Author Topic: Why do some people ardently believe the McCanns version of events?  (Read 7542 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Why do some people ardently believe the McCanns version of events?
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2018, 07:39:46 PM »
When the police statements were released didn't you question anything that the McCanns had said or done during those early times?  I am thinking of the early statement by Gerry changing their entry to 5a from through a locked front door (with a key) to an unlocked sliding door at the rear as an example.  These statements were only around 6 days apart.

We don't know what the McCann's said as the statements were not written down verbatim in english

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »
It’s not questioning a professional that is wrong, it is questioning a professional opinion. If you disagree with a doctor’s opinion, you get a second opinion, from another doctor.

So you feel you are not able to question a doctors opinion without a second doctors opinion... You are just so wrong

Offline Sunny

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2018, 07:44:52 PM »
We don't know what the McCann's said as the statements were not written down verbatim in english

Surely they were close enough. Locked door with a key to unlocked  patio sliding doors would surely not just occur due to translation error.

Davel I am sure I have read that you were a sceptic originally. If so what changed your mind?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »
Surely they were close enough. Locked door with a key to unlocked  patio sliding doors would surely not just occur due to translation error.

Davel I am sure I have read that you were a sceptic originally. If so what changed your mind?

You are just so misinformed it's embarrassing.. Never been a sceptic.. without verbatim records we do not know what they said
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:50:21 PM by Davel »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2018, 07:56:48 PM »

Back Door, Front Door.  Everyone was confused in the beginning.

And who said "Ardently?"  There's nothing Ardent about me.  All that most of us have done is to use a bit of common sense.

Offline barrier

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2018, 08:00:01 PM »
Back Door, Front Door.  Everyone was confused in the beginning.

And who said "Ardently?"  There's nothing Ardent about me.  All that most of us have done is to use a bit of common sense.

Ah! with you now,thats where the alleged abductor comes in,confused.com.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2018, 08:14:22 PM »
Which is relevant in what way?

You said: "It’s not questioning a professional that is wrong, it is questioning a professional opinion. If you disagree with a doctor’s opinion, you get a second opinion, from another doctor." http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10156.msg488689#msg488689

The Portuguese officials did just that in my opinion the professional Amaral lurched from one botch to the next ... the dogs ... the mess made of using the forensic results without any clear understanding of them ... the precipitate making Kate and Gerry arguidos with nothing to support it but I think spite and desperation.  The icing on the cake though must have been getting caught mouthing off to the press about disregarding evidence,

In my opinion he was obviously found wanting or he never would have been sacked ... so he was given his marching orders and a competent professional was drafted in to take his place.

Exactly as you advocated in your post.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »
Ah! with you now,thats where the alleged abductor comes in,confused.com.

Should you not add IMO to alleged abductor?

If I type abductor I have to add IMO.

If I have to add IMO to abductor because there is no proof there is an abductor, then equally you should have to add IMO to alleged abductor because there is no proof there is not.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2018, 08:32:36 PM »
I seem to remember that because an abductor isn't proven. it has to be alleged - unless someone has changed the rules recently
Mods should know
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:41:24 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2018, 08:41:53 PM »
I seem to remember that because an abductor isn't proven. it has to be alleged - unless someone has changed the rules recently

It's not unproven either.
So alleged should have IMO.
I never type alleged abductor because I believe there was an abductor, so I add IMO.
If a sceptic types alleged abductor they should add IMO because alleged suggests there is no abductor and there is no proof there was not.

Offline jassi

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2018, 08:43:35 PM »
I don't make the rules - I just sometimes break them   8)--))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2018, 08:51:50 PM »

If I have to add IMO to abductor because there is no proof there is an abductor, then equally you should have to add IMO to alleged abductor because there is no proof there is not.

If you say there was an abductor you are stating your opinion as if it were a fact.

If you say it is alleged that there was an abductor. that's a true statement.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2018, 08:55:21 PM »
If you say there was an abductor you are stating your opinion as if it were a fact.

If you say it is alleged that there was an abductor. that's a true statement.

If you say alleged abductor that is your opinion, not a fact.

Offline barrier

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »

Alleged=said to have taken place without proof.Self evident.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2018, 08:59:18 PM »
Alleged=said to have taken place without proof.Self evident.

Equally an abduction could have taken place, so to say alleged is in your opinion.