Author Topic: Siôn Jenkins completes research degree in law  (Read 17407 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Siôn Jenkins completes research degree in law
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 11:06:08 PM »
I cannot say for certain if Jenkins is guilty or innocent, but Joanne has at least thought out her responce better than the other contributors. Lately there has been rumours that the alleged m25 rapist murdered Billie Jo. again I cannot say for certain whether the alleged m25 rapist killed billie joe. However, I can submit excelent evidence that he did not rape at least two of the rapes he was found guilty of raping, and probably did not rape most if not all the raped ladies.
   Returning to Jenkins case innocent people are often imprissoned, and guilty people are allowed to retain their freedom. Maybe Jenkins is guilty, but all I see is he said she said.

Just before the cyanide kicks in, can I say that Sion Jenkins is innocent? He's just got an annoying face.

Innocent of murder or of being a domestic control freak with a propensity to violence?

Possibly both. Lois clearly loathed him (he does come across as a very strange man) but who knows if she was being truthful? It's interesting that, now his girls are older, they are keen to speak on his behalf.

There is never smoke without fire imo.  Lois would know that if she lied about the domestic abuse her daughters would at some stage show her up as a liar so there was no point in doing so.  Sion Jenkins had a violent temper so was quite capable of lashing out...the question is could this have escalated to murder.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 04:23:03 PM »
'Never smoke without fire'? That does imply that anyone facing an accusation is presumed guilty of something. It also goes against the legal premise of innocent until proven guilty. If you actually read Sion's book you will see that all the accusations came directly from Lois after she had been fed the report by Surrey police. Not before. There were no independent witnesses. Not only were there the other girls living in the house, but they also went through several live in nannies over the years. Lois was a social worker herself and Billie-Jo had regular sessions with her own social worker up until the end. But no complaints were ever raised.

Lois may well have known that her lies would have come out (the eldest girl flatly refuted them when they were first put to her). So she did her best to keep them out of giving any evidence in the original trial. There were tensions in the family due to Lois' career aspirations and wanting the family to move back to London. It was actually her who was a little strange due to an isolated upbringing. Sion describes how in one of their early dates before getting married, he realises she has no idea who characters such as Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Becall are.

Sion most definitely did not have a violent temper. He was a professional teacher on the brink of being promoted to head at his school on the basis of recommendations and his experience. He was well used to dealing with demanding children. Even the tent peg used as a murder weapon doesn't make sense if he used it. There were nearer weapons to hand that he could have used.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 06:59:54 PM by Brigadier »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 10:14:41 PM »
I believe this man is guilty. It is one of those awful situations where you just can't shrug-off the belief that he murdered his step-daughter and got away with it. All the nonsense afterwards such as writing a book to say how 'innocent' he claims to be and how we 'must catch the real killer' smacks of the old Shakespearean adage
'He doth protesteth too much' Moreover, Jenkins seems to have developed a parasitic lifestyle after his release. Jenkins' new wife (a woman that wrote to him while he was incarcerated) has financed his law degree and lifestyle. According to one acquaintance: ‘She is the only one working. They moved to Southsea to free up some of the money from their property. She’s paying for everything. Since his acquittal in 2006 Jenkins has devoted his time to studying for an MSc in criminology, which he is now extending into a doctorate — something that may not have gone down well with some members of Tina’s extended family.
As one put it: ‘He is a kept man. And you have to ask, why he would allow his wife to work her fingers to the bone as a nurse while he spends years going off to ponce around in a library without so much as a shred of guilt?’
The police investigating the case remain absolutely convinced Jenkins murdered 14 year old Billie-Jo in a fit of rage. Even his ex-wife made some damaging accusations about his violent behaviour. She stated that Jenkins would have been perfectly capable of killing Billie-Jo.
Maybe with the scrapping of the double-jeopardy law, new evidence may come to light and poor Billie-Jo and her biologocal family may just yet have their day in court and receive the justice for their murdered young daughter that they are entitled to.

8((()*/

I agree with your observations.
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 08:56:10 PM »
Before judging someone, try walking a mile in their shoes. Let's see now, what if you had everything you had work for and all that mattered to you, taken away in an instant? Then spend 6 years in jail. When you finally regain your freedom, let's see how you cope then?

He has lost any chance of resuming his career. Of course his new wife has had to support him. Remarrying someone after release from jail is perfectly normal. A spouse supporting their OH for a period of time (e.g. maternity leave, illness, as well studying) is also perfectly normal. Both should be encouraged. Exactly what alternative do you suggest? Living homeless under a railway bridge, I suppose.

In the eyes of the law, he is an innocent man having endured an unprecedented series of trials. You clearly disagree on this point. Not that either of our opinions have any influence on the matter.

You claim that he doth protest too much. Well he is putting his side across, while referencing the actual facts of the case. Considering the flood of accusions that continue, based on false testimony and spurious arguments, publishing his book seems perfectly justified. if he were actually guilty, the more understandable approach would have been to change his name, assume a new identity and avoid the media attention as best he can. But he has done none of that.

Offline uncleglenn2002

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 08:46:26 AM »
In response to puglove's post the big issue is forensics. Anyone who did this would have been covered in blood.
I agree it's ropey, but where's the blood?

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 07:18:11 PM »
I just think it weird that anyone should write to a convicted child murderer with the intent to form a romantic relationship with them.  *%87

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 07:19:37 PM »
In response to puglove's post the big issue is forensics. Anyone who did this would have been covered in blood.
I agree it's ropey, but where's the blood?

that issue didn't stop Jenkins from pointing the finger of suspicion at the "man in the hallway" who was certainly not covered in blood

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 09:55:55 PM »
"man in the hallway"
It was this version of events - brought up quite late in his book - that I seriously doubted. The idea that you had a guy in the hall calmly standing there and managing to slip out unseen by anyone else was something out of a Jonathan Creek episode. This had hallmarks in my mind of a false memory brought on by the stress of the situation.

The only thing going in Sion's favour regarding this was that it was totally overlooked in the investigation. They neither searched for this unexplained man, nor used this testimony against him. It was quietly ignored and Sion only realised that when he re-read his own case documents several years later.

Offline IndigoJ

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 07:46:45 AM »
It was this version of events - brought up quite late in his book - that I seriously doubted. The idea that you had a guy in the hall calmly standing there and managing to slip out unseen by anyone else was something out of a Jonathan Creek episode. This had hallmarks in my mind of a false memory brought on by the stress of the situation.

The only thing going in Sion's favour regarding this was that it was totally overlooked in the investigation. They neither searched for this unexplained man, nor used this testimony against him. It was quietly ignored and Sion only realised that when he re-read his own case documents several years later.

I wonder what other false memories he had ?

Offline Brigadier

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »
I wonder what other false memories he had ?
I thought that too when I was thinking about this aspect of the case. The 'Man in the Hall' warrants a thread of its own. Particularly as we're deviating off topic anyway.