Author Topic: The ambient lighting and its effect on the children's bedroom window.  (Read 43948 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: The ambient lighting and its effect on the children's bedroom window.
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:46 PM »
This shot is taken from an elevated position, but shows an elevated view of what the girl , (was she named Baptista?) had as she was driven out.  Please bear in mind that the wall in front of her was the wall we saw "Jane tanner" walk along in the Cutting Edge Video.  And all the length of wall in front of her is higher than she is.

Did she see the grey car where she thought she did?  Cos she certainly didn't see it from there.  I fear she misremembered, unless she had reason to look back into the darkness as they drove past the entrance to block 5 car park around the corner.  Most people look forward rather than back and towards the light rather than into the gloom and blackness.

The only reason I could think of for a backward look is that something subconsciously caught her attention.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2015, 11:33:02 PM »
As long as she starts providing some cites for her claims and stops pretending to know things no one else does. How can any of her theories be discussed without any substance.
Slarti, my friend

I have ruined my eyes searching cites for things EVERYONE knew was correct, but just demanded to keep me running around.    I no longer do that, and I know that inevitably it weakens my argument. 
Eyesight is so precious.

Most people who have known me for up to seven years know me to be an honest person.  Like everyone, I can make mistakes and if ever I have done so, I try and always apologise.  I never deliberately lie

As for knowing things that others on here dont know.  'Tis the truth, but I cannot divulge them.  They have been passed to the police.

I could write probably 5 books on things that none of you know about ... and now that I have more or less stopped looking, information still keeps linking up.

Sorry to be so mysterious, but needs must

Offline sadie

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2015, 11:50:07 PM »
The only reason I could think of for a backward look is that something subconsciously caught her attention.
That is possible, Brietta.
But the wind was blowing a good bit and the way the tree fonds are is rather like a weeping willow.  THey are long and suple and move with the wind .. rather distracting, I would have thought

Even more likely, if she is not imagining it, is thta as they drove along, and the eastern corner of identical Block 4 appeared in their lights.  Was the grey car in front of the identical appartment to 5A in block 4 ?[now named Casa Maria by the owners]

I certainly cannot imagine how she could have seen a car in front of 5A as they left block 6 car park.  Wall far too high and that's apart from the dense tree heads.

Dunno

Offline John

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2015, 12:40:42 AM »
John, thank you for your photograph, but I think you are mistaken.  Without referring back, I can tell you that you have the wrong streetlamp. 

Using your image, the streetlamp in PF's photo is the one just to the right and behind the woman walking.

Definitely not Sadie, the lamp in Pathfinders photo is just in front of block 6 and not up at the top of the road.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2015, 12:43:42 AM »
This photograph was taken from an elevated position in Block 6.  From the size of the trees, I would guestimate that it was about the time of the abduction.  Depends, of course, just how much pollarding had gone on.

At this stage there shows a gap between the trees and 5A, but as youcan see the trees stop the light.  There is a tree shaped shadow on the wall of 5A from the streetlamp.

I can assure you that when I first visited 5A, the depth of the shadow over 5A front door was intense, like the black hole of calcutta, ... and very dark over the bedroom window as well.

It was upon seeing that the deeply recessed door was not overlooked from anywhere, was not passed by any walkers etc.  that i decided that the only sensible way in was through the front door.  IIRC the porch light fitting was broken too.

I have shown where the picture was taken from.  Mike Teskowski took it in June 2010 being some 4 years after the disappearance.  My only point in posting it is to show that even then the trees hadn't been cut down.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2015, 12:51:45 AM »
Viewed from the street just in front of apartment 5a.

Blue dot = June 2010 picture taken from this position.
Red dot = Position of street lamp.

Viewed from apartment 5a adjacent to the children's bedroom window.

PHOTO BY PAT BROWN - FEBRUARY 2012
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:48:07 PM by John »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2015, 01:02:16 AM »
John has found the correct standing light source but this photo is taken outside the shutters at apartment 5A.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:47:06 PM by John »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2015, 01:24:41 AM »
Definitely not Sadie, the lamp in Pathfinders photo is just in front of block 6 and not up at the top of the road.

John, my mistake.  You were right.   I should have referred back to the originals, but didn't .... My apologies

The streetlamp in the treeless photo was the one you show, but what a long exposure to get such a massive glow!   That treeless  photo was taken after June 2010 and before Pat Browns visit 

Offline John

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2015, 01:36:18 AM »
John, my mistake.  You were right.   I should have referred back to the originals, but didn't .... My apologies

The street lamp in the treeless photo was the one you show, but what a long exposure to get such a massive glow!   That treeless  photo was taken after June 2010 and before Pat Browns visit

Thanks Sadie and good to see you back.  Hope you are well?

You quite rightly point out that the glow from the street lamp is excessive, easily done on a digital photo.

I posted earlier that no light would have got through the trees but in hindsight I retract that comment.  Some light from the three street lights would have penetrated the trees and especially so if it was the windy night we are led to believe it was.

Something else I noticed tonight while reviewing the photographs taken in the vicinity of block 5 is that there actually is a street light adjacent to the car park entrance.

Image June 2009

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:48:27 AM by John »

Offline sadie

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2015, 01:38:50 AM »
I have shown where the picture was taken from.  Mike Teskowski took it in June 2010 being some 4 years after the disappearance.  My only point in posting it is to show that even then the trees hadn't been cut down.

I was in PdL at the same time (ish) as Mike T.  I have a dated personal photo taken from the opposite direction.  It is dated 21st June 2010

It is a daylight photo and it is treed as it was in June 2010, in Mikes photo.  The position that I shot it from is almost exactly the same as the position in Pat Browns photo below

On my phoyto the head of the trees come across much of the way and there is no sight of the balcony lights area or the street lights as shown in this photo by Pat Brown.  Just trees   Beautiful Trees

What a sin to cut them down. 

Offline misty

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2015, 01:39:05 AM »
John has found the correct standing light source but this photo is taken outside the shutters at apartment 5A.

How do you explain both the wall surfaces outside 5a which are not facing the street light being illuminated?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:47:31 PM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2015, 01:49:56 AM »
How do you explain both the wall surfaces outside 5a which are not facing the street light being illuminated?

Photographers lamp Misty.  On second thoughts since there is a shadow on the wall the illumination is coming from the new floodlight fitted directly above 5a.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:58:29 AM by John »

Offline sadie

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2015, 01:57:39 AM »
Thanks Sadie and good to see you back.  Hope you are well?

You quite rightly point out that the glow from the street lamp is excessive, easily done on a digital photo.

I posted earlier that no light would have got through the trees but in hindsight I retract that comment.  Some light from the three street lights would have penetrated the trees and especially so if it was the windy night we are led to believe it was.

Something else I noticed tonight while reviewing the photographs taken in the vicinity of block 5 is that there actually is a street light adjacent to the car park entrance.

Yep, I noticed that a couple of years ago, but you know what. 
It's lamp is bang in the middle of a full headed tree.  Not much light came through there.

John I visited, albeit, in 2010 and not 2007 ... and the front door area was pitch black.  It is recessed, of course.

The window area was also very gloomy.  No big lamp shining like in the Pat Brown photos.  That is new.

I am very old these days John with a lot of family worries and have been unwell with a string of things, but hey one expects it when they get as ancient as me.   Thanks for enquiring.

Am off to bed now

Nigh night all

x

Offline John

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2015, 01:59:45 AM »
Yep, I noticed that a couple of years ago, but you know what. 
It's lamp is bang in the middle of a full headed tree.  Not much light came through there.

John I visited, albeit, in 2010 and not 2007 ... and the front door area was pitch black.  It is recessed, of course.

The window area was also very gloomy.  No big lamp shining like in the Pat Brown photos.  That is new.

I am very old these days John with a lot of family worries and have been unwell with a string of things, but hey one expects it when they get as ancient as me.   Thanks for enquiring.

Am off to bed now

Nigh night all

x

Night all...sweet dreams!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2015, 03:12:02 AM »
They do not appear to be like venetian blinds, they are either raised or closed.  When closed the small ventilation holes would let light through but the curtains would block that ... and I doubt it would be particularly noticeable to a person passing in a vehicle.
IMO if she saw a light it was from the open door or a raised shutter with the curtain either pulled or blown back.

I'm sure Shining would know offhand what can be seen when these shutters are down.

I am sure that 50 or so posts down I will find out what you are rabbiting about (not you Brietta, just folks in general).
Shutters of the type on 5A can be put in 3 main positions.

First, completely open. Not relevant?

Second, nearly closed.  You can let a little bit of air through.  You can let a little bit of light through.

Third, fully closed.  No light and no breeze.

As to what they were that night, I have no opinion.
What's up, old man?