Author Topic: Does publicly "doubting" the McCanns add to the distress of the McCann family?  (Read 83444 times)

Offline lordpookles

Honestly, I don't know. Hard to cover all the bases or devise a perfect plan. Everyone makes mistakes. Anyway, I just thought i'd answer your question and staging is one theoretical answer. Theoretically speaking what would be a better plan? I agree when let's say believers highlight the ridiculousness or implausibility of hiding a body, moving it several times whilst also having dinner and acting normal and then transporting it 23 days later... And to do all this their plan would have to be very complicated, which is a credibility stretcher...

Offline Benice

They are obviously not unintelligent people if they had been 'staging' anything I really think they would have made a better fist of it. Don't you?

This is one of my major problems with sceptic logic.  One minute we are being asked to believe the McCanns are the worlds best actors/criminal masterminds -  and are so incredibly clever they have pulled off the crime of the century -  and the next minute we are being told they did things which only people with the the intellect of simpletons would do  -  and also we are told  that the fact they are huge liars is obvious to anybody who ever watched them being interviewed - IOW they are  worlds worst actors.   How bizarre is that?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline slartibartfast

This is one of my major problems with sceptic logic.  One minute we are being asked to believe the McCanns are the worlds best actors/criminal masterminds -  and are so incredibly clever they have pulled off the crime of the century -  and the next minute we are being told they did things which only people with the the intellect of simpletons would do  -  and also we are told  that the fact they are huge liars is obvious to anybody who ever watched them being interviewed - IOW they are  worlds worst actors.   How bizarre is that?

The true is same of the supporters viewpoint.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

The true is same of the supporters viewpoint.
Explain?

Offline Brietta

Honestly, I don't know. Hard to cover all the bases or devise a perfect plan. Everyone makes mistakes. Anyway, I just thought i'd answer your question and staging is one theoretical answer. Theoretically speaking what would be a better plan? I agree when let's say believers highlight the ridiculousness or implausibility of hiding a body, moving it several times whilst also having dinner and acting normal and then transporting it 23 days later... And to do all this their plan would have to be very complicated, which is a credibility stretcher...

Thanks for your response.

The belief is utterly preposterous that for a brief period on May 3rd  normal loving, family orientated parents  morphed into criminal masterminds capable of disposing of the remains of their dearly beloved daughter with less thought than putting the garbage out and doing it so well that no trace was found either then or to this day.

All to avoid the accusation of bad parenting??  I think not.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. The more complicated a 'plan' is the more likelihood it has of coming unstuck.
Any scenario the 'doubters' come up with of necessity involves hindsight ... there is no plausible explanation of how they could have achieved what they say they did.

So why keep on saying it nearly eight years on ... in the full knowledge it causes distress?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

That is an excellent example of the twists and turns necessary to sustain their very biased argument.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

Thanks for your response.

The belief is utterly preposterous that for a brief period on May 3rd  normal loving, family orientated parents  morphed into criminal masterminds capable of disposing of the remains of their dearly beloved daughter with less thought than putting the garbage out and doing it so well that no trace was found either then or to this day.

All to avoid the accusation of bad parenting??  I think not.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. The more complicated a 'plan' is the more likelihood it has of coming unstuck.
Any scenario the 'doubters' come up with of necessity involves hindsight ... there is no plausible explanation of how they could have achieved what they say they did.

So why keep on saying it nearly eight years on ... in the full knowledge it causes distress?

A lot of assumptions there. How do you know they were normal loving and family orientated? Why do you assume they wouldn't harm their child? Parents do, and hide the remains. We don't know if there was a motive other than being accused of bad parenting. Police investigators work with hindsight too - their jobs would be a lot easier if they were there at the time. Do you think they would have assumed any of the above had they been called to the same scenario in England? I think all options would have been open myself. Please note I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just saying that nothing can be assumed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

A lot of assumptions there. How do you know they were normal loving and family orientated? Why do you assume they wouldn't harm their child? Parents do, and hide the remains. We don't know if there was a motive other than being accused of bad parenting. Police investigators work with hindsight too - their jobs would be a lot easier if they were there at the time. Do you think they would have assumed any of the above had they been called to the same scenario in England? I think all options would have been open myself. Please note I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just saying that nothing can be assumed.

if you look at the type of parents who harm their children you will see that the mccanns do not fit any accepted profile. Experts who have spent time with the mccanns have found them to be a loving family. The mccanns have been put under the microscope...nothing has been found

Offline slartibartfast

Explain?

All in pieces, praying like mullahs, clearing phone history, cancelling shopping delivery.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

In the absence of any firm evidence to the contrary ... I think that the fact that the Drs McCann are loving, caring parents is a safe assumption to make.

Given the same scenario in England I am certain the case would have been handled differently for the simple reason the British police would have initiated procedure.
The evidence that the Portuguese investigating team hadn't a clue lies in the literature the Brits found it necessary to give to them to enable an understanding of the procedures they should have undertaken from the start.

Offline Brietta

All in pieces, praying like mullahs, clearing phone history, cancelling shopping delivery.

Would someone kindly explain to me the significance of the cancellation of the shopping delivery?

Online Eleanor

Would someone kindly explain to me the significance of the cancellation of the shopping delivery?

Good Manners?

Although I seem to remember that Kate arranged for a relative to take it in.

Offline Brietta

Good Manners?

Although I seem to remember that Kate arranged for a relative to take it in.

Thank you, Eleanor, no wonder I failed to catch on to it as part of the 'crime of the century'.

Offline Mr Gray

exactly when was the phone history cleared

Alfred R Jones

This all happened at the same time did it?