Author Topic: Twist in case of missing two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr as parents named suspects  (Read 95631 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Twist in case of missing two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr as parents named suspects
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:24 PM »
Here it is Misty

People Magazine Investigates premiere episode Lost in the Woods on Mon., Nov. 13, at 10 p.m. ET on Investigation Discovery.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:58:39 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

Re: Twist in case of missing two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr as parents named suspects
« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2017, 01:42:27 PM »
Here it is Misty

People Magazine Investigates premiere episode Lost in the Woods on Mon., Nov. 13, at 10 p.m. ET on Investigation Discovery.

Thanks, P/F.

An update from Klein. Some of the comments under the article are quite interesting.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/11/private-investigator-philip-klein-withdraws-deorr-kunz-case/

NEDERLAND, Texas — Philip Klein and his private investigation firm KIC Texas have formally withdrawn from the DeOrr Kunz Jr. missing persons case.

Klein was originally hired by the Kunz family in early 2016 to investigate the disappearance of 2-year-old DeOrr.

The Idaho Falls toddler vanished in July 2015 while on a camping trip in Lemhi County with his parents, great-grandfather and a friend of his great-grandfather. There has been no sign of DeOrr since that day, and nobody has been charged in connection to his disappearance.

Klein was later fired by the family, but continued to investigate the case after being rehired by another unknown family member.

On Monday, Klein issued the following statement to the media about his reasons for the withdrawal. He declined to elaborate beyond the statement, saying “it speaks for itself.”

STATEMENT:

On Monday, November 13, 2017, KIC Texas provided formal notice to Steve Penner, Lemhi County Sheriff, that we would be withdrawing from the DeOrr Kunz case effective immediately. I would like to make the reasons for withdrawal very clear for the media and the general public:

We believe KIC Texas can no longer move this case forward. It is our firm belief that until truthfulness comes from the persons that we, as well as law enforcement, have named as suspects, there is nothing further to investigate. All evidence leads to the death of Deorr Kunz, Jr., we do not believe a kidnapping or animal attack occurred — and all evidence supports this finding.
We believe charges should be filed on the parents for child endangerment, at a minimum. We publicly ask the District Attorney of Lemhi County to strongly consider this charge.
We have recently become aware that Vernal DeOrr Kunz and his father Dennis Kunz have filed another lawsuit against our firm. This suit, as well as the misinformation campaign by certain social media trolls, appears to be a coordinated effort to impede the investigation. We are unable to continue our efforts in this case while simultaneously defending against a suit of this nature. As we have said: “The Truth Is The Ultimate Defense.”
We would like to publicly thank the citizens of Idaho for their open hearts and minds. We thank the businesses that offered us food, shelter and warm wishes. We thank the family members of Baby DeOrr who have pure and clean hearts, and have helped us understand the parent’s dysfunctional family dynamic.

We would also like to thank the many who we have interviewed. You are in great hands with Lemhi County Sheriff Penner, Bonneville County Sheriff, and the FBI. We believe Deorr Kunz, Jr. will be found one day.

=====================================================================

I will have to catch up on the fallout on Social Media later.

Offline misty

http://www.littlemanlost.com/

6 short episodes & 4 vlogs.

A very interesting revelation about a blond hair, seen on the shovel which looked to Jessica like it had been recently used.

Offline kmoore1967

It almost sounds like all the other Missing 411 cases that David Paulides writes about.

Now here is something that happened in North Carolina back in 2005, I think. Two small boys were at their grandparents' trailer home in Stokes County. They were put to bed for a nap as usual the same time. Their dad was coming to pick them up later.

Somehow these two little boys, one aged 5 and the younger aged 3, managed to open a locked screen, climb out the window, fall to the ground and walk away. They were spotted walking along the road several miles away only wearing underwear and the person who was driving knew them and stopped to get them, but they walked without looking at the person down to the riverbank of the Dan River. The person reported this to the police and there was a county wide search for them. They were find several miles down the river, drowned.

That's also like that Tennessee boy who disappeared in the 1960s who had never been seen again.

It's very strange.

Offline misty

It almost sounds like all the other Missing 411 cases that David Paulides writes about.

Now here is something that happened in North Carolina back in 2005, I think. Two small boys were at their grandparents' trailer home in Stokes County. They were put to bed for a nap as usual the same time. Their dad was coming to pick them up later.

Somehow these two little boys, one aged 5 and the younger aged 3, managed to open a locked screen, climb out the window, fall to the ground and walk away. They were spotted walking along the road several miles away only wearing underwear and the person who was driving knew them and stopped to get them, but they walked without looking at the person down to the riverbank of the Dan River. The person reported this to the police and there was a county wide search for them. They were find several miles down the river, drowned.

That's also like that Tennessee boy who disappeared in the 1960s who had never been seen again.

It's very strange.

I guess it was somewhat "fortunate" for the parents of the 2 young boys that they were seen walking together towards the river or there may have been a miscarriage of justice there. Was it ever ascertained how they managed to leave their home by the method described?
Paulides has researched some interesting cases, particularly in Oregan & Crater Lake. Cody Sheehy & more notably Keith Parkins (age 2.5yrs) covered remarkable distances before eventually being found alive.
It is possible Deorr Jr did end up in the creek & was swept away, given that he appeared comfortable around water from family photos. However, the niggle of comments by others on SM about one of the group & his attitude regarding Deorr Jr's presence on the trip, coupled with his strange behaviour in the hours after the disappearance, remain.
I see that the family are trying to get NecroSearch involved. Possibly that may provide some answers.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »
In 2016, Trace and Chance were asked by private investigators to help in the disappearance of two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr. Their search began in Idaho Falls and continued all along the path to Timber Creek Campsite where DeOrr was last seen. At the campsite, Chance picked up a scent.

"Chance did alert to an area right there within the campsite, so we checked. We took him out of it, the investigators stepped in. We dug that area up to see if there was any physical, tangible evidence that we could touch and feel and see. We didn't find any physical evidence, but what he is telling us, he indicated to us that there is human remain scent here."

The key, Trace reveals, is trying to figure out if the scent Chance hits on is related to the case or not. While they didn’t find any evidence that tied directly to the DeOrr Kunz case, Trace says she wasn’t able to fully rule it out either.

"I trust these dogs. Their nose is a lot better than me trying to think it through and using my mind to try and figure it out. It really is a team work effort. He doesn't do it by himself and I don't do it by myself. We really work together as a team."

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/investigations/little-man-lost/deorrs-mother-talks-about-accusations-against-her-little-man-lost-episode-6/277-524202931
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/06/investigators-searching-on-area-of-interest-in-search-for-deorr-kunz/

Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com
DeOrr Kunz Jr.   Published at 1:00 pm, June 5, 2019    | Updated at 1:00 pm, June 5, 2019

LEADORE — Investigators are focusing on an “area of interest” in the search for DeOrr Kunz Jr., an Idaho Falls toddler who vanished while camping four years ago.

David Marshburn, a private investigator working with the Search for Me Foundation, has spent the past few days in Lemhi County with Sheriff Steve Penner. Marshburn brought two trained search dogs and confirmed in a Facebook post Wednesday that his job in Idaho is complete.

Penner tells EastIdahoNews.com he has been working with Marshburn and appreciates his contributions to the case.

“I can tell you we have focused and will be focused on an area of interest for the next few weeks,” Penner says. “I can confirm no new evidence has been collected at this time, and we continue to investigate this case.”

Penner did not elaborate on where that area is, though he did say he was there when he spoke to EastIdahoNews.com on Wednesday afternoon.

DeOrr vanished July 10, 2015, while at the Timber Creek Campground in Lemhi County with his parents, great-grandfather and a friend of his great-grandfather. There has been no sign of DeOrr since that day, and nobody has been charged in connection to his disappearance.

EastIdahoNews.com has reached out to Marshburn for additional comment. We will update this story if we receive new information.

“We can not confirm or deny anything at this time!” Marshburn wrote. “We will be returning to NC (North Carolina) because we feel our part is done. We would like to thank Sheriff Penner and his department for the hospitality. They made us feel like one of their own.”
================================================================

New dogs, to add to the 17+ deployed at the outset, + Tracy Sargeant & Chance a couple of years later, and now some new hits. I hope that Deorr Jr will soon be located.
For those of the mindset it was theparentswotdunit, Marshburn has posted on his own F/B page that Vernal & Jessica were up at the camping ground with him, assisting. Great grandpa Bob Walton has passed away.

Offline pathfinder73

Investigator: Cadaver dogs alert on human remains at campground where DeOrr Kunz Jr. disappeared

Private investigator David Marshburn told KTVB authorities may have finally gotten the break in the case they have been waiting for.

Author: KTVB Staff
Published: 2:27 PM MDT June 27, 2019
Updated: 7:50 AM MDT June 28, 2019

LEADORE, Idaho — A pair of dogs specially trained to detect human remains have alerted on an area in the Lemhi County campground where an Idaho toddler vanished without a trace nearly four years ago, according to a private investigator.

DeOrr Kunz Jr., 2, went missing during a family trip to Timber Creek Campground near Leadore on July 10, 2015. Extensive searches of the area have turned up no sign of the boy.

But on Thursday, North Carolina-based private investigator David Marshburn told KTVB authorities may have gotten the break in the case they have been waiting for.

Marshburn said he was asked by family friends and community members to take the case. He said he took his two trained cadaver dogs up to the Timber Creek Campground June 8, searching the area for about a week. He said he was accompanied by Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner during the searches.

It took some time for his dogs to acclimatize to the thinner mountain air, Marshburn said, but on the third day, both dogs separately performed "a hard alert" on a specific area of the campground, indicating the presence of a body or remains. The dogs have been trained only to alert on human remains, not a decomposing animal, he said.

According to Marshburn, his dogs are trained only with human cadavers, human bone and teeth so they only alert to human remains. He also added that the dogs are trained to detect remains up to six feet underground.

“Our dogs are cadaver dogs," he explained. "They find cadaver scent – human cadaver scent. So when they do an alert we are pretty confident that they’re finding remains of a human. But are we saying, or can we say it’s 100 percent DeOrr? No. Can we say it’s an Indian from way back? No. We don’t know what’s 100 percent there, we just know the confidence in our dogs that there is human remains of some sort there – it’s just, 'What?'”

The private investigator acknowledged the remains his dogs smelled could belong to someone other than the missing 2-year-old. But Marshburn stressed he was hired to locate DeOrr, and said he believes he has accomplished that.

"I feel it, the closure that everybody needed," he said. After Marshburn's dogs' alert, Penner also brought in an independent cadaver dog, which alerted on the same area of the campground, he said. Marshburn would not say specifically where in the campground the dogs alerted.

The next steps will be up to the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office and local law enforcement to identify exactly what the dogs found.

“I know my dogs and I know what we do and they have their past history of finding people and I’m pretty confident – we feel we have got what we need," Marshburn told KTVB. "And we went back and now the sheriff’s office has got to do their part.”

Marshburn owns a nonprofit called Search For Me Foundation, which deals with missing persons cases. To date, Marshburn said he and his dogs have been part of helping solve 13 cases.

He tells KTVB community members raised $1,900 to bring Marshburn and his team to Idaho to help with the case. The rest of the  expenses were paid for out-of-pocket by he and his wife.

The Lemhi County Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday that the Timber Creek Campground will be closed Friday, June 28 through the weekend for a search connected to the DeOrr case.

The campsite was searched with cadaver dogs in the weeks after DeOrr went missing in 2015, but those dogs came up empty.

Former Lemhi County Sheriff Lynn Bowerman has said publicly that he believes DeOrr is dead and that he considers the toddler's parents to be suspects, a body has not been recovered, and no charges have ever been filed.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/investigator-cadaver-dogs-alert-on-human-remains-at-campground-where-deorr-kunz-jr-disappeared/277-b9dedc16-1e4d-4a63-b401-20b212b2f770

Offline misty

KTVB Special Report: DeOrr Kunz Jr.'s parents speak candidly about their son's disappearance (July2019)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ-fkvfDGnY

I defy anyone to not be moved by Vernal's words..
https://youtu.be/iJ-fkvfDGnY?t=1515   to 26m58s.