Author Topic: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views  (Read 210661 times)

Offline John

Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:27:54 AM »

Mitchell photographed on the day of Jodi's funeral
as he gave an interview to Sky's James Matthews.

I think that I will start this thread off since I am quite an expert on this case now.

Yes, I believe he is guilty in terms of the evidence against him but and there is a big
but for me, he could be innocent and the subject of an awful miscarriage.

Let me say this, if he is innocent, his brother and mother have made a complete pigs
ear of their evidence in court and have not helped Luke one bit by what they said.

There is also a second rider in that Luke gave evidence that he did not see his brother
Shane in the house that afternoon, could it be that maybe Shane was not there?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 02:40:35 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Kevin Craigie

Re: Is Luke Mitchell guilty - your views
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »
Definitely not guilty. The perpetrator was a strong male who was trying to duplicate The Black Dahlia murder. Lynda La Plante published a bestseller based on these murders called The Red Dahlia, which brought Criminology into the fictitious yet thoroughly researched  story. The perpetrator was more than likely local or had a local connection. He knew that secluded area, and the gap in the wall.

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »
So why do you think his brother failed to confirm his alibi if he was at home as he alleges?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Kevin Craigie

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 02:33:59 PM »
People usually lie to protect their own interests or the interests of others. If Luke Mitchells version is correct then either his brother has made a simple mistake or hiding something. However, if my memory serves me correctly the Brother gave quite a detailed account of what exactly he was doing at that time.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 03:21:31 PM »
People usually lie to protect their own interests or the interests of others. If Luke Mitchells version is correct then either his brother has made a simple mistake or hiding something. However, if my memory serves me correctly the Brother gave quite a detailed account of what exactly he was doing at that time.

There is definitely something amiss there and the prosecution took every opportunity to exploit it.  Corinne Mitchell went to great pains on Middleton's forum to explain the events which occurred that afternoon but Shane failed to support any of it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 01:46:30 PM by John »

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 04:06:01 PM »
Guilty. IMO.

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »
Something just does not sit right with me in this case and John is right about the testimony of the two sons which for some reason is at odds with reality.  I see that both Corinne and luke recently took lie detector tests and 'passed' them.  Maybe Shane should take one as well and then we will see how effective such tests are.

And while Sandra Lean is arranging it maybe she will arrange one for her co director at Wrongly Accused with one of the questions being "Did you set two fires in your home in Brae which resulted in the death of your baby daughter?"

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 01:48:24 PM »
I have always said that two boys could not have been at home together for 45 mins and not know the other was there.  For some reason Shane failed to give Luke an alibi and that is extremely suspicious.

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »
I will agree that it looks bad but these things sometimes happen.  The bit i don't quite comprehend is if Luke made Shanes dinner as he and the mther allege then why did Shane not say so?????   8-)(--)

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 11:40:17 AM »
If LM is guilty as charged and the murder was pre-meditated he surely must have realised he would be suspect number 1?  He carried knives, [Name removed] was murdered in an area the couple frequented and where he was due to meet her.  It is said LM is intelligent so would he be so stupid to carry out such an act knowing he would be suspect number 1? 

If it wasnt pre-mediated and instead driven by anger, a moment of madness, is there any evidence LM had anger management issues and/or a history of violence?  He had been dating [Name removed] for 3/4 months and her mother had grounded her for smoking cannabis.  Is there any evidence Mrs Jones objected to [Name removed] dating LM?  Is there any evidence LM was violent towards [Name removed]?

The wiki page describes the murder as a "savage knife attack".  I cant help thinking about the case of Rachael Nickell although she was also sexually assaulted. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

jixy

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 01:57:23 PM »
I support Luke in his fight for justice. it is fantastic to see the news headlines today and know that he has an amazing team of people working so hard to clear his name

His day is coming!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 12:22:15 PM »
I support Luke in his fight for justice. it is fantastic to see the news headlines today and know that he has an amazing team of people working so hard to clear his name

His day is coming!

Who is this "amazing team of people" to which you refer?

And what makes you think "his day is coming?"

Luke Mitchell appears to have similar traits to Jeremy Bamber, for example, unable to take responsibility for his actions and blames everyone else. Also referred to as blame shifting

When referring to Jodi Jones murder, 30 year old Luke Mitchell recently stated:

“It’s the story of my life really. I was always bullied as a kid - by my teachers, other schoolkids.

“I was always taught never throw the first punch. I’ve always been blamed for things I didn’t do. This situation is an escalated version of that https://www.scotsman.com/news/luke-mitchell-i-would-rather-stay-in-jail-than-admit-my-guilt-for-murder-of-jodi-jones-1-4800732

"One of the diagnostic criteria in the ‘Psychopathy Checklist - Revised’ (PCLR) is ‘Failure to accept responsibility for own actions’. So yes, psychopaths blame other people for their own mistakes.

Psychopaths are grandiose or ‘superior’, lack empathy and have shallow emotions. They have no shame or remorse and are manipulative, pathological liars. They have no conscience (in other words no internal sense of right and wrong) and also lack self-insight. They see the people around them as objects. Put all these factors together and blaming others for their own actions is the easiest, most natural thing in the world.

Psychopaths rarely, if ever, take responsibility for their actions, even if they clearly made mistakes or their actions and decisions led to failures. But they go a few steps farther; they will not only blame others but also create “evidence” that others are to blame. This takes effort, but psychopaths easily integrate it into their game, seizing on opportunities to bring harm to others’ careers or professional standing https://www.quora.com/Do-psychopaths-tend-to-blame-other-people-for-their-own-mistakes
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:26:31 PM by Stephanie »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 01:37:44 PM »
Who is this "amazing team of people" to which you refer?

And what makes you think "his day is coming?"

Luke Mitchell appears to have similar traits to Jeremy Bamber, for example, unable to take responsibility for his actions and blames everyone else. Also referred to as blame shifting

When referring to Jodi Jones murder, 30 year old Luke Mitchell recently stated:

“It’s the story of my life really. I was always bullied as a kid - by my teachers, other schoolkids.

“I was always taught never throw the first punch. I’ve always been blamed for things I didn’t do. This situation is an escalated version of that https://www.scotsman.com/news/luke-mitchell-i-would-rather-stay-in-jail-than-admit-my-guilt-for-murder-of-jodi-jones-1-4800732

"One of the diagnostic criteria in the ‘Psychopathy Checklist - Revised’ (PCLR) is ‘Failure to accept responsibility for own actions’. So yes, psychopaths blame other people for their own mistakes.

Psychopaths are grandiose or ‘superior’, lack empathy and have shallow emotions. They have no shame or remorse and are manipulative, pathological liars. They have no conscience (in other words no internal sense of right and wrong) and also lack self-insight. They see the people around them as objects. Put all these factors together and blaming others for their own actions is the easiest, most natural thing in the world.

Psychopaths rarely, if ever, take responsibility for their actions, even if they clearly made mistakes or their actions and decisions led to failures. But they go a few steps farther; they will not only blame others but also create “evidence” that others are to blame. This takes effort, but psychopaths easily integrate it into their game, seizing on opportunities to bring harm to others’ careers or professional standing https://www.quora.com/Do-psychopaths-tend-to-blame-other-people-for-their-own-mistakes

Speaking in an interview with The Herald, he said:

“When the jury visited the crime scene, I was told ‘stay flat and don’t react’- which probably didn’t help in their eyes.”

When he was convicted, Mitchell claims an order was given by the judge, to not show emotion upon the verdict:

“I was in shock. The only reason I didn’t fall over was because I was gripping onto the railing in the dock so tightly
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 01:49:50 PM »
Speaking in an interview with The Herald, he said:

“When the jury visited the crime scene, I was told ‘stay flat and don’t react’- which probably didn’t help in their eyes.”

When he was convicted, Mitchell claims an order was given by the judge, to not show emotion upon the verdict:

“I was in shock. The only reason I didn’t fall over was because I was gripping onto the railing in the dock so tightly

Luke Mitchell has always blamed something or someone for his lack of emotion.

It's a shame the journalist who carried out the interview didn't ask him how, if as he has claimed, 'an order was given by the judge to not show emotion' he was able to switch his emotion on and off  *&^^&

Offline Baz

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »

His day is coming!

Agreed. I don't know who the rest of the team is made up of but I've always been impressed by Sandra Lean's dedication and how she conducts herself so it's nice to see something happening.

I've never been able to fully decide on guilt or innocence when it come's to Luke's case but I don't think the circumstances of his incarceration were fair and so he deserves a hearing, in my opinion.