Author Topic: Discussion of BBC Crimewatch programme aired 14 Oct 2013  (Read 56009 times)

Offline Admin

Discussion of BBC Crimewatch programme aired 14 Oct 2013
« on: October 14, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »
This thread solely relates to the BBC Crimewatch programmed to be aired tonight at 9pm with an update at 11.10pm.

Members can post here as previews have already been shown.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:39:35 PM by Admin »

C.Edwards

Re: Discussion of BBC Crimewatch programme aired 14 Oct 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »
This thread solely relates to the BBC Crimewatch programmed to be aired tonight at 9pm with an update at 11.10pm.

Members can post here as previews have already been shown.

I don't know if this is already being discussed elsewhere, but Redwood was just on 5 live talking about the sighting that led to the new e-fit.  Guess what? Yup, it's the Smith family sighting!  He failed to actually refer to them by name "it was a group of people..." but it was at 10pm and in an area close to the area of interest. The man was carrying a blonde child possibly in pyjamas.

This would be the same Smith sighting when they said they didn't get a clear look at the man's face, right?
Regarding the individual he states that: he was Caucasian, around 175 to 180m in height. He appeared to be about 35/40 years old. He had a normal complexion, a bit on the thin side. His hair was short, in a basic male cut, brown in colour. He cannot state if it was dark or lighter in tone. He did not use glasses and had no beard or moustache. He did not notice any other relevant details partly due to the fact that the lighting was not very good.

And Aofie:
she did see his face but now cannot remember any detail. She believes that he had a clean-shaven face. She does not remember any tattoos, scars or earrings. She did not look at his ears. His hair was thick-ish, light brown in colour, cut in a short style, short from behind (normal) and a bit longer on the top.

And from that they get the new e-fit. All for just £5 million quid. Bargain.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 01:40:46 PM »
As soon as I saw the e fit I thought it looked like Gerry so I am not surprised its the smith sighting... I cannot understand why the males from both sightings weren't traced.... surely if that was you who was described you would come forward with your innocent explanation to help the investigation

C.Edwards

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 01:44:20 PM »
As soon as I saw the e fit I thought it looked like Gerry so I am not surprised its the smith sighting... I cannot understand why the males from both sightings weren't traced.... surely if that was you who was described you would come forward with your innocent explanation to help the investigation

f**k me!  It's s sensible post from Davel  Quick, screenshot it before it gets removed.

What if the sighting WAS of Gerry. What then? Will he come forward and eliminate himself from the enquiry? You know, just assuming that the people who allegedly saw him a few minutes away from this location at the table were mistaken - you know how unreliable these witness sightings are, right?

Offline Victoria

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 01:48:41 PM »
If it is the Smith sighting then it just goes to show what a mistake it was by the original investigation team not to get efits done at the time. But I await confirmation that it is the Smiths.

Lyall

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 01:49:20 PM »
I don't think JT will be watching the show tonight.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 01:53:21 PM »
I don't think JT will be watching the show tonight.

WHY?
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

C.Edwards

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »
By the way, the 5-live reporter said the efits were done some time ago (years I think he said) but never released before.  These aren't new e-fits.   I imagine they were shown to the Smiths who said, "god knows, already told you we didn't get a clear look at him" and that's why they weren't released.  But nice work in slipping in a bash at the PJ there Victoria.  8@??)(

Redblossom

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »
If it is the Smith sighting then it just goes to show what a mistake it was by the original investigation team not to get efits done at the time. But I await confirmation that it is the Smiths.

CEdwards posted the confirmation in an earlier post

Add to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24513267

Must be the smith family
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:59:11 PM by Redblossom »

C.Edwards

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 01:58:14 PM »
CEdwards posted the confirmation in an earlier post

Add to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24513267

Must be the smith family

Thanks Red.

Det Ch Insp Redwood said the child in the man's arms had not been crying, nor looked in distress

How the hell does he know the child had not been crying?  Flipping heck, and this man is near the top of our supposedly elite police force?

Lyall

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 02:09:50 PM »
By the way, the 5-live reporter said the efits were done some time ago (years I think he said) but never released before.  These aren't new e-fits.   I imagine they were shown to the Smiths who said, "god knows, already told you we didn't get a clear look at him" and that's why they weren't released.  But nice work in slipping in a bash at the PJ there Victoria.  8@??)(

Then they could have released them two years ago? >@@(*&) Redwood was just on Sky News. The pressure on the guy must be huge, and I think it's showing.

Offline sika

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
Has any more detail been released, regarding the phone evidence?

Lyall

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 02:13:57 PM »
Has any more detail been released, regarding the phone evidence?

None yet Sika.

Offline Benice

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 02:25:33 PM »

It seems hard to believe that only the Smith family saw this man.   Could it be that others did, but didn't come forward - because they just didn't want to get involved with the PJ.    I always come back to Mrs Murat and the table she set up for locals who might have info but didn't want to go to the police.  Very telling IMO.  Maybe someone else has since come forward and added to the original description?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

icabodcrane

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »
So what are we being told here ?

The man in these latest photo-fits is said to be the man the Smiths saw  ...   and look nothing like the Man Jane Tanner saw

Are we to understand that Scotland Yard believe the man the Smiths saw was  NOT the same  man Jane saw   ?  ...   and that the man Jane saw was  NOT  an abductor  ?