Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 93278 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2019, 06:31:09 PM »
I suspect this post and a like by a mod is attempt at a wind up,G is better than to warrant it.
davel says he has a form of dyslexia and its respected,not the same compassion for a sceptic it can be said.
Davel’s typos are always being complained about!!  I have utmost compassion for anyone suffering from poor vision and cataracts, they run in my family so I know all about it, that doesn’t mean if a family member makes a funny typo that I have to be all respectful and po-faced about it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »
Davel’s typos are always being complained about!!  I have utmost compassion for anyone suffering from poor vision and cataracts, they run in my family so I know all about it, that doesn’t mean if a family member makes a funny typo that I have to be all respectful and po-faced about it.

One of my friend's husband has dementia.
She tells me that they share laughs about some of the incidents of forgetfulness.
It's how they cope.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2019, 09:43:57 PM »
So you aren't interested in how complicated it can be.  I might as well have saved my time.

I'm not interested in cryptic comments, but I'm just as interested in how the moderators feel as I am in how ordinary members feel. My aim was to explore why there's such conflict between moderators and members sometimes and to see if a solution could be found. Understanding the problens moderators face is an important part of that process. Thanks to some of the things you've said I understand better than I did, even if no-one else does. Thank you Eleanor.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2019, 10:00:43 PM »
One of my friend's husband has dementia.
She tells me that they share laughs about some of the incidents of forgetfulness.
It's how they cope.

Shared laughter is important. I told my children how I used the torch on my phone one night to look for something instead of putting the light on. What was I looking for? My phone!

Poking fun at relative strangers is another matter entirely in my opinion. I'm not upset by it because strangers I interact with online don't have the power to upset me. I simply speak my mind and let others judge. .
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2019, 11:14:00 PM »
Shared laughter is important. I told my children how I used the torch on my phone one night to look for something instead of putting the light on. What was I looking for? My phone!

Poking fun at relative strangers is another matter entirely in my opinion. I'm not upset by it because strangers I interact with online don't have the power to upset me. I simply speak my mind and let others judge. .
I’m very glad to hear you’re not remotely upset and I’d like to remind you that I wasn’t poking fun at you, simply amused by the descriptive new word you had inadvertently invented. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2019, 11:29:43 PM »
I’m very glad to hear you’re not remotely upset and I’d like to remind you that I wasn’t poking fun at you, simply amused by the descriptive new word you had inadvertently invented.

Of course you weren't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »
Of course you weren't.
Are you calling me a liar?  For someone who claims not to be upset you seem to want to make something of it.  As I have already pointed out, you have made dozens and dozens of typing errors, this was the ONLY one I have commented on and the ONLY reason for doing so was because ai liked the word.  Now, you may choose to believe I am out to ridicule you if you want or you can accept it was a harmless bit of fun that you havr chosen to blow out of all proportion, perhaps to try and make a show of me.  Time to be mature and move on. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2019, 11:55:53 PM »
Are you calling me a liar?  For someone who claims not to be upset you seem to want to make something of it.  As I have already pointed out, you have made dozens and dozens of typing errors, this was the ONLY one I have commented on and the ONLY reason for doing so was because ai liked the word.  Now, you may choose to believe I am out to ridicule you if you want or you can accept it was a harmless bit of fun that you havr chosen to blow out of all proportion, perhaps to try and make a show of me.  Time to be mature and move on.

Every post I've made on this subject has been a reply to you or others.. I wouldn't have referred to it again if you and others hadn't carried on posting about it. I can assure you that if you shut up so will I.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2019, 07:26:52 AM »
Every post I've made on this subject has been a reply to you or others.. I wouldn't have referred to it again if you and others hadn't carried on posting about it. I can assure you that if you shut up so will I.
Incorrect.  You raised the issue of me laughing at your typo first when you wrote

“I'm glad my mistakes (caused by my cataract) are keeping you amused”

It now transpires that you weren’t glad at all but rather attempting to take some moral high ground on account of your condition to try and put me in my place.  It is you who has made something out of nothing but it seems you are also determined to have the last word on the subject.  As I said, time to accept my explanation or keep on and on about it forever.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2019, 10:00:31 AM »
Incorrect.  You raised the issue of me laughing at your typo first when you wrote

“I'm glad my mistakes (caused by my cataract) are keeping you amused”

It now transpires that you weren’t glad at all but rather attempting to take some moral high ground on account of your condition to try and put me in my place.  It is you who has made something out of nothing but it seems you are also determined to have the last word on the subject.  As I said, time to accept my explanation or keep on and on about it forever.

I have only ever replied. If you don't like my replies that's tough. I don't care why you did it to be honest, and I don't want to keep on discussing it; you do. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2019, 10:18:01 AM »
I have only ever replied. If you don't like my replies that's tough. I don't care why you did it to be honest, and I don't want to keep on discussing it; you do.

Is the current Off Topic argument in which you are presently indulging an example of something that you would wish moderators to take censoring action against as per your former posts suggesting how we could improve moderation?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2019, 11:31:00 AM »
Is the current Off Topic argument in which you are presently indulging an example of something that you would wish moderators to take censoring action against as per your former posts suggesting how we could improve moderation?

As I have pointed out several times I have instigated none of it. Why have you chosen to address your post to me instead of to the one who is driving the exchanges?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2019, 11:57:31 AM »
As I have pointed out several times I have instigated none of it. Why have you chosen to address your post to me instead of to the one who is driving the exchanges?

Takes two to tango 🤪
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »
The above is a good example of how things deteriorate to the point that the mods have to start deleting and then members start to ask why their posts were deleted.

The majority of mods here post opinion too and that can often cause conflict if said mod has to moderate those posts. It's a no win situation really but I feel my fellow mods handle it well in those difficult circumstances.

I notice davel is taking some time out, is he off on his hols?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:24:23 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2019, 01:21:07 PM »
The above is a good example of how things deteriorate to the point that the mods have to start deleting and then members start to ask why their posts were deleted.

The majority of mods here post opinion too and that can often cause conflict if said mod has to moderate those posts. It's a no win situation really but I feel my fellow mods handle it well in those difficult circumstances.

I notice davel is taking some time out, is he off on his hols?

As you have chosen to give your opinion perhaps you could elucidate further? I didn't post an off topic post, but I answered one because it was aimed at me. Futher off topic posts were directed at me, which I also answered. In my opinion a moderator chose to intercede by castigating me for taking part. Why me and not the one driving the discussion? Why was I targetted?
Result = happy posting.