Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 92432 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2019, 09:11:32 PM »
It's not always possible to prove you're right. The sensible thing to do then is to stop trying. Resorting to abuse isn't the sensible thing to do, especially if those disagreeing with you are moderators.
Davel obviously deliberately resorted to abuse knowing he would be banned.  He’d had enough of the stupidity and wanted a break I expect. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #166 on: June 11, 2019, 09:57:13 PM »
Davel obviously deliberately resorted to abuse knowing he would be banned.  He’d had enough of the stupidity and wanted a break I expect.

All these judgemental words that get bandied about; stupidity, bullying, bias, etc. All opinions and all designed to sow discord imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #167 on: June 11, 2019, 10:26:47 PM »

A self imposed exile?
Wouldn't blame him at all.
He had had over moderating and.goading to deal with and then the jocular posts about Madeleines disappearance which in my opinion were unacceptable.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:41:32 PM by slartibartfast »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #168 on: June 11, 2019, 11:13:50 PM »
All these judgemental words that get bandied about; stupidity, bullying, bias, etc. All opinions and all designed to sow discord imo.
OK let’s ban all insults and all judgmental words, regardless of to whom they apply, shall we?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2019, 06:48:35 AM »
A self imposed exile?
Wouldn't blame him at all.
He had had over moderating and.goading to deal with and then the jocular posts about Madeleines disappearance which in my opinion were unacceptable.

So in your opinion he's a reasonable, uncontroversial member who, through no fault of his own, gets goaded and ober moderated?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2019, 07:11:05 AM »
So in your opinion he's a reasonable, uncontroversial member who, through no fault of his own, gets goaded and ober moderated?
Exactly.  His views are not controversial, certainly not when compared to numerous sceptics on here, IMO.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2019, 08:01:09 AM »
Exactly.  His views are not controversial, certainly not when compared to numerous sceptics on here, IMO.

I was referring to his posting style, not his opinions.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2019, 08:18:13 AM »

My part in the public discussion of a fellow forum member is finished!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2019, 10:14:51 AM »
My part in the public discussion of a fellow forum member is finished!

I agree. The discussion shouldn't have focussed onto one named member.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »
I agree. The discussion shouldn't have focussed onto one named member.

I think when you raised your initial question about how many chances people should be given, then it was more than obvious to whom you were referring.
Did you receive any answers to your original question?
Pardon my cynicism in believing that if a sceptic had been the person in question, then I doubt you would have raised such a question!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2019, 01:57:17 PM »
I think when you raised your initial question about how many chances people should be given, then it was more than obvious to whom you were referring.
Did you receive any answers to your original question?
Pardon my cynicism in believing that if a sceptic had been the person in question, then I doubt you would have raised such a question!
totally
An incident occured which led to someone being sanctioned. We were all told why; totally unacceptable language had been used to both moderators and other members. As was also pointed out; there should be no need to keep reminding people of the rules.

It seems to me that the sanctions don't work, because if they did people would behave better, Hence ny question, In my opinion repeating the same offence should carry a heavier penalty each time it's repeated.This should apply to ALL menbers.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2019, 02:03:31 PM »
totally
An incident occured which led to someone being sanctioned. We were all told why; totally unacceptable language had been used to both moderators and other members. As was also pointed out; there should be no need to keep reminding people of the rules.

It seems to me that the sanctions don't work, because if they did people would behave better, Hence ny question, In my opinion repeating the same offence should carry a heavier penalty each time it's repeated.This should apply to ALL menbers.

Possibly best to direct your concerns and suggestions to John!

I've had an entire career dealing with classroom rewards, discipline, indiscipline, rules, penalties etc! ..........

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:12:41 PM by Erngath »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2019, 03:03:35 PM »
I was referring to his posting style, not his opinions.
What’s controversial about it?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2019, 03:05:27 PM »
totally

IMO, this forum needs Davel and others who post “controversially” because without them it would be Dullsville Arizona. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2019, 05:25:41 PM »
IMO, this forum needs Davel and others who post “controversially” because without them it would be Dullsville Arizona.

Well, as you say, you're just here for the craic.
Result = happy posting.