Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 243096 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #1365 on: March 30, 2020, 02:48:12 PM »
In this case obviously not but whatever policy the party adopted would have lost them voters.
Just goes to prove they were unlectable then and that’s something they need to sort out pdq if they ever want the opportunity to demonstrate how brilliant they would be in a corona crisis.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1366 on: March 30, 2020, 03:24:59 PM »
Keir Starmer is rising in my estimation, especially if this is true:

Sir Keir Starmer is planning to purge Jeremy Corbyn’s allies in the shadow cabinet and party headquarters within weeks of becoming Labour leader, according to “scorched earth” plans that lay bare his desire to break definitively with the factionalism of the party under his predecessor.

Starmer, the shadow Brexit secretary, is expected to be crowned leader on Saturday in a result deemed so damaging to some on the left that last week members of Corbyn’s office briefly discussed whether to extend his leadership by invoking the chaos caused by the the coronavirus.

In one of his first acts, Starmer is set to request the departure of Karie Murphy, Corbyn’s chief of staff, and Jennie Formby, the party’s general secretary, citing their alleged mishandling of bullying and anti-semitism allegations, which aides have said amounts to “gross misconduct”.

He will then overlook high-profile Corbynistas by appointing a fresh shadow cabinet, with almost all left-wing rising stars excluded.

Well talk about nailing your colours to the mast- seems some lefty politician are indeed from another planet-  lessons NOT learned..

Open the borders for 70k fruit pickers from the Balkans.. yeah  lets do that shall we?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1262160/Sky-News-Kay-Burley-European-workers-coronavirus-news-UK-latest-COVID19-cases-pandemic

It's not like we don't have prisons full of prisoners seeking to be outdoors or those laid off wanting work.

I am trying to recall the last time the UK population  was reduced by millions due to starvation deaths...erm um  Oh we need the immigrants to save us all.  Gang masters must have' upped their bungs'  to 'concerned'  do gooders.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1367 on: March 30, 2020, 03:30:33 PM »
Just goes to prove they were unlectable then and that’s something they need to sort out pdq if they ever want the opportunity to demonstrate how brilliant they would be in a corona crisis.

Don’t be ridiculous, one no-win decision doesn’t make a party unelectable.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1368 on: March 30, 2020, 03:35:53 PM »

Well talk about nailing your colours to the mast- seems some lefty politician are indeed from another planet-  lessons NOT learned..

Open the borders for 70k fruit pickers from the Balkans.. yeah  lets do that shall we?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1262160/Sky-News-Kay-Burley-European-workers-coronavirus-news-UK-latest-COVID19-cases-pandemic

It's not like we don't have prisons full of prisoners seeking to be outdoors or those laid off wanting work.

I am trying to recall the last time the UK population  was reduced by millions due to starvation deaths...erm um  Oh we need the immigrants to save us all.  Gang masters must have' upped their bungs'  to 'concerned'  do gooders.

Yes damn those lefties for wanting us to have British grown food in our sops come winter....grrrr.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1369 on: March 30, 2020, 04:10:00 PM »
Don’t be ridiculous, one no-win decision doesn’t make a party unelectable.
Remind me when they last won an election?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1370 on: March 30, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »
Remind me when they last won an election?

Ten years..and before that 13 years for the Conservatives, and some of that when Blair’s approval ratings were low.

« Reply #1371 on: March 30, 2020, 06:19:10 PM »
Yes damn those lefties for wanting us to have British grown food in our sops come winter....grrrr.

Yes damn them indeed I say.

Is there Something wrong with British people doing these jobs?  Something wrong with wanting slave gang masters being put out of business.

So erm well, where are these fabulous workers going to be housed? all 70 thousand of them?

Labour will handle this better 'snorts'  lock down the population but keep borders open specially for fruit and veg pickers- what? really? OK!.

The Kinnocks and Corbyn refusing to adhere to the bad tories ideas to stay home. Tsk, Tsk.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1372 on: March 30, 2020, 06:26:40 PM »
Ten years..and before that 13 years for the Conservatives, and some of that when Blair’s approval ratings were low.
Historically Labour have spent the large majority of time since their formation out of power.  What do the keep on doing wrong I wonder...?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1373 on: March 30, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »
Historically Labour have spent the large majority of time since their formation out of power.  What do the keep on doing wrong I wonder...?

You tell me ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1374 on: March 30, 2020, 08:08:36 PM »

Sooooo we aren’t going to let prisoners pick the veggies....if indigenous Britons wanted to pick fruit for a pittance we wouldn’t need our Eastern European friends. Where does that leave us ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1375 on: March 30, 2020, 08:48:49 PM »
You tell me ?
I would but you wouldn’t agree.

« Reply #1376 on: March 30, 2020, 09:59:27 PM »
Sooooo we aren’t going to let prisoners pick the veggies....if indigenous Britons wanted to pick fruit for a pittance we wouldn’t need our Eastern European friends. Where does that leave us ?

We never needed them before the EU open borders.

With universal credit having more money in the coffers for the real needy! I don't know where you live (Scotland) ?

Many summers are spent going fruit picking in Scotland it is a community thing  up north-same in  Italy and China many elderly are self sufficient and self reliant- is it beneath people to go and pick fruit and veg?  to cook from scratch what they grow?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1377 on: March 30, 2020, 10:19:30 PM »
I would but you wouldn’t agree.

Best not waste our energy then.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1378 on: March 30, 2020, 10:32:33 PM »

We never needed them before the EU open borders.

With universal credit having more money in the coffers for the real needy! I don't know where you live (Scotland) ?

Many summers are spent going fruit picking in Scotland it is a community thing  up north-same in  Italy and China many elderly are self sufficient and self reliant- is it beneath people to go and pick fruit and veg?  to cook from scratch what they grow?

I come from Scotland and have family there still and I know no community who go fruit picking together. Individual families go to pick your own farms but that fruit is only for their own consumption.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1379 on: March 30, 2020, 10:36:42 PM »
Best not waste our energy then.
Quite, I have certainly wasted far too much of my time engaging with you, perhaps I should let you get back to copying and pasting to yourself.