Author Topic: What did Kate McCann really see in the Children's Bedroom  (Read 58342 times)

Offline jassi

Re: What did Kate McCann really see in the Children's Bedroom
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2018, 05:16:30 PM »
Two possibilities.

1. If window is also open, just reach in and pull tape to lift shutter.

2. If window not open push shutter up as far as possible and jam it in position.

Would that not leave the shutter in the up position?  Surely if that were the case, others should have observed the shutter in that position.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2018, 05:19:25 PM »
OK in that situation you can get the front door to slam even when it is quite open for there is a full gust of wind through the house.  That happens.  What happens if there is little to no breeze?

In that case no air movement so doors don't move.  We know however that on the night of the 3rd May 2007 in Praia da Luz there was a lot of wind.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2018, 05:22:58 PM »
Don't think he has ever made any mention of that.
If football was so important he could have had a takeaway.

Didn't Kate make the comment to one of the other members of the tapas group about him taking so long and the answer came back that he was probably watching the football.  In reality though Gerry says he went to the toilet while in the apartment and had that chat with Jez which accounted for the time.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2018, 05:26:25 PM »
Would that not leave the shutter in the up position?  Surely if that were the case, others should have observed the shutter in that position.

You can also drop it from outside by simply releasing the tape, drop the shutter onto your arms. Removing your arms allows the shutter to drop onto the sill.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2018, 05:34:38 PM »
Didn't Kate make the comment to one of the other members of the tapas group about him taking so long and the answer came back that he was probably watching the football.  In reality though Gerry says he went to the toilet while in the apartment and had that chat with Jez which accounted for the time.

Jane heard the long away check probably watching football before she left the table and then saw Gerry and Jez chatting so that doesn't account for the time away.

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2018, 05:35:32 PM »
You can also drop it from outside by simply releasing the tape, drop the shutter onto your arms. Removing your arms allows the shutter to drop onto the sill.

Thanks. Any idea why anyone would  want to do that?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Innominate

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2018, 06:03:33 PM »
Clearly demonstrates that she wasn't intending to do a visual check but simply intended to listen at the patio door for anything untoward.

This something I do not understand.

The Tapas group made comments about how KMcC discussed she was concerned about MBM at the dinner table that night.

E.g.

FP Rogatory:

'Alright. Do you recall on the Tuesday night, I believe, Madeleine crying or somebody from the McCANN's apartment crying''

'I thought that was Wednesday night. You see, I mean, I only knew about that because on Thursday night Kate had said, erm, as we were chatting at the table 'Oh', you know, 'I wonder', you know, 'what', 'what she cried about' or, you know, she'd asked Madeleine, erm, because I think Madeleine had said something 'Where were you mummy, me and Sean cried' and, you know, 'where were you' and that had obviously worried Kate and she couldn't get anything more out of Madeleine, Madeleine had sort of moved on and, you know, didn't say anything more than that and wouldn't say, you know, whether she'd heard anything or been woken up or whether she had just woken up herself'

'Yeah'.

'So that was on her mind'.

'Right. So Kate told you that that happened on the Wednesday''

'Well she told me about it on the Thursday'.

'Told you on the Thursday, yeah'.

'So, yeah, thinking now, I just was thinking it was the Wednesday night'.

'But you can't remember whether she said it was Wednesday night that it happened''

'No, I can't say that she said it was the night before'.

'Right'.

'But I know I heard about it on the Thursday night when we were sat, sat down'.

--------------

I do not really understand why KMcC did not immediately check on MBM when she saw the door open - given that she had discussed concerns with the Tapas group at the table.

I'm not reading a lot into it, but it appears incongruous given the concerns expressed earlier not to make a proper check as soon as the door was seen to be open. It is arguable that delegating a check to MO, when you had concerns, was not the most appropriate option if there were concerns.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2018, 09:16:56 PM »
Two possibilities.

1. If window is also open, just lift shutter about six inches, reach in and pull tape to lift shutter up.

2. If window not open push shutter up as far as possible and jam it in position.
Over the years no one has shown us a way to jam it up in the raised position.  We don't have these types of shutters in NZ so I have no experience of jamming them myself.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2018, 09:24:25 PM »
Kate demonstrates this in this video, you will only have to watch the first minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhACS6ck-Dw
IMO she demonstrates it perfectly well.  The place is not apartment 5A so the dimensions are not perfect.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2018, 09:29:58 PM »
Also if it was jammed up it may not be possible to lower it from the inside.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2018, 09:33:57 PM »
Is that like if you find a shutter up you can lower it from the outside by that method?
Moderation

Offline Robin Banks

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »
Kate McCann say's she can see the twins in their cot, does she mean one cot or two cot's.  If there is a light in the vicinity of where Kate was standing behind the bedroom door then the first light in the bedroom would be along side the bedroom wall that Maddie was lying next to, the wall which Maddie's bed lay length ways and the foot of the bed being  close to the door.  Light is a little bit like human vision it can sometimes act in a similar way.  As I have stated several times, when opening a door further and further a bigger picture of whats behind the door is formed.  Light is exactly the same.

Doing experiments is a real eye opener

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2018, 10:20:08 PM »
Kate McCann say's she can see the twins in their cot, does she mean one cot or two cot's.  If there is a light in the vicinity of where Kate was standing behind the bedroom door then the first light in the bedroom would be along side the bedroom wall that Maddie was lying next to, the wall which Maddie's bed lay length ways and the foot of the bed being  close to the door.  Light is a little bit like human vision it can sometimes act in a similar way.  As I have stated several times, when opening a door further and further a bigger picture of whats behind the door is formed.  Light is exactly the same.

Indeed, but we can also read what Gerry has to say about him looking in the bedroom he saw Madeleine, had a proud dad moment, but never mentioned the twins- seeing them  when he looked in. So where is this light coming from. if it was windy and the 'abductor is quite near with his jemmy tool wating to get in grab Maddie  to be seen by Jane Tanner as she passed Gerry... yeah fast worker this 'abductor'...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »

Assessing evidence is a real eye opener.. It's something I do on a daily basis... I reckon I'm pretty good at it

You provide a cite last night that simply did not support your case.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:52:02 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »

"Kate McCann say's she can see the twins in their cot, does she mean one cot or two cot's."  Two cots.

"If there is a light in the vicinity of where Kate was standing behind the bedroom door then the first light in the bedroom would be along side the bedroom wall that Maddie was lying next to, the wall which Maddie's bed lay length ways and the foot of the bed being  close to the door."

I agree about the "the foot of the bed being  close to the door" but the rest is incorrect.

"Light is a little bit like human vision it can sometimes act in a similar way.  As I have stated several times, when opening a door further and further a bigger picture of whats behind the door is formed.  Light is exactly the same."  Not exactly physics.
Moderation