Author Topic: Luke Mitchell Theories  (Read 108517 times)

Offline Rusty

Re: Luke Mitchell Theories
« Reply #870 on: April 16, 2024, 05:18:50 PM »
 @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #871 on: April 16, 2024, 05:26:25 PM »
Lol yes I'll try and get on their team.

I would like to know what the "alternative explanations" could be for example .....for people not remembering what they were doing at the V at the same time as a murder? I've never said A did it or B did it. Yes it's possible neither did it, but neither were properly investigated at the time and there are a lot of red flags about BOTH of them.

The Police told MK not long after the murder, after he went to the Police station that someone would get in touch with him. They never did until about 2 years after the Trial, supposedly because they didn't know where he was. They said that at a time when he was living in Newbattle College!  Clearly they weren't interested because they'd already decided to pursue LM.

Regarding the original defence team, bear in mind a lot of information was not provided to them by the Prosecution, it was witheld. A prime example - MK was known to have written 2 essays about killing a girl in the woods. The Police maintained no such essays titled "Killing a Girl in the Woods" ever existed. However these essays have recently been found and the title of them was "No Remorse". The Police knew of these all along, but because they were called "Killing a Girl in the Woods" they were able to say they didn't exist.
I’d like to know why this suspect of yours presented himself at the police station in the first place?  Any ideas?  Also, I’m pretty sure if LM had written an essay about killing a girl in the woods his supporters would find plenty of reasons why they should be dismissed as “juvenile scrawlings in an exercise book” or based on some video game.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #872 on: April 16, 2024, 05:28:29 PM »
These are all assumptions.  “Would have”.   When Nicola Bulley went in the river there were experts stating categorically that she would have been this and she would have been that, yet she was neither.  Just because police don’t find something doesn’t mean it never existed.  On what dates were Mitchell’s house extensively searched?  Was luminol used on all three dates (or even at all)?  I thought the general view from Mitchell supporters was that the policework on this case was shoddy to say the least?  Does that only hold true when it suits?

No assumptions at all. Luminol is used in every Police murder investigation when there is a need to find blood which may not be visible. It's the first thing they do once they see no evidence of blood. Luminol would be used until every place where blood could be has been covered. That might take 1 visit or 3. It makes no difference. If there was blood in that house it would have been found 100%, even if it had been washed down plugholes and pipes.

You can rest assured there was nothing shoddy about their investigations of LM. They tried everything they knew to find something to link him to the murder and failed. Their failure to cordon off the murder location and allow people to trample all over it for 8 hours is so inept it actually beggars belief. Think about it....if a murder happened on a grass verge outside your house or a serious road accident where someone had died, do you think there would be people trampling all around the scene for 8 hours? Whole roads often get closed when there are serious incidents, but with this case no, people were trampling around the murder location in the rain for 8 hours. As if that wasn't bad enough, they even moved the victim's body and put her on a plastic sheet and left her out in the rain all night. Their behaviour was not just inept and incompetent, it was disgusting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #873 on: April 16, 2024, 05:33:10 PM »
Very interesting that. It proves how ridiculous claims that LM "cleaned up" in the house are and miraculously defeated the laws of forensic science.
Can you please provide a cite for the extensive use of luminol in Mitchell’s house on the first search, 5 days after the murder please.  As I understand it no one ever claimed Jodi was murdered in his house so just how many litres of blood would you expect to have found there anyway?  Would a murderer who committed his crime 40 minutes earlier and who removed his outer garments and shoes before entering the house have still been dripping with blood?  Where exactly is all this blood coming off Luke inside the house and what areas in the house exactly were doused in luminol?  Are you suggesting that bloody hands and hair rinsed under a tap would leave sufficient traces of blood 5 days after cleaning the area with a cleaning product containing bleach and after being used regularly during this time?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #874 on: April 16, 2024, 05:33:50 PM »
I’d like to know why this suspect of yours presented himself at the police station in the first place?  Any ideas?  Also, I’m pretty sure if LM had written an essay about killing a girl in the woods his supporters would find plenty of reasons why they should be dismissed as “juvenile scrawlings in an exercise book” or based on some video game.

I think we would all like to know why MK who lived in Newbattle College very near RD Path, turned up at Scott Forbes' flat in Edinburgh out the blue the day after the murder with scratches on his face. We don't know what he was going to tell the Police, because they didn't interview him. They told him "someone will get in touch". It was years after the Trial they finally spoke to him.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #875 on: April 16, 2024, 05:36:23 PM »
No assumptions at all. Luminol is used in every Police murder investigation when there is a need to find blood which may not be visible. It's the first thing they do once they see no evidence of blood. Luminol would be used until every place where blood could be has been covered. That might take 1 visit or 3. It makes no difference. If there was blood in that house it would have been found 100%, even if it had been washed down plugholes and pipes.

You can rest assured there was nothing shoddy about their investigations of LM. They tried everything they knew to find something to link him to the murder and failed. Their failure to cordon off the murder location and allow people to trample all over it for 8 hours is so inept it actually beggars belief. Think about it....if a murder happened on a grass verge outside your house or a serious road accident where someone had died, do you think there would be people trampling all around the scene for 8 hours? Whole roads often get closed when there are serious incidents, but with this case no, people were trampling around the murder location in the rain for 8 hours. As if that wasn't bad enough, they even moved the victim's body and put her on a plastic sheet and left her out in the rain all night. Their behaviour was not just inept and incompetent, it was disgusting.
Re your first point.  Sorry if this sounds ignorant but how do the police examine pipes for traces of blood using luminol?  Do they have special camera or something?  Or do they have to dismantle the plumbing and if so was this done in this case?  A cite would be nice.
As for your second paragraph you completely contradict yourself.  “Nothing shoddy” but yet “inept, incompetent and disgusting “.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #876 on: April 16, 2024, 05:39:52 PM »
I think we would all like to know why MK who lived in Newbattle College very near RD Path, turned up at Scott Forbes' flat in Edinburgh out the blue the day after the murder with scratches on his face. We don't know what he was going to tell the Police, because they didn't interview him. They told him "someone will get in touch". It was years after the Trial they finally spoke to him.
I see.  Do you think maybe he went to the police to confess and then went away again to wait for them to contact him first?  Of course you don’t really think he did it anyway but always fun to point the finger at others.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #877 on: April 16, 2024, 05:40:14 PM »
Can you please provide a cite for the extensive use of luminol in Mitchell’s house on the first search, 5 days after the murder please.  As I understand it no one ever claimed Jodi was murdered in his house so just how many litres of blood would you expect to have found there anyway?  Would a murderer who committed his crime 40 minutes earlier and who removed his outer garments and shoes before entering the house have still been dripping with blood?  Where exactly is all this blood coming off Luke inside the house and what areas in the house exactly were doused in luminol?  Are you suggesting that bloody hands and hair rinsed under a tap would leave sufficient traces of blood 5 days after cleaning the area with a cleaning product containing bleach and after being used regularly during this time?

I don't have time to go back looking for cites, but regarding luminol, there's no need. It's just basic Police forensic practice when looking for blood that's not visible. Even if there was not a lot of blood, traces of it would be found. Luminol has detected traces of blood from as long ago as 8 years.

Irrespective of anyone's opinions about whether LM committed the murder or not, if he did he certainly did not return to the house after it and defeat the laws of forensic science.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #878 on: April 16, 2024, 05:51:33 PM »
I see.  Do you think maybe he went to the police to confess and then went away again to wait for them to contact him first?  Of course you don’t really think he did it anyway but always fun to point the finger at others.

It's possible he was. or at least knew something.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #879 on: April 16, 2024, 06:07:06 PM »
Re your first point.  Sorry if this sounds ignorant but how do the police examine pipes for traces of blood using luminol?  Do they have special camera or something?  Or do they have to dismantle the plumbing and if so was this done in this case?  A cite would be nice.
As for your second paragraph you completely contradict yourself.  “Nothing shoddy” but yet “inept, incompetent and disgusting “.

No contradictions - they botched the crime scene, but went to extreme lengths to try and find something incriminating against LM.

No it doesn't sound ignorant, luminol is not exactly a common discussion topic. With luminol they just apply it and dismantle pipe work. Easy to do. Once it's dismantled they can examine the pipes, splitting them open if they need to. People cannot carry out murders like this nowadays and clean up in their house. So if you still think LM did it, you would have to come up with some way he could have cleaned himself up and got rid of clothing and shoes in less than 45 minutes. That is one of the main reasons I believe it's not actually possible that it was him that did it.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #880 on: April 16, 2024, 06:19:37 PM »
No contradictions - they botched the crime scene, but went to extreme lengths to try and find something incriminating against LM.

No it doesn't sound ignorant, luminol is not exactly a common discussion topic. With luminol they just apply it and dismantle pipe work. Easy to do. Once it's dismantled they can examine the pipes, splitting them open if they need to. People cannot carry out murders like this nowadays and clean up in their house. So if you still think LM did it, you would have to come up with some way he could have cleaned himself up and got rid of clothing and shoes in less than 45 minutes. That is one of the main reasons I believe it's not actually possible that it was him that did it.
I would be amazed if the police examined the pipework in Mitchell’s house and this was never mentioned in court or by Mitchell’s family. 
As for your first sentence -I mentioned this before about picking and choosing to believe when the police were incompetent nincompoops and when to believe  they were super dilligent investigators to suit the argument.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #881 on: April 16, 2024, 06:20:45 PM »
I don't have time to go back looking for cites, but regarding luminol, there's no need. It's just basic Police forensic practice when looking for blood that's not visible. Even if there was not a lot of blood, traces of it would be found. Luminol has detected traces of blood from as long ago as 8 years.

Irrespective of anyone's opinions about whether LM committed the murder or not, if he did he certainly did not return to the house after it and defeat the laws of forensic science.
I’m sorry but your last sentence is simply opinion not fact.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #882 on: April 16, 2024, 06:24:46 PM »
Incidentally Mitchell admitted he liked to cut himself.  His mother presumably was still menstruating at the time. And yet not a single drop of blood was found anywhere in this house?  Not even innocently deposited? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #883 on: April 16, 2024, 06:37:42 PM »
Furthermore
“ Luminol has been widely used in the field of crime scene investigations to detect latent blood; however, luminol has the tendency to destroy DNA evidence”
I don’t believe it would have been used at all in Mitchell’s house.  It’s useful in showing up where a murder may have taken place, and how the crime was committed via showing up blood spatter, but not for finding incriminating traces in a suspect’s house where the crime never took place.  A visual search for blood would be more useful as blood samples could then be tested for DNA.  That said, if Jodi had ever set foot in Mitchell’s house this could have had an innocent explanation anyway. Not only that but Mitchell discovered the body, was already known to be at the scene of the crime - it could have been argued that her blood could have transferred onto him and been brought home that way.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 06:40:58 PM by Venturi Swirl »

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #884 on: April 16, 2024, 11:25:35 PM »
Furthermore
“ Luminol has been widely used in the field of crime scene investigations to detect latent blood; however, luminol has the tendency to destroy DNA evidence”
I don’t believe it would have been used at all in Mitchell’s house.  It’s useful in showing up where a murder may have taken place, and how the crime was committed via showing up blood spatter, but not for finding incriminating traces in a suspect’s house where the crime never took place.  A visual search for blood would be more useful as blood samples could then be tested for DNA.  That said, if Jodi had ever set foot in Mitchell’s house this could have had an innocent explanation anyway. Not only that but Mitchell discovered the body, was already known to be at the scene of the crime - it could have been argued that her blood could have transferred onto him and been brought home that way.

Wrong, luminol will show if blood has passed through pipes. The fact that you are now suggesting Police didn't use luminol to look for blood traces in the house is the last nonsensical comment I can respond to I'm afraid. You will need to do your own research from now on.