Madeleine gave evidence against Goncalo Amaral in a Lisbon court.

Kate told the trial how smears by their tormentor left her family “devastated, fearful and desperate”.

But Mr Amaral, who led the bungled hunt for Maddie, now claims he is broke.

A judge is set to call him back to court in September to order him and the publishers of his 2008 book The Truth Of The Lie to ­reveal how much was made from the best-seller and a 2009 TV documentary.

A source close to Kate and Gerry said: “They are ­exasperated by this. Civil proceedings against Mr Amaral have already been going on for five years and at this rate are likely to go on for another five years.

“He is pleading poverty and there will be further hearings held for him to disclose his bank statements.”

Even if Kate, 46, and Gerry, 45, of Rothley, Leics, win the case, they will probably not see any money until 2018 or 2019.

Their lawyer Isabel ­Duarte said: “It has been proved in the civil file that Mr Amaral earned around 380,000 euros in one year from the book.”

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3529 on: July 13, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Maddie witness overheard sinister comment about disposing of a body
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/488487/EXCLUSIVE-Potential-key-witness-McCann-case
Thankyou. Note that this conversation was overheard, not on the night of the apparent disappearance, but "days after". Very interesting.
Might warrant it's own thread? I have started one.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:50:38 PM by pegasus »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3530 on: July 13, 2014, 09:45:08 PM »
McCanns face five-year wait in libel trial

KATE and Gerry McCann’s battle to sue a disgraced ex-police chief for £1million in libel damages could drag on for another five years, a pal revealed yesterday.
By Tracey Kandohla/Published 13th July 2014

kate mccann, gerry mccann, maddie, libel trial, DESPERATE: The libel case has already been going on for five years [REX]

“They are ­exasperated by this”
    Source close to the McCanns

News of the setback came after the parents of missing Madeleine gave evidence against Goncalo Amaral in a Lisbon court.

Kate told the trial how smears by their tormentor left her family “devastated, fearful and desperate”.

But Mr Amaral, who led the bungled hunt for Maddie, now claims he is broke.

A judge is set to call him back to court in September to order him and the publishers of his 2008 book The Truth Of The Lie to ­reveal how much was made from the best-seller and a 2009 TV documentary.

A source close to Kate and Gerry said: “They are ­exasperated by this. Civil proceedings against Mr Amaral have already been going on for five years and at this rate are likely to go on for another five years.

“He is pleading poverty and there will be further hearings held for him to disclose his bank statements.”

Even if Kate, 46, and Gerry, 45, of Rothley, Leics, win the case, they will probably not see any money until 2018 or 2019.

Their lawyer Isabel ­Duarte said: “It has been proved in the civil file that Mr Amaral earned around 380,000 euros in one year from the book.”

It would be a pleasant change to read a report that dealt with facts rather than emotive misleading text.
But that would be too much expect I feel.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #3531 on: July 14, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »
This may be important, a source from Portugal told me the following: "one of the new four suspects made a statement last Friday to the police confessing he had knowledge of the crime, but signalling one of the other three men as [the offender]". I was unable to confirm this yet, and maybe it is not true, but continue searching. Do you know anything about? 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:06:48 PM by Heriberto Janosch »

stephen25000

« Reply #3532 on: July 14, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »
This may be important, a source from Portugal told me the following: "one of the new four suspects made a statement last Friday to the police confessing he had knowledge of the crime, but signalling one of the other three as the killer of Madeleine". I was unable to confirm this yet, and maybe it is not true, but continue searching. Do you know anything about?

So which suspect ?

Offline misty

« Reply #3533 on: July 14, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »
This may be important, a source from Portugal told me the following: "one of the new four suspects made a statement last Friday to the police confessing he had knowledge of the crime, but signalling one of the other three as the killer of Madeleine". I was unable to confirm this yet, and maybe it is not true, but continue searching. Do you know anything about?

This is very, very sad, if true.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3534 on: July 14, 2014, 08:11:00 PM »

What's the motive? A child killer still on the loose in PDL 7 years later so he isn't a serial killer  8-)(--) He didn't run out the door but stayed and killed the child and then took her down town. But cadaver odour was detected months later even though he was straight out the door. He was very quick but maybe he was in no hurry and started moving doors, cleaning the crime scene and opening noisy shutters and window he didn't use between checks just to confuse and play games  8-)(--) Afterall, dog expert GM said the unreliable dogs found no evidence. Be interesting to know the pants he was wearing at the time of the murder. Maybe he borrowed someone else's or maybe not  ?>)()<
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:19:03 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3535 on: July 14, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »

This is very, very sad, if true.

If what Heri has been told is true it is devastating news. 
Madeleine’s mum and dad are being kept up to date with developments in the case; so they will be aware of this if it is what the police have been told.  My heart goes out to them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

« Reply #3536 on: July 14, 2014, 08:19:22 PM »

My quibble with that statement would be Isabele's use of the word "earned".

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #3537 on: July 14, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
I deleted some words from my last post, because I have not got confirmation yet, so I will consider this just a rumor by now. If anyone of you knows more, please contact me.

Gadfly

« Reply #3538 on: July 14, 2014, 09:09:59 PM »
Joana Morais is attempting to pass this off as news:

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2014/07/why-media-lies-to-us-and-how-it-works.html

And look, it's my favourite unemployed reporter.  Reporting fresh from what looks like a prison cell and with what appears to be a wife-beater shirt on.

Enjoy!

Offline Carana

« Reply #3539 on: July 14, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »
If what Heri has been told is true it is devastating news. 
Madeleine’s mum and dad are being kept up to date with developments in the case; so they will be aware of this if it is what the police have been told.  My heart goes out to them.

There is nothing as yet to confirm that.