Author Topic: Does publicly "doubting" the McCanns add to the distress of the McCann family?  (Read 83446 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

I have no interest in analysing the Mccann's parenting skills nor anyone else's for that matter ... suffice to say I take as dim a view of drunken driving while a child is in the car as people take of the McCann's dining out ... but I don't see that being held up as an example of 'bad' parenting.

Madeleine McCann's parents have been fully investigated by the lawful authorities who have seen fit to charge them with what??

An internet lynch mob who have set themselves up as judge - jury - and hangman is contemptible ... and the fact that they have made it their business of choice to torture the McCann family in every which way they can for nearly eight years now.

I don't have to wonder at the types involved in those particular groupings ... I have become very aware of some of the ringleaders and can only judge their following by that.

My response in blue:

who ,and where in this forum is this lynch mob? ( you supporters constanly mention them even when they are not on this forum). so Have I missed this? Or are you just lobbing all who do not love the McCanns in the same group....

Speaking of which.  You don't like the mob judging, yet you feel free to judge those who you see fit?  Oh ok
then...

Now then how about you show us evidence of this torture being thrust upon the McCanns on this forum?
I will contact Admin incase they missed those posts as well.

'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

My response in blue:

who ,and where in this forum is this lynch mob? ( you supporters constanly mention them even when they are not on this forum). so Have I missed this? Or are you just lobbing all who do not love the McCanns in the same group....

Speaking of which.  You don't like the mob judging, yet you feel free to judge those who you see fit?  Oh ok
then...

Now then how about you show us evidence of this torture being thrust upon the McCanns on this forum?
I will contact Admin incase they missed those posts as well.

Just for once Carly, please try to take in the global discussion as a whole and go with the flow of it. Not everything involves being compartmentalised into a single component.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

Madeleine and the twins had been on holiday before they went to Portugal,   they had played on the beach and done all that small children love to do.

Although I haven't used crèche facilities myself I have been away with friends who have.    The children WANTED to go,  they played with other children of the same age and did things that maybe their parents wouldn't have done with them.

As the McCann children had already had a holiday before they went to Portugal  I can't see how letting them have fun in a crèche whilst they had fun learning to play tennis is not 'loving and caring'.    The weather wasn't exactly brilliant and Madeleine enjoyed interacting with other children,   they went to the beach and went on a boat,  would she have gone on a boat if she hadn't been going to the crèche?    I really can't see how the McCann's can be called mean for having a week where they got to have a break too.  Who knows they may have been planning another family holiday for later on in the year.

Yes they left them alone something they shouldn't have done.   They thought they would be safe asleep in their beds,  they checked on them regularly.    That doesn't mean they were not loving and caring,   they believed them to be safe.

As for family coming hundreds of miles at the week-end to help with the children.    How do you know they were asked to do this?    Have you had twins?    Maybe the family WANTED to help out.

You say you wouldn't have been separated from your other children if one of them disappeared.    You really can't say what you would do in those circumstances,  no one could say what they would do.

I would like to think though that I would be thinking how Kate was,   she wanted life to go on as normal for the twins so they went as usual to the crèche.     What would have been better?   Letting them stay among a strained atmosphere with their parents crying,   not knowing why they were crying,  watching confused? Not only their parents crying but their Grandparents,   Kate said it was awful to watch her Dad who suffers from Parkinson disease,  sobbing his heart out,  how do you think  children of two years would cope with that?   The McCann's had to go to the police station anyway so they would hardly have been able to spend a lot of time with them.

Though Kate says this in her book -   Gerry and I saw much less of them than would normally have been the case.  When we did,  we tried to make it up to them by giving them proper quality time with lots of cuddles.

They did have photo's,   the police wanted one that showed a clear picture of Madeleine's face.   There were numerous photo's but they were of Madeleine with other children,  or Madeleine not looking straight at the camera

I would really read all the police files and think hard before you label parents as not being 'loving'.    The McCann's have shown what loving parents are they are parents who will never give up the search for their daughter.

What a sensitive and thoughtful piece, beautifully written. 

Well done Lace   8@??)( 8@??)(

Offline sadie

I didn't just decide to unquestionably believe the McCanns's innocence.   I read the evidence and came to the same conclusion as the authorities have -i.e.  no credible motive, no means, no time, no car, no knowledge of the area and no evidence to show otherwise.     Plus the fact that they obviously loved and adored their children - all of whom they wanted so badly that IVF was utilised.   

Since then - the fact that  they have NOT attempted to disappear into obscurity but have made every effort to keep attention on Madeleine's disappearance (which was impossible to do without also calling attention to themselves) is the most overwhelming proof IMO that they are innocent.

No guilty person would behave as they have behaved since May 2007 - unless they were both insane or both criminal masterminds of the century.   I don't believe they are either - and there is not a scrap of evidence to suggest they are.

The fact that they didn't spend this particular holiday in the way other people would - is not evidence of lack of parental love and care.   If it was - then everyone who ever booked one of these type of holidays - which are specifically designed to cater for both parents and children - and are there because there is a demand for them are also guilty of lack of love and care.  That's millions of guilty parents!   

Sorry - doesn't work for me.

I went thru exactly the same process Benice and after much thought came to the same conclusion as you. 8((()*/

Additionally, can anyone here suggest a guilty party that has pressed Scotland Yard to come in and investigate THEM?

Please get real.