Author Topic: Does publicly "doubting" the McCanns add to the distress of the McCann family?  (Read 83443 times)

Offline G-Unit

In the absence of any firm evidence to the contrary ... I think that the fact that the Drs McCann are loving, caring parents is a safe assumption to make.

Given the same scenario in England I am certain the case would have been handled differently for the simple reason the British police would have initiated procedure.
The evidence that the Portuguese investigating team hadn't a clue lies in the literature the Brits found it necessary to give to them to enable an understanding of the procedures they should have undertaken from the start.

Well, it depends what you call loving and caring, and what you call firm evidence. By my standards that assumption is questionable, but we all have different standards. You see I wouldn't have taken my three children on holiday and spent the bare minimum of time with them. I wouldn't have gone out five nights on the trot and left them alone. I had three children under five and didn't need relatives to come hundreds of miles to help me if I was alone with them at the weekends. As an army wife I was alone with my children for weeks, not weekends. If one of my children had disappeared no-one would have separated me from the others the following day. If my friends came to help I wouldn't have complained that I had to pick my children up from nursery because my friends had gone out searching for my missing child. I wouldn't have asked them to stop searching and come back and look after my children for me. If I took a camera on holiday with me I would have had lots of lovely photos in my camera by the sixth day of my holiday, I wouldn't have had to use a six month old picture to give to the police. You and others may think this is how loving and caring parents behave, but I don't. Different standards.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

Well, it depends what you call loving and caring, and what you call firm evidence. By my standards that assumption is questionable, but we all have different standards. You see I wouldn't have taken my three children on holiday and spent the bare minimum of time with them. I wouldn't have gone out five nights on the trot and left them alone. I had three children under five and didn't need relatives to come hundreds of miles to help me if I was alone with them at the weekends. As an army wife I was alone with my children for weeks, not weekends. If one of my children had disappeared no-one would have separated me from the others the following day. If my friends came to help I wouldn't have complained that I had to pick my children up from nursery because my friends had gone out searching for my missing child. I wouldn't have asked them to stop searching and come back and look after my children for me. If I took a camera on holiday with me I would have had lots of lovely photos in my camera by the sixth day of my holiday, I wouldn't have had to use a six month old picture to give to the police. You and others may think this is how loving and caring parents behave, but I don't. Different standards.

Excellent bit of common sense there G-Unit.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

So, because you consider yourself to be loving and caring by your standards does that mean by your standards at least, that the McCanns are neither loving nor caring parents?

Offline Brietta

Fine ... you deplore the Drs McCann parenting skills ... your privilege.

In what way do the "doubting" campaigns assist Madeleine McCann?

For example who was the likely loser in the attempt to derail the CW information switchboard carried out by "doubters" ... sure, it would distress Madeleine's family, that goes without saying ... but who knows the potential implication it might have held for Madeleine? 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

Fine ... you deplore the Drs McCann parenting skills ... your privilege.

In what way do the "doubting" campaigns assist Madeleine McCann?

For example who was the likely loser in the attempt to derail the CW information switchboard carried out by "doubters" ... sure, it would distress Madeleine's family, that goes without saying ... but who knows the potential implication it might have held for Madeleine?

I have given examples of why I don't see them as particularly loving and caring. It's just my opinion based on my ideas of what is loving and caring obviously. Have you no examples to support your opinion?

Why are you asking me how the 'doubting' campaigns assist Madeleine McCann? I have doubts about the McCanns, true, but that doesn't make me a campaigner or a supporter of any campaigns. Go ask the campaigners.

I could ask you how the unquestioning belief of some people in the parent's complete innocence helps Madeleine? At the very least she would be less likely to be in the position she is in if they had behaved differently. I accuse them of nothing because I don't know what happened, but some of the things they have done and said make me wonder.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

Excellent bit of common sense there G-Unit.

Thank you.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Anna

Back on topic please Off topic posts will be deleted.

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Brietta

I have given examples of why I don't see them as particularly loving and caring. It's just my opinion based on my ideas of what is loving and caring obviously. Have you no examples to support your opinion?

Why are you asking me how the 'doubting' campaigns assist Madeleine McCann? I have doubts about the McCanns, true, but that doesn't make me a campaigner or a supporter of any campaigns. Go ask the campaigners.

I could ask you how the unquestioning belief of some people in the parent's complete innocence helps Madeleine? At the very least she would be less likely to be in the position she is in if they had behaved differently. I accuse them of nothing because I don't know what happened, but some of the things they have done and said make me wonder.

I have no interest in analysing the Mccann's parenting skills nor anyone else's for that matter ... suffice to say I take as dim a view of drunken driving while a child is in the car as people take of the McCann's dining out ... but I don't see that being held up as an example of 'bad' parenting.

Madeleine McCann's parents have been fully investigated by the lawful authorities who have seen fit to charge them with what??

An internet lynch mob who have set themselves up as judge - jury - and hangman is contemptible ... and the fact that they have made it their business of choice to torture the McCann family in every which way they can for nearly eight years now.

I don't have to wonder at the types involved in those particular groupings ... I have become very aware of some of the ringleaders and can only judge their following by that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

I have no interest in analysing the Mccann's parenting skills nor anyone else's for that matter ... suffice to say I take as dim a view of drunken driving while a child is in the car as people take of the McCann's dining out ... but I don't see that being held up as an example of 'bad' parenting.

Madeleine McCann's parents have been fully investigated by the lawful authorities who have seen fit to charge them with what??

An internet lynch mob who have set themselves up as judge - jury - and hangman is contemptible ... and the fact that they have made it their business of choice to torture the McCann family in every which way they can for nearly eight years now.

I don't have to wonder at the types involved in those particular groupings ... I have become very aware of some of the ringleaders and can only judge their following by that.

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

Well put.  My feelings exactly

And I have to wonder why some of them are so determined to put out such lies and disinformation.

Propaganda .... WHY?

Offline Brietta

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

Well put.  My feelings exactly

And I have to wonder why some of them are so determined to put out such lies and disinformation.

Propaganda .... WHY?

I think for some it may be some kind of game played by like minded misfits, Sadie.

If they hadn't latched on to the McCanns in their misery ... it would probably have been someone else.  All I can equate it with are the militant ghouls we have seen throwing young men off high buildings and the recent case of the ghouls shouting encouragement to the suicidal young man on the top of a high building to "jump" ... and recording on their iphones when he did.

Offline G-Unit

No, don't analyse - assume, assert, state as fact. When your 'fact' is questioned - divert, attack, accuse. Don't produce anything to support the fact you have stated.

Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

No, don't analyse - assume, assert, state as fact. When your 'fact' is questioned - divert, attack, accuse. Don't produce anything to support the fact you have stated.
Just because the McCanns don't meet YOUR criteria as loving and caring parents doesn't mean they AREN'T loving and caring parents, would you not agree?  If they were neither loving nor caring would the twins still be in their care?

Offline slartibartfast

Just because the McCanns don't meet YOUR criteria as loving and caring parents doesn't mean they AREN'T loving and caring parents, would you not agree?  If they were neither loving nor caring would the twins still be in their care?

Surely someone has some evidence of the loving and caring, it shouldn't be that difficult.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Benice

Surely someone has some evidence of the loving and caring, it shouldn't be that difficult.

There are plenty of photographs and a couple of family videos around as 'evidence'.     If anyone can see any signs of lack of  parental love and care in any of them  - I would be very surprised.   They show the complete opposite IMO.   The video of Madeleine wearing her fairy outfit - where she wrinkles her nose - is lovely IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Benice

I didn't just decide to unquestionably believe the McCanns's innocence.   I read the evidence and came to the same conclusion as the authorities have -i.e.  no credible motive, no means, no time, no car, no knowledge of the area and no evidence to show otherwise.     Plus the fact that they obviously loved and adored their children - all of whom they wanted so badly that IVF was utilised.   

Since then - the fact that  they have NOT attempted to disappear into obscurity but have made every effort to keep attention on Madeleine's disappearance (which was impossible to do without also calling attention to themselves) is the most overwhelming proof IMO that they are innocent.

No guilty person would behave as they have behaved since May 2007 - unless they were both insane or both criminal masterminds of the century.   I don't believe they are either - and there is not a scrap of evidence to suggest they are.

The fact that they didn't spend this particular holiday in the way other people would - is not evidence of lack of parental love and care.   If it was - then everyone who ever booked one of these type of holidays - which are specifically designed to cater for both parents and children - and are there because there is a demand for them are also guilty of lack of love and care.  That's millions of guilty parents!   

Sorry - doesn't work for me.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal